Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m8f

⬆️ Doomworld Community Top WADs of All Time (resurrected)

5 - Ancient Aliens

5 - Auger;Zenith

5 - Eviternity

5 - Finely Crafted Fetish Film

5 - Fractured Worlds

5 - Going Down

5 - Jumpwad

5 - Paradise

5 - Stardate 20X7

10 - Sunlust

Hmmm... Looks like a boring list, tbh. I need to play more.

On 7/11/2022 at 2:55 PM, Ravendesk said:

Felt like updating the tally. Linking my previous post for the ease of finding ^^^

The big favs:

Fractured worlds - 8

Sunlust - 8

Jumpwad - 8

The favs:

Axolotl - 2

Capybara - 2

Down the Drain - 2

FCFF - 2

JQ2 - 2

Noye - 2

Sliw - 2

Pagodia - 2

Poogers - 2

Sunder - 2

Then 10 points go to the Halloween collection:

Orange is true love - 2

Wormwood - 2

Wormwood EU - 2

Wormwood ]|[ - 2

Wormwood IV - 2

And I guess 1 point left for the honorable mention, I'm very happy that this wad exists:

Meowgi's Practice Hub - 1

On 4/19/2023 at 8:17 PM, Doomkid said:

Ray Mohawk 2 - 2 points (don't care that I ran it, it's one of my favorites!)

JAMAL JONES Trilogy - 2 points (once again)

Bourgeois Megawad - 2 points (damn right)

@m8f Should only be allowed 1 point each, cuz he voted for his own wads. OTOH this will also free 3 points for Doomkid to vote for other wads, so it's all good I think :)

Ray Mohawk 2: community project led by Doomkid, 3/20 maps by Doomkid.

Jamal Jones: community project dedicated to Doomkid, 4/69 maps by Doomkid.

Bourgeois Deathmatch: megawad by Decay, Doomkid, and Razgriz, 7/30 maps by Doomkid.

The work is considered your own if you made most of the work for it. So, voting for the community project or a collaboration that you have participated in is not limited by this rule.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:01 PM, PBeGood4 said:

10 - Going Down

9 - Sunlust

8 - Stardate 20x6

7 - Sigil

6 - Plutonia

5 - Eviternity

4 - BTSX E1

3 - Valiant

2 - TNT

1 - Hell Revealed

Updating my votes

10 - AUGER:ZENITH

9 - Going Down

8 - Overboard

7 - Ancient Aliens

6 - Sunlust

5 - Stardate 20x6

4 - Sigil

3 - Perdition's Gate

2 - JUMPWAD

1 - Hell Revealed

On 10/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, m8f said:

391. Nostalgia (Doom II, 2022, 32) [4: ]

Points are assigned, but missing the voter(s).

Another thing: I would like to suggest another entry addition to the list, say the last entry named "Unused Points", in which its "voters" are all who still having unassigned points. The purpose is to catch their attention so hopefully they will allocate those points.

Example:

666. Unused Points (?, ?, ?)  [8:  Dude-B: 3, Dude-F: 4, Dude-K: 1]

Fixed, thanks!

Unused points: 167

• Apaul27: 3
  • GratefulName: 1
  • TheGreenZap: 5
  • msx2plus: 5
  • DoomPlayer00: 4
  • sincity2100: 3
  • Nefelibeta: 4
  • Billa: 1
  • Steveb1000: 5
  • heliumlamb: 5
  • Astro X: 37
  • Gosu_Noob: 5
  • Electro Rage: 10
  • mhrz: 4
  • Christophine Place: 10
  • brendondle: 14
  • Codename_Delta: 48
  • Red Recluse: 1
  • faad3e: 2

I doubt that putting this information in the list will convince people to add their points. If I @'d or DM'd them, maybe (which I won't do, it would be annoying).

Also, given that missing points are mere 1.36% of total points, adding them won't change much.

I agree that it would be annoying, won't argue about that :)

But wow, 167 points. A WAD with all those points will rank #13 at this current stage, beating Sunder (with 161 points). Thanks for this interesting insight!

Guess I might as well update.....though it kind of remain unchanged. BTSX 2 is coming, though.....

