Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

[SLOTS TAKEN!] Community Trunk, a cp in the style of CC1 and CC2

7 minutes ago, Spineapple tea said:

Might be time to ping some of the people who haven't updated us much or at all yet.

Progress has been slow as I need to get Doom Odyssey II complete but you'll get my map which is over halfway complete before mid year.

Hey guys, sorry for being absent. I've been mentally spent for this week, and probably the last couple weeks as well. I just haven't had the energy to go map or work on this. But I'm feeling better. I'm still working on my maps, so there's no pressure for being a little late. Thanks for your patience. 

My maps should be finished soon, but I do have a lot of community projects I'm still working on. I'm sure a you all do too. So if these aren't are completed in late Spring, it's no big deal. Thanks.

Is the statusbar final already? Its background pattern makes it kinda hard to read the golden letters of the stats (Health, Armor etc). I suggest to either make the pattern more subtle or try to make the letters stick out somehow.

Edited by NightFright

@Dusty_Rhodes Hey, could you extend the map limit to 34 (33 and 34 as warp only levels)? I really wanna make a map for this. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Paf said:

@Dusty_Rhodes Hey, could you extend the map limit to 34 (33 and 34 as warp only levels)? I really wanna make a map for this. Thanks!

I'm afraid not. Map34 is already taken, and Map35 slots end up really weird in vanilla \ limit removed ports. Sorry. Do keep in mind that a sequel will come next year, so keep an eye open for that.

5 hours ago, NightFright said:

Is the statusbar final already? Its background pattern makes it kinda hard to read the golden letters of the stats (Health, Armor etc). I suggest to either make the pattern more subtle or try to make the letters stick out sonehow.

I really like it as is, but you can ask @SilverMiner, the creator of the status bar.

53 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'm afraid not. Map34 is already taken, and Map35 slots end up really weird in vanilla \ limit removed ports. Sorry. Do keep in mind that a sequel will come next year, so keep an eye open for that.

Is MAP33 taken then?

1 hour ago, Paf said:

Is MAP33 taken then?

Yes. These last two are mostly oddball Easter egg levels. They've already been taken. 

22 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I can give up map 30 if @Paf want's it.  I keep on delaying the work on map 30 due to piling up work, so if they want it, it can be theirs.

2 hours ago, Astronomical said:

I can give up map 30 if @Paf want's it.  I keep on delaying the work on map 30 due to piling up work, so if they want it, it can be theirs.

I mean, if you want to keep it, you can keep it. But if you don't wanna keep it, I can take it. Thanks!

Edited by Paf

2 hours ago, Paf said:

I mean, if you want to keep it, you can keep it. But if you don't wanna keep it, I can take it. Thanks!

The lifeblood of cp's like CT come from the large variaty of mappers, it's yours as long as you promise to make it interesting. 

Have done some more work on my map, have worked on it on and off. I estimate it's completion is about a month or two away. It is not intended to be the greatest map in the world and it certainly won't be the hardest map. I have used a lot of the custom textures from the texture wad. Standalone release cannot be ruled out but that depends on the progress of this CP but hopefully all is going well with this CP.

1 hour ago, pcorf said:

Have done some more work on my map, have worked on it on and off. I estimate it's completion is about a month or two away. It is not intended to be the greatest map in the world and it certainly won't be the hardest map. I have used a lot of the custom textures from the texture wad. Standalone release cannot be ruled out but that depends on the progress of this CP but hopefully all is going well with this CP.

Glad to hear it Pcorf - all is going well. Due to some business in my life, it's entered a bit of a "depressed production", to quote Gabe Newell. No worries, I still plan for the wad to be released this summer. Thanks for the update and the concern.

6 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

@pcorf that seriously looks sweet. I love all the deep blues. Looking forward to playing!

Despite the modified Wolfenstein textures there will be no SS's in the map. But I think the textures look nice. Very underrated.

@Dusty_Rhodes, is my map fine (slot 13, IIRC, "A friend in need")? I still need to balance it for other difficulties (other than UV). might do it this weekend.

4 hours ago, Pechudin said:

@Dusty_Rhodes, is my map fine (slot 13, IIRC, "A friend in need")? I still need to balance it for other difficulties (other than UV). might do it this weekend.

Yes it's very solid. Feel free to make changes, but I enjoy it currently. 

Hey guys, hope you're all good - sorry to say I'm going to have to relinquish my claim of the MAP21 slot, just got too much going on right now to comfortably make it. Still planning on finishing up a text screen MIDI for this when I can, though! Good luck, everybody!

33 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Hey guys, hope you're all good - sorry to say I'm going to have to relinquish my claim of the MAP21 slot, just got too much going on right now to comfortably make it. Still planning on finishing up a text screen MIDI for this when I can, though! Good luck, everybody!

