Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

[CP] DIY - Get imaginative with bold colors and MBF21 [WIP - Compiling]

anyone know how to make a commander keen door work?

I have a door tagged 666 but it doesnt open when I kill all the commander keens

door sector floor and ceiling is 30 but it should be able to raise from 30 to 256

EDIT

nevermind, it seems several sectors with the same tag next to each other gave problems

Edited by CBM

Few rooms are designed. Thinking that there won't always be daylight, so i utilized a nightsky (aka ALLBLKF)

Spoiler

doom04.png

my wad... c sector

pics

csector4.png
csector3.png
csector2.png
csector1.png

Edited by CBM : pics

9 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Bing chilling (+300000 social credit on UV).

I hope the wall ice cream is edible.

Can anyone give this a spin and tell me if I'm doing this right? frist map ever.

The Emperors of Ice Cream

MIDI: 'Voglio vederti danzare' - Franco Battiato

Notes: can be exited in as little as 8 secs, or you can stay for the s**tshow of pink-skinned kids

screaming for ice cream. UV is very trolly. 

37 minutes ago, Thelokk said:

Can anyone give this a spin and tell me if I'm doing this right? frist map ever.

The Emperors of Ice Cream

Notes: can be exited in as little as 8 secs, or you can stay for the s**tshow of pink-skinned kids

screaming for ice cream. UV is very trolly. 

- First of all, map can't be maxed. Not a good point.

- Secondly, there are too many powerups lying here. Btw i can speedrun map by 15 seconds taking invisibility and then a key. Not sure invuln even needed.

- Thirdly, nothing gets in the way of circlestrafing to win, it's quite boring.

But overall design is good looking. Wait, on uv there is no weapons (?) or am i missing something

3 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

- First of all, map can't be maxed. Not a good point.

- Secondly, there are too many powerups lying here. Btw i can speedrun map by 15 seconds taking invisibility and then a key. Not sure invuln even needed.

- Thirdly, nothing gets in the way of circlestrafing to win, it's quite boring.

But overall design is good looking. Wait, on uv there is no weapons (?) or am i missing something

Great feedback, thanks!

By the powers to the goddess of vacation, bugs permitting here comes the (time unfortunately dictates) final version of my map for the project:

The Emperors of Ice Cream v2

Playtime: from a few seconds to 5 mins or so for UV-maxing I guess?

Difficulty settings: UV implemented

Complevel: mbf21

Tested. GZDoom, too nab for other ports

Made adjustments to make the arena a bit more punishing, and colorful. Definitely UV-maxable with some infighting and a bit of Tysoning. Player still has the option of chickening out or staying for maxing. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220107_223331.png.9eea0447140794c225eb75470e240d86.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220107_223339.png.184b64f672106369af19c8b5b3b3afe2.png

Edited by Thelokk

Map Name: Ant
Author: 7Soul
Build time: 5h
Play time: 5:00
Difficulty settings: Yes
Coop: Some
Deathmatch: No
IWAD: doom2.wad
Format: "Boom: Doom 2"
Complevel: mbf21
Tested With: GZDoom 4.5, DSDA Doom

Midi: "Carrotus" from Jazz Jackrabbit 2 by MaliceX

Download: diyCP_7soul_mbf21_v2.zip

Hopefully no bugs slipped through

Screenshot:

Spoiler

doom00.png.6b7c11cf44af04a9819ac1405d1fdd37.png

Edited by 7Soul : Fixed some stuff

I have updated the OP to include v1.2 of the resources. 1.2 only has one change, a sky has been added (heads up @SynDoom). Let me know what you guys think, it's pretty basic but I think it gets the job done. I'll update the OP now with all the new mappers (woo!). I'm quite busy so it will be later when I can come back and reply/comment properly but I wanted to get the sky update out ASAP.

Edit: @Skeaze go for it m8! This is a great project for mappers that are starting out :) Any questions just chuck them in this thread or in the Editing Questions subforum.

@ryiron You can absolutely put your name down to map. Check my comment to Skeaze in this post too :)

Edit 2: We've now got over 32 mappers signed up, megawad here we come ;)

Edited by xvertigox

Been keeping an eye on this thread and reading through it the past few days. Kind of excited to see what you guys do with this. Really looking forward to when it gets released

Definitely not going for any sort of real place, just going all in on the abstract look

Up Above (edit area) at 2022.01.07 18-31-14.036 [R3274].jpg

55 minutes ago, SynDoom said:

Definitely not going for any sort of real place, just going all in on the abstract look

Up Above (edit area) at 2022.01.07 18-31-14.036 [R3274].jpg

Nice try dude but that's my bathroom

Here is my submission. "Beneath God's World" And by god I mean doomgod. :)

An extremely difficult slaughtermap, perhaps suits Map32 slot I guess.

HMP is recommended.

god.zip

(Edit: Some small fixes)

Edited by Nefelibeta

One small note about resourcepack, but i think, that this is not lethal:

image.png.905efe5b3d62e0b5640d8495c298e4f0.png

By the way, it is good to see only 18 entries in [FLATS], but kinda distracting to see entire 459 entries in [TEXTURE1]...