9 points to 180 Minutes Pour Vivre

9 points to Alien Vendetta

5 points to Eviternity

5 points to Grove 

4 points to Eternal Doom

4 points to Plutonia II

3 points to Lost Civilization

3 points to Memento Mori II

3 points to Going Down

2 points to Hellbound

2 points to Arrival

2 points to Doom: The Way Id Did

1 point to Solar Struggle

1 point to Doom II: The Way Id Did

1 point to 1000 Lines Community Project 3

Updating my votes:

5 points: Darkening E2; Scythe 2; Plutonia 2

4 points: Requiem; Memento Mori 2

3 points: BTSX E1; Ultimate Simplicity; Phobos: Anomaly Reborn; IC2005; Chex Quest 3; Batman Doom

2 points: No End In Sight; Zen Dynamics; All Hell Is Breaking Loose; Dark7 MPK; 10 Sectors

1 point : Eternal Doom IV: RfO; Crusades; BTSX E2; Going Down

Runner Ups (0 point):

Decade; Thunderpeak; Deus Vult; Temple of Chaos 2 - Warped Reality; Monster Hunt Ltd (Part I & II); From Whom The Bell Tolls; Sine Die; The Classic Episode E2; Brotherhood of Ruin; Hi-Tech Hell 2 - Alien Tech; Operation Overlord; Cheogsh; XXXI Cybersky; The Slayer; The Dying End; KZDoom7; Phobia; HacX; The Darkest Hour; New Doom Community Project 2; Darkening E1

Honorable Mentions (0 point):

Epic 2; Scythe X; UAC Ultra + UltraTex; Speed of Doom; Doom The Way iD Did, The Lost Episode; Doom The Way iD Did; Community Chest 4; The Eye; Forsaken Overlook; Strife: Absolute Order; Area 51; Cyberdreams; Equinox

a.l.t. 6

japanese community project 6

no end in sight 6

sacrament 6

bauhaus 5

5till l1 complex 5

the given 4

sheer poison 4

equinox 4

bloody steel 3

lost civilization 3

monster hunter ltd. 3

got to support all my weirdo artsy little guys and gals out there

I don't have a list of direct links for the files here, so I cannot offer a way to automatically download everything. Most of the WADs here are uploaded to /idgames, others are from ModDB, file sharing services or personal web sites. Maybe Doom Launcher can somewhat facilitate downloading, as it can download from /idgames (I haven't tried it myself).

12 hours ago, m8f said:

ฉันไม่มีรายการลิงก์โดยตรงสำหรับไฟล์ต่างๆ ที่นี่ ดังนั้นฉันจึงไม่สามารถเสนอวิธีดาวน์โหลดทุกอย่างโดยอัตโนมัติได้ WAD ส่วนใหญ่ที่นี่อัปโหลดไปยัง /idgames ส่วนอื่นๆ มาจาก ModDB บริการแชร์ไฟล์ หรือเว็บไซต์ส่วนตัว บางที Doom Launcher อาจจะอำนวยความสะดวกในการดาวน์โหลดได้บ้าง เนื่องจากสามารถดาวน์โหลดได้จาก /idgames (ฉันไม่ได้ลองด้วยตัวเอง)

Oh wow, there's a whole lot of stuff.
No matter how you play, you can't play it all.
Thank you very much m8f.

On 8/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, elborbahquarama said:

a.l.t. 6

japanese community project 6

no end in sight 6

sacrament 6

bauhaus 5

5till l1 complex 5

the given 4

sheer poison 4

equinox 4

bloody steel 3

lost civilization 3

monster hunter ltd. 3

got to support all my weirdo artsy little guys and gals out there

i'm so sorry for changing my vote so soon but i played comatose recently and really liked it and i'm not going to play doom so much for now so i wanted to update, and also i noticed someone voted for back to saturn x 3 so i suppose it's authorised to vote for work in progress wads? i wanted to vote for voyager by beewen, it's planned to be a 32 levels wad and he has been sharing each level every time he finished one since 2013, he also made an alpha build in 2016 (it's missing 3 of the levels he finished), there is 24 completed levels so far (here is the developpement thread http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=380&page=1)

a.l.t. 6

japanese community project 5

no end in sight 5

sacrament 5

bauhaus 5

5till l1 complex 5

the given 4

sheer poison 4

voyager 4

comatose 3

equinox 3

bloody steel 2

lost civilization 2

monster hunter ltd. 2

Ok, here it goes.

