Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

50 Shades of Graytall (now on idgames!)

Sorry guys, but I'm out of inspiration for my map. Anyone care to finish it for me? 'cause I can put in the link to a more recent version of it.

@Breezeep: If i were to take it, i'd probably just spend 30 minutes and throw on a small exit portion and call it a day (probably just one from the exit room emporium too). I'm not sure if that's what you or other people want.

Breezeep said:

Sorry guys, but I'm out of inspiration for my map. Anyone care to finish it for me? 'cause I can put in the link to a more recent version of it.

Put up a link and I'll have a go. The version I played before didn't seem like it needed much more, just some kind of finale encounter.

Breezeep said:

Ok, you asked for it, Mouldy. Here is Stardust Mayhem. Now with more strange shapes and lighting stuffs. Have a go at it.

Cheers, I just had another play of it. The opening is great chaotic fun, the map itself probably doesn't need much added to it, just the fights after picking up the blue key need orchestrating. I'll see what I can do.

NoisyVelvet said:

i spent the last few hours making this...

Crazy Jimbo's Exit Room Emporium

Exit lines sold separately.

The $0.69 room is a rip-off. Don't buy!

Once again, all the nice exit rooms are prohibitively priced to make them accessible only to the 1%, while the lower classes have to use shoddy and unsafe products.

is there any more need for custom music in this project? i have a couple new songs i'm thinking about submitting to some projects, but i don't have any clue which ones to put them in.

Not entirely sure. I didn't settle on anything for ezormer's map yet, and I need to actually go over submissions to see if anything else needs one. You can post them if you want and we'll see.

Sorry about the lack of feedback, I'll post some later today but for now the abridged version:

Mechadon: Tall sky works in GLBoom+ but not PRBoom+, is it possible to have it work insoftware too? Testing the map is draining btw :P

Breezeep: all this needs is a handful of connections and you got a solid bitesize slaughtermap. I'll definitely consider it for inclusion if you want to finish it.

XASER ARE YOU STILL MAKING A MAP FOR THIS please say yes

What sort of problem are you having with the sky in PrBoom+ Marcaek? I did a quick test run to see if I was going crazy, but it looks like its working just fine in software, from what I can see.

It automatically stretches when I turn on mouselook too...could that be the issue? I'm running 2.5.1.4.test by the way.

Also sorry its such a pain to test. I know how you feel, I started to get pretty sick of testing it myself before I finished it :P

Here's an updated version of Breezeep's slaughter map:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ehwbqobjuzpssg/50sogt_Bre_b2.zip

I didn't need to add much in the end, just a few more monsters and some other gubbins. I'm not sure why i put the spider mastermind in there, its entirely useless given that this is a bfg spam map. I guess its some comic relief between battles.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

@Mechadon:

Spoiler

This is what I get with the sky, it's probably an issue on my end I guess. There's still going to be time to deal with little issues afterward. The keybar skies are actually really hard on the eyes if you move fast heh, maybe consider using some soid color skies or something, but I won't be too bothered if you don't. Nothing else to complain about, map is gr8 a+++ would accept again

@Breezeep and mouldy: Fun little murderfest, no complaints come to mind. I'll take it!

Doomhuntress: Yeah I think I can use both of these if you wouldn't mind :)

Finally, here is V4 of my map. It's probably as done as it'll get without any new feedback.

mouldy said:

Here's an updated version of Breezeep's slaughter map:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ehwbqobjuzpssg/50sogt_Bre_b2.zip

I didn't need to add much in the end, just a few more monsters and some other gubbins. I'm not sure why i put the spider mastermind in there, its entirely useless given that this is a bfg spam map. I guess its some comic relief between battles.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Wow, Incredible job! I really wasn't expecting all the floors to lower down and I like the teleport gimmick at the yellow key too. Otherwise, thanks for helping out!

Breezeep said:

Wow, Incredible job! I really wasn't expecting all the floors to lower down and I like the teleport gimmick at the yellow key too. Otherwise, thanks for helping out!

Its a funky little map, I love all the weird angles and flashing lights. I just realised I didn't implement any difficulty settings, I'll sort that out tomorrow

Marcaek said:

@Mechadon:

Spoiler

This is what I get with the sky, it's probably an issue on my end I guess. There's still going to be time to deal with little issues afterward. The keybar skies are actually really hard on the eyes if you move fast heh, maybe consider using some soid color skies or something, but I won't be too bothered if you don't. Nothing else to complain about, map is gr8 a+++ would accept again.

Just a thought, but that kind of looks like a borked TEXTURE1 entry. I don't know if you've merged anything into a new TEXTUER1 entry yet, but if you have, check and make sure the texture dimensions are correct.

If your just testing my standalone wad though, then I'm not sure what's going on. It might be my fault, but I gotta figure out what's going on if so :X

By the way, I'll pick a time between now and the 1st to replace those key markers with solid colors. I'm just too lazy to mess with it right now :P

I should clarify: the March 1st deadline is only for SUBMISSION, so you have a little room to breathe. Playtesting the next compilation comes next, as well as coop testing.

NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING

Marcaek said:

I should clarify: the March 1st deadline is only for SUBMISSION, so you have a little room to breathe. Playtesting the next compilation comes next, as well as coop testing.

NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING

That's good news, especially since I think my map is a complete disaster and I plan to start a new one tonight. Also, since I do not play co-op or deathmatch, I encourage multiplayer experts to completely take over that aspect of my map and do all the starts and multiplayer Things -- assuming I actually finish a map in time and it's accepted, coz things be lookin' bad right now, I tall ya. ;D

You'll be fine, Steve. As a disciple of the Kvlt ov Kravse, your big airy construction style is a natural fit for the Graytall aesthetic.

Plus, everybody loves cacoswarms, and at least a few folks love jagoffery.

SteveD said:

Also, since I do not play co-op or deathmatch, I encourage multiplayer experts to completely take over that aspect of my map and do all the starts and multiplayer Things

Me neither. Just do what I did and scatter some cyberdemons in there, and spread some deathmatch starts out wherever there's a cool enough opening shot, and put a weapon near them.

Also, i expect a flashing blue and red room with one trillion cacodemons; a camouflaged army of cacodemons.

re DM starts: don't worry about DM compatibility beyond the starts themselves, it's only a formality in case one of the maps ends up being good for LMS or something

Here's the newest version of my map: link.

Not significantly changed, but I addressed the suggestions I got. Monsters can now leave the room that lowers the blue key wall and go out on the platform, and I tried to use lighting effects to make switches a bit more obvious. Co-op/deathmatch starts added, but I don't really know much about multiplayer gameplay, so it's pretty much unchanged as of right now.