It is possible to cut out all default textures from that lump?
Or, at least, replace all default textures with something like small missing texture for marking them as "do not touch them and even not look at them"...

Edited by RastaManGames

I think they could be deleted without issue but they would cause major errors on the rest of the IWAD maps, though that wouldn't matter much if the case. I may be incorrect about that however.

I mean, people needs to have "doom2.wad" or "freedoom2.wad" as IWAD in a way to play custom PWADs, so...
Maybe it's not necessary at all to have duplicates of all default Doom 2 textures in resource WAD.

The texture definitions file won't merge with Doom 2's, it will overwrite it completely. So you can't use IWAD textures if you define your own.

I've started testing the maps and man, they look so good in software mode in Woof. My recording HDD is being a shitter atm so no videos, unfortunately. I'll edit this post as I play a few maps tonight.

@lunchlunch - Fantastic map, the first fight works perfectly. Reusing that same space and watching the back and white fill up with colorful corpses looked so good. I really don't have many notes, the balancing seems spot on for me but that may have been a lucky run on my end, I'll try it again later and see. I think there is enough health, armor and ammo now.  That last AV rush is really fun, it seemed a lot scarier before I realized I had 90 rockets.

@dmdr - Nice opening, first fight isn't too hectic if you get half-decent infighting going. The vanilla switch textures need to be changed and it needs a non-iwad midi. I really enjoyed the main fight with the cybers, it was a total clusterfuck and enough of the aggro was directed at other demons that it was fun just strolling around and watching them kill each other. Despite the lack of a backpack I found the fight to be pretty safe, the times I died were when I was trying to clean up the the two cybers at the very end. I think something may have broken (or I'm missing something) because I flipped all of the switches and I still can't progress. Let me know what I'm missing. This is a solid map, chaotic and crazy but not too grim, I like it. (fuck the exit sign)

@RastaManGames I'll have a look at the texture definitions tomorrow, normally I just black out all the iwad textures in the TEXTURE lump but they're still there. Just type ALL or DRK when looking for textures and you'll get the pertinent ones popping up.

Edited by xvertigox

added a new room

pics

csector5.png

EDIT

some polish

pics

csector6.png

Edited by CBM

Started out something... I feel, that this is gonna take some time, but i definitely want to finish it before deadline.

Edited by RastaManGames

7 hours ago, xvertigox said:

I'll have a look at the texture definitions tomorrow, normally I just black out all the iwad textures in the TEXTURE lump but they're still there. Just type ALL or DRK when looking for textures and you'll get the pertinent ones popping up.

There are 4 duplicate sprite entries present in v1.0 through v1.2 of the resource pack. Deleting one copy of MISLB0, MISLC0, MISLD0, and CELPA0 lumps will fix it.

To save time searching for custom textures in the pack, you can create your own texture sets such as Base, Rock, Doors, etc. under your game configurations.

Planning to help run playtests on current submissions soon.

15 minutes ago, Spendoragon said:

To save time searching for custom textures in the pack, you can create your own texture sets such as Base, Rock, Doors, etc. under your game configurations.

Something like that?

Spoiler

image.png.e7edbf67ba7ec2a2c5f7268838a6f1fa.png

I started messing around a bit with these textures, but I just couldn't come up with a good way of using them and I was starting to lose motivation. But then I had a different idea. Maybe 16 colors is just too many.

Spoiler

XNUVsHz.png

Only just started, but I should be able to get somewhere with this. Feels nice just fiddling with geometry and not having to worry about aligning textures.

I started doodling a bit, smells like a slaughter map. No promises on making the deadline

Spoiler

qash-wip.jpg

1 hour ago, SCF said:

I started messing around a bit with these textures, but I just couldn't come up with a good way of using them and I was starting to lose motivation. But then I had a different idea. Maybe 16 colors is just too many.

Hide contents

XNUVsHz.png

Only just started, but I should be able to get somewhere with this. Feels nice just fiddling with geometry and not having to worry about aligning textures.

that geometry is beautifull

Cheers @xvertigox! FYI there was a switch in the orange sky area that opens the bars. It was fairly obvious you had to switchhunt a bit in the first version before I added the four switches down below, but now it's just obscure so it's gone.

Here's an almost final version: stupid_slaughter-220109-1017.zip

BETTER:

+Progression no longer obtuse

+Has a secret now (one)

+Updated to v1.2 (fucking gross ugh give me my EXITSIN aka the 'greatest patch ever made by man or beast' back you utter bedwetter)

+MIDI by Mark Klem (from MM1, via Jimmy's Jukebox v9)

+Got rid of all the IWAD textures in visible areas, I think

+Concessions made wrt texture legibility for invuln enjoyers

TODO:

-Difficulty settings

-Switches are kinda hard to press (too lazy to fix right now, most likely not an issue for mouse users anyway)

-Finish my stupid sector art rants (very nonessential)

-I'm sure I've introduced some bugs somehow

BONUS!

The stray pixels on the pinky were annoying me so I removed them. Use my 'new' sprites if you like. Or not. If you cared about my feelings you'd give me my precious EXITSIN back :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

(I should really restore the yellow lines on his legs to the attack sequence but they weren't there in the originals either so deal w. it)