9 points to 180 Minutes Pour Vivre

9 points to Alien Vendetta

5 points to Eviternity

5 points to Grove 

4 points to Eternal Doom

4 points to Lost Civilization

4 points to Plutonia II

4 points to Back to Saturn X: E2

2 points to Memento Mori II

2 points to Going Down

2 points to Hellbound

2 points to Arrival

1 point to Doom 2: The Way Id Did

1 point to Solar Struggle

1 point to 1000 Lines Community Project 3

Edited by LadyMistDragon

On 9/23/2023 at 3:21 AM, elborbahquarama said:

it's authorised to vote for work in progress wads?

Sure, as long as there is proof of existence.

If I ever forget to change the state of a wad when it's released, please let me know!

On 12/25/2022 at 5:25 PM, apichatpong said:

Sunder 10

Sunlust 9
Eviternity 9
Deus Vult II 9

Unloved 6
Lost Civilisation 6
Going Down 6

You might not want to count my vote since I didn’t play the wads by the rules… I mean, I played a LOT of theses wad’s maps with invulnerability cheat code. Nevertheless, whether it be simple stressless catharsis, deep esthetic contemplation, pure admiration for the mapper’s skills and tricks (and most of the time for other player’s skills to finish the maps), lovecraftian love or anything else (I went through a lot of feelings playing again Doom nearly 30 years after the first time), these are the wads that made me come back in this world (even though I’m far from being a gamer).
My choices are, simultaneously, classical and very modernish… no deep cut here, almost everyone knows these ones, but they are also very far from the original doom and doom II (which I still love a lot !).
Got a lot of shocks with the last 6 but the full discover of the Sunder maps (without the stress of being killed but with the exquisite pleasure of platforming (maps 11, 17, 18, 16 and of course 5…)) was tremendous to me. Every map is like a short novel and the difficulty with short novels is to find coherence when you put them together, here it’s an impressive success with gigantic decadence and melancholy as link, these maps all taste like collapsed ancient arches.

So, from a total newbie but with deep consideration, thanks to the community, the mappers, the musicians, the texturers, etc, for the four last months I spent were greats because of your talents !

Sunder 10
Sunlust 10
Tangerine Nightmare 10
Going Down 10
Fractured Worlds 10

Drastic changes, not on the wad’s choices but on the way to organize the points.

Since last year my way of playing evolved a bit : I moved from all cheating to playing easiest skill levels (with, for some dark encounters, a slice of cheat, and with two exceptions : 1) believe it or not, 25 years after my discovery of the game, I finally beat doom II on UV (not easily) 2) never tried Sunder without iddad).

These are the five wads I cherish the most, from beginning to end.

Sunder : everything I wrote last year still hold, but now, for the fun, I’ve tried other wads in Sunder’s style, some of them were nice but none had neither the cathartic sadness nor the intricate way Insane Gazebo manage to make you « feel » the architecture inside the fights (the closer I’ve found is maybe some levels in LunchLunch’s 10x10 (thanks MtPain27, and thanks LunchLunch).

Sunlust : my favorite 32-megawad. I know there is no such a thing as a perfect megawad, I know everybody is supposed to love Sunlust so it’s an easy pick… but, man, I love every level in it, I love the diversity in atmosphere, fights, secrets hunt, the great intertwining of both author’s style. On this last point, the last levels (notably 28 but especially 30 - two levels I still can’t beat, even on ITYTD) are astonishing achievements. Plus, when I feel that I’m gonna have a tough night, the best way I’ve found to change my mind without any form of anxiety is trying to beat my record for the journey through the whole wad (without monsters)(at some hours in the night, even the timed switches - with the help of the music - are hypnotic).
I’ve not tried yet Combat Shock but went through (or, at least, tried to) some Ribbiks’s classics… I was close to insert another one of them : Swim with the whales or Stardate 2X06 because they are flawless, also very impressive and challenging (even on low skill), Stardate 2X07 or, especially, Magnolia because, from my point of view, it seems to me that finishing them, even with cheats (I try not to) will take me another two years… (plus, all three levels of Magnolia are, in their own way, fascinating)

