Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Does anyone know who the owner of Sp00kyFox on YT? I had requested way back if I could have my Nerve TAS uploaded, because I say that way back the person had uploaded both the Plutonia 2 TASes, yet they only just uploaded Clumsy's TAS. And I have requested it right when I released my run.

Looper said:

Hellrevealed II map01-10 UV-Speed

Most likely not going to do the rest of the maps because it takes so much time. Enjoy

Amazing. That MAP09 was really something :D

I can see why you wouldn't do the whole thing, but how long do you think the D2ALL would be?

AD_79 said:

I can see why you wouldn't do the whole thing, but how long do you think the D2ALL would be?

I have absolutely no idea, and too lazy to make an educational guess D:

MD922 said:

Does anyone know who the owner of Sp00kyFox on YT?

that would probably be me ^^
I was absent for a while from the doom community. regarding my channel.. I just check DSDA from time to time to see if there are some new interesting demos especially complete runs for well-known or popular wads. It's not a regular thing, my channel is an absolute niche anyway. so don't be mad at me if I overlook the newest achievement in doom running. maybe I should open a thread here and ask which demos you wanna see uploaded to YT, what do you think guys?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6RFRq8iiKqhst5d_FVtBmQ

Looper said:

Some of the HR2 levels are so crammed with monsters... never thought you could evade them that easily :)

Looper said:
Most likely not going to do the rest of the maps because it takes so much time. Enjoy

A pity neither you nor kimo_xvirus could complete the whole thing.... Still, that's a great demo, and the map 06 trick is impressive. Thanks for recording it.

Just finished map 03 for Scythe 2 E1 TAS. Akse, it looks like you missed a really big trick for map 03 :p Anyway, I need help for map 04. There is an archvile jump that I want to test. It contains bringing up the archvile up the stairs after getting the archvile to spawn from the blue key. My wonder if its possible to AVJ into the teleporter to the blue key. Or the alternative way is raising the bridge with the blue keycard, then AVJ from there. Can anyone figure it out?

Looper said:

At last! Although too "buildie" for my taste.

Looper said:

Most likely not going to do the rest of the maps because it takes so much time.

Understandable.

MD922 said:

It contains bringing up the archvile up the stairs after getting the archvile to spawn from the blue key.

My guess - it won't be fast enough.

Alright. So if I get 19 on map 04 and 19 on map 05, my end time should be 1:53. So the run should end up being sub-2 :)

MD922 said:

Alright. So if I get 19 on map 04 and 19 on map 05, my end time should be 1:53. So the run should end up being sub-2 :)

Curious.

You will probably be surprised of the trick I added in as well as the random 1 seconds improvements here and there :-)

Akse said:

My guess - it won't be fast enough.

Unless you don't bring him up the stairs, just manipulate him so he sees you from the garden, then add a rjump to reach the teleporter. Ask yourself, marine, Do I Even Have Enough Health (DIEHEH)?

19s on map20 seems doable with the optimal path and enough boosts. I assume the big trick on map03 would be a free glide straight to the exit staircase. Possibly doable in a real UV Speed as well? I don't like running 03 so it's not like I ever studied it for more than 30 seconds, heh.

A few points to state. Map 03's ending bars AREN'T glideable. It's not 32 units. Seconds point, up to map 04, for what I know there isn't a rocket launcher and the AVJ is doable by itself. And I'm not sure why you are talking about map 20 in this case, because I'm only going to map 05 for now :p

MD922 said:

A few points to state. Map 03's ending bars AREN'T glideable. It's not 32 units.

Except they are 32 unit gaps.

When I analyzed the map, I didn't see that they are 32 units. Not exactly sure, but I'll check them again. Anyway, then I need some help here Akse with the glide I guess :p I remember before starting this run going to the bars attempting to glide it but none of the gaps appeared to be glideable. Oh and if you don't mind, since I'm on the go can you post a picture to show me?

MD922 said:

And I'm not sure why you are talking about map 20 in this case, because I'm only going to map 05 for now :p

Wow, how did that happen, I meant map05 of course. My uv speed is almost certainly humanly optimized, but I don't see why a perfect TAS couldn't reach 19, yeah.

Oh and if you don't mind, since I'm on the go can you post a picture to show me?

Most certainly!

I honestly have 0 experience with TASing a guideless glide. I have an idea for a way to possibly do the glide, but the way won't be optimal. Anyway, the original trick I developed was using the AV from the window that's inside one of the keycard rooms and AVJ over the border. I had gotten 31.94 with that, but I bet with the glide 30 or under is goal.

MD922 said:

none of the gaps appeared to be glideable.

hmm... Here is a shitdemo. Studying the map took me 3.5 minutes, so I could misunderstand you / miss a shortcut.
I also tried an instant flatface glide, but it seems pointless. Every instant glide requires momentum controlling AND very precise positioning. It will just be a waste of time.
P.S.: Ask me in PM if you still need help with this glide.

s203-glide.zip

Sorry, I no longer need help. Shock built an instant glide with wall running on the sides of the bars. But thanks for your help :-)

Ohh, bruteforce... Never could make use of it.
BTW, I finally decided to make a 30uv run of Plutonia. So, stand in a queue. :)

Plutonia maps 01-07 HMP Speed in 3:15. Just uploading it here because...
I chose skill 3 by accident!!!!11!1 I will have to redo everything. Also, don't upload it to DSDA, please. I just want to show how smooth was this run going to be.

07pl315.zip

Oh man... Kind of funny that you haven't noticed it for so long but very tragic as well of course. To be fair, the difference doesn't seem to be very big in most levels. Good luck, I can only wish you patience to redo this promising looking demo.

Cool to see plutonia being worked on, very clean running and stuff. I really hope you'll bring in some fresh tricks here and there rather than the obvious 1sec built improvements though >:D

Memfis said:

Oh man... Kind of funny that you haven't noticed it for so long but very tragic as well of course. To be fair, the difference doesn't seem to be very big in most levels. Good luck, I can only wish you patience to redo this promising looking demo.

Thanks. I've only noticed it on map08, where a revenant appeared instead of an archvile. My ass is still on fire. :D

ClumsyDoomer said:

Plutonia maps 01-07 HMP Speed in 3:15.

Your demos starts to resemble mine. Such a pity it's skill 3...

Clumsy with the command line perhaps, but not so clumsy running :D

You did seem to get stuck on the last shotgun guy in map04 for a split second; I couldn't tell if the SSG reload animation was the problem, but assuming it was, could you kill him faster by switching to the regular shotgun (first killing the chaingunner with one regular shotgun hit)?