• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanite10

Small DOS Games

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Dos games = old
WELCOME TO 1987!

Wasn't Quake or some lame-ass ass-old non-Q3A-leet game released back then?

Originally posted by Darkstalker
Leisure suit Larry was kinda funny

Heh, I played a few of those. One of them had no options: you had to type everything in and learn commands that way. That was no fun at all. Some of the later ones were amusing. I remember one where you died the next day if you wore a used condom you found on the floor. And whichever one had the guy driving around on the tram was hilarious.

I remember leisure suit larry, son had it and it used to ask him questions to confirm he was over 18, course he wasn't, but me and the mrs could never get 'em right neither :)

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Dos games = old
WELCOME TO 1987!

wohoo! let's party like it's 19...87!
But seriously:

DOOM = old
WELCOME TO 1993

Originally posted by Zaldron

Originally posted by me
Elite - if Alleycat gets the award for most playability per kilobyte, Elite definitely gets the award for most data per kilobyte. The original CGA game stores the entire game engine and 8 (or 9) galaxies, each with hundreds of planets, and stuff like population, government and market prices for each planet, plus a bunch of special missions, in 74K!

Holy shit, that's gotta be created in real time.

Well, the stats for each of the thousands of planets (names, locations, prices, government, some other meaningful and meaningless stuff) are the same every time, so I assume it's some complex randomization algorithm with a constant seed.

...so I assume it's some complex randomization algorightm with a constant seed.

Sounds like my ass every time I eat at Hacienda.

Hahaha laugh it up, you weren't the one firing out green liquid shit like a fucking firehose for nine hours straight.

I think in the 1st larry you just have to hold CRTL and press x and you jump over the boring question you have to answer before you can play.

Sounds like my ass every time I eat at Hacienda.

Hahaha laugh it up, you weren't the one firing out green liquid shit like a fucking firehose for nine hours straight.

lol

BTW sopwith was the bomb. Probally the first game where you could destroy bovines, thus making it a predesessor to the Baron of Hell in Doom.

You see, it's all connected in strange and mystic ways...

Infocom made some fine text adventure games in the eighties. Once you get past the shock of "a game... without graphics ??", they're really cool. I'd recommend Trinity, the Zork trilogy and/or Leather Godesses of Phobos. Seriously.

Originally posted by FlatHead
Infocom made some fine text adventure games in the eighties. Once you get past the shock of "a game... without graphics ??", they're really cool. I'd recommend Trinity, the Zork trilogy and/or Leather Godesses of Phobos. Seriously.

I believe you, but it doesn't sound tempting anyway.

Originally posted by Fredrik
I believe you, but it doesn't sound tempting anyway.

I agree too. Old games where fun back in the old days, at least for me. The only thing good about those kind of games is when you feel nostalgic so you play them for some times and when you feel okay you go back in todays games realising how beautiful graphics have become and that you have lost all your skill in that game because you have lost your time on some shitty old game. So you feel nostalgic and go back on old games. And you go on and on and on and on and on... Well , thats the negative effect of old games.

Doom is not old you fool.

I know it's not, but don't tell them ;)

Originally posted by Crendowing
/me says HIS mantra: you're a retard, you're a reatard...

/me says his new mantra: you listen to nin, you listen to nin...

Originally posted by orion

/me says his new mantra: you listen to nin, you listen to nin...

That would be an insult to me.

Originally posted by Darkstalker
The oldest snake game I know is the snake that has to eat apples to get bigger and you died if you hit your tail or a wall. I was king of that game when I was in grade 2. I think it was Dragon Smog or something...

you're not talking about "Snake Rattle and Roll" for NES are you? that game kicked ass, what you described sounds alot like it

Originally posted by masterhassan

you're not talking about "Snake Rattle and Roll" for NES are you? that game kicked ass, what you described sounds alot like it

Ahh... the wonderful good old Snake Rattle and Roll :)

Originally posted by masterhassan

yeah but in my prov. since it its french it was called "dragon smog" that was in the program "sac à puces + " which I'm gonna try to translate for the english folks who don't know a French word, it"s like "Flea bags +". I know the name sucks big time but it was the greatest game we had. On secondary 3 (Grade 9), I learned it was my teacher that made this program. So for our final VB program we remade the game.

Translating stuff sucks. Everybody should know all languages.

I think that would lead to some..err...misunderstandings :P

Originally posted by Maonth

I think that would lead to some..err...misunderstandings :P

Compromise: everybody should speak Swedish.

Compromise: everybody should speak Swedish.

no. Swedish is just a ripoff of danish.

german is the coolest language. you can kill people with spit!

The world's deadliest joke is in German.

"Wenn ist das Nunstruck git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput."

Heh, I found some old disks a while back, most notably Brix. That game kept me occupied for about 4 months after I first discovered it.

That, Jill of the Jungle and a few others I've forgotten already.

They're all from company called DaVinci Software Library. I think they might have just been a distributor though, since they were distributing shareware Doom with their name on the disks.