Going Down : the second wad (after TNT) I’ve played after returning to Doom a year and a half ago. It was on a direct download, without use of a port like zdoom or others, there was a bug in the end with an early collapse of the building with the spidermastermind, impeaching her to become the red angrier version of herself. Anyway : it’s a chaotic, energetic, twisted and very funny megawad. Mouldy hold the chair for doomcute’s best use, the going up for the mother’s phone call in the secrets always give me naïve joy. The level with the 7 yellow keys is my first remembrance of spending hours to understand the mechanic of a level, being at first annoyed then enlightened and rewarded. In fact, every floor of the elevator is smartly placed and the full coherence of it impress me.
Overboard is also very nice and, recently, I’ve played The eye which is banger !

Fractured Worlds : don’t get me wrong, it’s not (at all) an easy one ! But the job done by Nirvana to implement the skill levels for very casual players is absolutely nice and very much appreciated. As I wrote elsewhere, it’s the first wad I’ve played which, sometimes, gave me the feeling I was improving at this game. Of course, going deeper into the maps remembered me the trip is still long but, you know, we all have to start somewhere…
While evoking this wad, it seems that I always speak of learning things but, once again, don’t get me wrong : the maps are wonderful, the secret fight in each one of them with the change of palette is great idea, I think that, with Magnolia’s first map, I owe this mapset my best pacifist souvenirs… Everything is fun and rewarding in this place !
For the joke, I’ve also played Entropy by Nirvana (another one of his that I praise) and it was this map who made me stop full cheat. One day, starting the level on ITYTD, I forgot to iddad and manage, without any harm, to go through the entrance, have the rocket launcher and even go through the big imp, shotgunners, hell knights fight that follow (with some wounds). I finally died at the small square room (yellow key one, I think) with the cyberdemon and HK or Barons on sides. It was my « why not trying something else » moment.

Tangerine Nightmare : if wads were French literature book’s style (not theme), Sunder could be Chateaubriand’s « Mémoires d’outre-tombe » (Grandiloquent, precise, romantic, death-oriented) (with, for the happy few joke, a slice of Flaubert’s « Bouvard et Pécuchet »), Sunlust would be Stendhal’s « La chartreuse de Parme » (adventurous, seemingly intuitive but with great preparative work, travelling, cruel, ironic but with a true smile)(plus, Stendhal loved mathematics and I’m pretty sure that, at least, Ribbiks does also), Fractured Worlds go with Dumas’s « Trois mousquetaires » (full of plots, friendship, liveliness, heroism)… maybe Going down would be the most difficult to identify to only one style… There is something of Lautréamont’s horrific, surrealistic’s « Chant de Maldoror » but also a teint of Céline for the counter—balance in down-to-earth irony…
Anyway, why ? Why that ?
Because, my story with Tangerine Nightmare is quite like my story with Proust’s « Du côté de chez Swann ». When I started to read Proust’s book, I felt after three pages that it was so evocative, so deep in emotion (and sometimes abstract’s ones) that I’ve been forced to stop… And it took me one year to read the 400 pages of the book.
Believe it or not, I felt the same way with Tangerine nightmare. The atmosphere, from start, was so precise and evocative I had to stop after level 1, then one month later after level 2 etc etc. It took me almost 10 months to finish it. I happen to even praise the credits level !
I usually don’t like very much new monster’s sprites in Doom but here, to my own astonishment, it instantly worked. Every midi is smartly chosen, every map is a little island in an infinite orange ocean, never felt the power of silence in doom as in map 06 (after this harsh start where, step after step, you realize that anywhere you try to hide, any angle you choose, there will be an imp, or a chain gunner, or a revenant or a mancubus to shoot you). Map 07 is my favorite genuine adventure map (my favorite depressive adventure map being Anagnorisis from Eviternity).
You know what, I’m French. People tend to think that French always love, without even trying to argue, what come from France. It’s a lie, a mistake. Facing this French project I’ve always tried to find the failures, sometimes even absurdly convincing myself that «Ok, this map was great, but maybe it’s the last one of this kind »…
Tangerine Nightmare beat me : It’s great from A to Z.
Bravo ! 