I'll take it. I know this project is long term but fun going at the same time. I'll work on it later after ADO is complete.

MAP09 nearly complete, monsters in (over 400) and some nice Easter eggs (it is Easter weekend now), just need to do the balance testing. Quite a large map for my standards. Will probably need at least a week of balance testing and taking down notes before submitting it. It is Limit removing/Boom/Prboom compatible but I will balance test it complevel 2 in Prboom-plus before submitting.

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

Ah, sorry to hear that Cammy. I totally get it. Either way, I love the music you've composed and I hope to work with you in the future!

1 hour ago, pcorf said:

I'll take it. I know this project is long term but fun going at the same time. I'll work on it later after ADO is complete.

MAP09 nearly complete, monsters in (over 400) and some nice Easter eggs (it is Easter weekend now), just need to do the balance testing. Quite a large map for my standards. Will probably need at least a week of balance testing and taking down notes before submitting it. It is Limit removing/Boom/Prboom compatible but I will balance test it complevel 2 in Prboom-plus before submitting.

Thanks Pcorf. I'm excited to see what you come up with. 

Also as a basic update, I myself am getting back to working on my levels for the wad. I hope to be done with my submissions soon. I'm rather excited to finally get the wad compiled and read for playtesting! That said, take your time everybody. No pressure on super strict deadlines.

Great to see it’s nearly done, I’ll play test a few later..  been a few months since I did.

IT'S FINALLY DONE, after, god who knows how long! and one day before 4/20 yikes

Tested with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.5, and GZDoom v4.7.0. Tried to test with Chocolate Doom, but I kept getting an error with frame 68.

Music used is silentzora's remix of System Control from TNT.

Referenced Hell Revealed's The Dumpster and Knockout.

MAP14 (Excessive Impulse).zip (fixed version below)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220422_122619.png.f2af130ec509a9bb0d5952b1d41d8907.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220422_122639.png.18637a6925aeac67fbf4f48fd457f01b.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220422_122730.png.78056e027e3e4c5cf44a1b29de3568da.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220501_170337.png.3d0a4cf92a850970ffc622bd4298ddb6.png

Edited by Vladguy : Screenshots

6 minutes ago, Vladguy said:

IT'S FINALLY DONE, after, god who knows how long! and one day before 4/20 yikes

Tested with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.5, and GZDoom v4.7.0. Tried to test with Chocolate Doom, but I kept getting an error with frame 68.

Music used is silentzora's remix of System Control from TNT.

Referenced Hell Revealed's The Dumpster and Knockout.

MAP14 (Excessive Impulse).zip

Will post screenshots later, I want y'all to experience this by yourselves :)

Great! I'm excited to check it out. I'll be posting a more up to date build of the wad soon.

Surprise!, I've submitted both of my maps which are both included in the zip file.

So yep MAP09: Night Terrors of Prehistory is done after over a month of working on it on and off. I have also included MAP21: Unrelenting Fear as well which was originally intended for another community project (isolation) in the past that was never uploaded to idgames. It underwent some retexturing using the Community Trunk resource wad. Both maps are limit removing/boom compatible.

MAP09: NIGHT TERRORS OF PREHISTORY

This is a huge, dark jungle prehistoric map with 435 
monsters on UV. You battle your way through the jungle
dodging fireballs, rockets and more. Then you enter a
strange starbase where you must finish off the job. A
challenging map which requires platforming and 
monster infighting helped by a Cyberdemon. The 10 secrets 
also come very useful.

Music used: The Doom World is Flat by decino

trunk9b.png.9cf2967d0d0c3e7fb1695ba1b3f5fd73.png

trunk9a.png.8f658475f0f0869533089e4c0ea3e099.png

MAP21: UNRELENTING FEAR

You must battle you way through a forgotten warehouse.

Music used: You Ain't The Boss O' Me by Jimmy

trunk21A.png.81e29e3d26d87ff02fdfa53cf0bdb2e3.png

trunk21b.png.71a8b7156a3af83c9e3ac39171ddfc54.png

Both maps, text files and resource wad are included in the .zip.

I am pretty satisfied with both maps and have no plans to make any changes. Project leader is welcome to make adjustments if nessecary. Now time to finish off Doom Odyssey 2.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by pcorf

Small update from my side: My map is 60% done. Still aiming for that june-ish (self-set) deadline!

4 hours ago, Vladguy said:

Just noticed I placed two yellow keys while taking screenshots.

Quick update to fix that issue!

MAP14 (Excessive Impulse).zip

I thought that was actually on purpose, like how Hell Revealed 2 has both the yellow keycard and yellow skull. Great level by the way, I really enjoyed the punchy action. I'd love to see someone UVMAX it because I sure had to load a few saves.