Edited by apichatpong

Sorry to bump again this thread but, after having tried to write an addendum with nice wads I could have mentioned... and after having realised they were, more or less, all in the top 50 in here... i'll end up with a few words about a very original guy everybody knows but don't mention a lot in this thread.

I was close to add his pppp.wad because I spent a lot of time in it before Peter's perverted mind being confirmed (I mean, really confirmed)(I mean the uncensored version).

The one and only TimeOfDeath.

First, I love the nineties'computer and internet vibes you can feel in his work : I know ESPs are far from ultimate doom or doom II but TOD manage to hide his shenanigans in such a great way that the wads smells 1997. And this is deeply related with my relation to Doom, what i like the most with this game is the underdog timeline it represents : a way to refuse the "obligation" to be realistic (at least in form) that you have in a lot of contemporary video games, but without deconsidering the evolution of technology... just develop a fair use of it.

Also, he has a full mastery in disorienting players and, that, without the use of curves and scrolls. I love the way you can leave a room in one of his map and, coming back later, not being able to recognize it (I recall that I'm a newbie - and that might explains things - but I regularly fell stuck in his work... and I like it !).

About the combats : it depends on your state of mind... when you want to play fair, the least one can say is that they are challenging. When you want to avoid the challenge, it's a difficult to describe pleasure - absolute and mean - to let yourself overflowed by this dementia !

Sometimes, playing ESP3, i've spent hours just rocket-jumping in some huge rooms... for the fun and because I could (thanks god for the speedy (and infinite) weapons from this wad).

Some people say Death Metal is the jazz subgenra of metal, it doesn't surprise me ToD is his own Death Metal band.

Just one last word about his youtube channel : to be honest i've never watched an entire video but I regularly watch part of it. When my mind refuse the world around me, I sometimes dream of the quiet version of his life he shows us : sitting confortably in his armchair, with a warm blanket, playing doom, discussing the tv channel programs... the repetition of this routine make me think of some David Lynch's work. Specifically the one where, everyday, with the same angle, in the same place, Lynch gave us a 5 min weather report.

Well, it seems I should update my votes...

10 - Ozonia

9 - 180 Minutes Pour Vivre

6 - Struggle

5 - Beed's attempt at a cool arsenal (mod by @Beed28, link)

4 - Limit Buffet (link)

4 - Overboard

3 - Doom Negative One: Beyond the experiment

3 - Eviternity

2 - Vesper (mod by @Xaser, link)

2 - Uprising

2 - 3 Heures d'agonie 2

1 - Ray Mohawk 2: Ray Wreaks Havoc

1 - Wormwood ]|[: the Horror

1 - Tangerine Nightmare

1 - Fractured Worlds

1 - Doom 2 in Spain Only

Voting gets harder and harder every year. To compile this list, I was forced to outright cannibalize scores for Struggle, Eviternity, Ray Mohawk 2, Wormwood 3, Tangerine Nightmare and other great WADs.

Even so, I had to skip such masterpieces as CorruptionAustrian Avian Association or Back to the SaturnX 3 (release date TBA, but the 5-map teaser WAD alone is mind-blowing!)

It bothers me that as usual, this isnt a measurement of which is best, but which ones people know of.

Of course the famous wads like sunlust and alien vendetta are at the top. Im surprised eviternity didnt rank higher, or going down lower, since the whole, popularity contest thing...

Edit: Here are my rankings

10 Going down (my favourite doom wad of all time. This is peak doom combat. Short, very high octane action packed levels. Everything doom should be and nothing it shouldnt.)
10 Overboard (My second favourite doom wad of all time (if we're not counting total conversions, like Hocus DOOM))
6 Nostalgia (its just a lot of fun)
5 Sigil (its probably my most played official wad, its just fun!)
4 The master levels (yea, i am one of those FREAKS who likes the master levels, and i dont feel bad about doing this)

1 TNT Revilution (its music is so good and i love some of the levels! They are just rip roaring action and thats what doom should be!)

1 Strife veteran edition (listen, this game doesnt get enough credit, its just cool, and fun)

1 Thatcher's techbase (the iron lady can rust in hell. I'm just putting it on the chart because i can. Its also quite good!)
1 Tei Tenga/ Assault on Tei tenga (The combat is kinda lame but the tech is just so damn cool, especially for '99!)

1 Doom64 I mean, cmon, its really cool

1 Impossible, a new reality (EscherDOOM)

10 Hocus DOOM (Hocus Pocus is my favourite DOS game of all time, and the amount of justice Ravage did to that old game with this wad is impossible to overstate. I love this wad so much i'd pay 30$ for it if it was retail. I am beyond ecstatic that it exists, and that its getting a 5th episode in the future, which the original game never had, so they are free to make whatever excellent level they want!)
4 The bikini bottom massacre (do total conversions like these count?)

Edited by Flytrap : Added list;made it less annoying;Added doom64, took a point off TNT Revilution;Added Escherdoom, doom a took a point from Nostalgia

On 10/14/2023 at 8:35 AM, Flytrap said:

this isnt a measurement of which is best, but which ones people know of.

Agreed. There is no way to measure "best" in the field of entertainment at all, so popularity ranking it is.

TCs and standalone games do count, everything doom-related count. It seems that most of the folks here don't consider them "Doom wads", so they rarely occupy top slots. Official expansions are all listed now. Strangely, Doom 64 isn't.

For the reference, standalone games in this list:

Spoiler
  • Chex Quest
  • Freedoom: Phase 1
  • Freedoom: Phase 2
  • Hacx
  • Harmony
  • REKKR
  • Return of the Triad
  • Rise of the Wool Ball
  • Shrine II
  • Strife
  • The Adventures of Square
  • Urban Brawl: Action Doom 2
  • Urban Brawl: Dead of Winter

TCs:

Spoiler
  • Aliens TC
  • Army of Darkness TC
  • Ashes 2063
  • Batman Doom
  • Batman Doom: Reborn
  • Cold as Hell
  • Doom 64: Retribution
  • Doom: The Golden Souls
  • Doom: The Golden Souls 2
  • Gene-Tech: Before the Storm
  • Hocus Pocus Doom (Hocusdoom)
  • Ni'mRoD: IXNAY on the HOMBRE (Nimrod)
  • Osiris TC
  • Paranoid
  • Pinochestein 3D
  • Return of the Triad
  • Robocop Doom
  • Serpent: Resurrection
  • Shadow Of The Wool Ball
  • Star Wars for DOOM2
  • The Bikini Bottom Massacre 

9 hours ago, m8f said:

Agreed. There is no way to measure "best" in the field of entertainment at all, so popularity ranking it is.

TCs and standalone games do count, everything doom-related count. It seems that most of the folks here don't consider them "Doom wads", so they rarely occupy top slots. Official expansions are all listed now. Strangely, Doom 64 isn't.

For the reference, standalone games in this list:

Hide contents
  • Chex Quest
  • Freedoom: Phase 1
  • Freedoom: Phase 2
  • Hacx
  • Harmony
  • REKKR
  • Return of the Triad
  • Rise of the Wool Ball
  • Shrine II
  • Strife
  • The Adventures of Square
  • Urban Brawl: Action Doom 2
  • Urban Brawl: Dead of Winter

TCs:

Hide contents
  • Aliens TC
  • Army of Darkness TC
  • Ashes 2063
  • Batman Doom
  • Batman Doom: Reborn
  • Cold as Hell
  • Doom 64: Retribution
  • Doom: The Golden Souls
  • Doom: The Golden Souls 2
  • Gene-Tech: Before the Storm
  • Hocus Pocus Doom (Hocusdoom)
  • Ni'mRoD: IXNAY on the HOMBRE (Nimrod)
  • Osiris TC
  • Paranoid
  • Pinochestein 3D
  • Return of the Triad
  • Robocop Doom
  • Serpent: Resurrection
  • Shadow Of The Wool Ball
  • Star Wars for DOOM2
  • The Bikini Bottom Massacre 

Aw shucks. I should have given doom 64 a point, its really cool, and i like it immensely

brb

An impulse reorganization that I may regret and fix later:

5 points each to the following:

Jumpwad

Sunlust

Eden

Starlight Processing

Elysion

Magnolia

Finely Crafted Fetish Film
Wormwood: Expanded Universe

GOODWAD

Cyberdreams

Grove

Old:

Spoiler
On 2/22/2023 at 10:54 PM, Maribo said:

Updated list:

10 - Jumpwad

10 - Sunlust

10 - Elysion

5 - Wormwood: Expanded Universe

5 - Magnolia

5 - Deus Vult

1 - Grove

1 - Unloved

1 - No Chance

1 - Cyberdreams

1 - Saturnine Chapel

1 - Liminal Doom

1 - Scythe 2

1 - Black Room

1 - Italo-Doom

1 - Wormwood

Old list:

Edited by Maribo : indecisive brain hurt moment

On 6/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, Li'l devil said:

I haven't played many wads, and I forgot a lot of what I played, so I'll just post everything I still remember, heh.

STRAIN - 10
1 Monster Megawad - 8
TNT: Evilution - 6

Back to Saturn X Episode 1 - 3

Balls - 3

Bloody Steel - 3

Enjay's Marine Assault - 3

Ghoul's Forest 3 - 3

Knee-Deep in ZDoom - 3

Sunlust - 3

Alien Vendetta - 2

Ancient Aliens - 2

Requiem - 2

5till L1 Complex - 1

Scuba Steve's: Action Doom - 1

Congestion: 64 - 1

The Sky May Be - 1

Meh, I need to play more wads...

Edit: changed my opinion after replaying a couple of these wads. It looks like I'll have to update this once more soon, since I'm planning to playing many new wads and replaying these ones as well.

Honestly, you should remove all my picks from the rating. As of now, I don't think there are actually any wads that are my favorite. Nothing that would really make want to play them again. Even those wads that I used to play a lot I only did so because I didn't bother try out new wads much.

More than that, I think I chose most of the wads I did just to look different and so I picked some obscure stuff on purpose, some of which I've never even played.

I came to conclusion that, if it's something you don't really feel like coming back to, then it can't be your favorite. (Un)fortunately, for me this is every wad I played, and not just wads, but Doom as a whole is something I long since realized that I'm not much of a fan of (except Doom 3, that's my vibe). I just stuck with the Doom community by pure inertia and nostalgia (since this is the first community I've ever been a part of), so I've sorta been forcing myself to be more into Doom than I really wanted to.

Unrelated, but it'd be really cool if you also made the option for us to list wads that we hate and have us lower the score of these wads. I'd happily list Sunlust as my most hated to lower its score a bit so that I could upset all these foolish Sunlust fans above me.

Sunder 10
Abandon 10
Sunlust 8
Swim with the wales 5
Speed of Doom 2
Scythe2 2
Stardate 20X6 2
SF2012 1
Going down 1
Plutonia 1

Still got plenty of wads on my to play list but I want to add my votes to these great wads for now.

1 hour ago, Li'l devil said:

Unrelated, but it'd be really cool if you also made the option for us to list wads that we hate and have us lower the score of these wads. I'd happily list Sunlust as my most hated to lower its score a bit so that I could upset all these foolish Sunlust fans above me.

To what point though? feels unnecessary to turn a thread about voting for ones favorite wads to a shit flinging debate.

It bothers me that as usual, this isnt a measurement of which is best, but which ones people know of.

Of course the famous wads like sunlust and alien vendetta are at the top. Im surprised eviternity didnt rank higher, or going down lower, since the whole, popularity contest thing...

People vote for their favorite wads so in aggregate this is the communities "top" wads list. Of course people think their favorites are also the best that's just natural, popular wads are popular for a reason.

Some people just want to be contrarians, maybe because Sunlust kicked their ass. Complaining about "popularity contests" and then voting for Going Down is particularly funny.

10 Sunlust
9 Sunder
8 Going Down
7 Struggle: Antaresian Legacy

3 Dimension of the Boomed
3 The 10x10 Project
3 Preacher

2 Abscission
2 Nostalgia 2
2 Stardate 20X6
2 Jumpwad
2 Fractured Worlds
2 Altars of Madness

On 10/23/2023 at 9:26 PM, Li'l devil said:

you should remove all my picks from the rating.

Done! You can reinstate your points at any time if you want.

Nothing that would really make want to play them again.

Replayability isn't the only existing merit, just saying.

it'd be really cool if you also made the option for us to list wads that we hate and have us lower the score of these wads.

Nope! You can only lower the position of a wad by voting for other wads.