Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun map! I love a 1HP challenge. Easier than expected, but the second attempt gave me a lot more trouble. Damn Lost Souls...

Also, you are a troll for multiple reasons, especially the secrets!

@Pistoolkip thank you so much for playing! Congrats on getting the first video I was happy to watch it

I also experienced unexpected extra difficulty upon replaying. Somehow the Archie is harder to get in the trap on additional runs that bastard haha. 

I always get amused at the feathers and chicken noises when you get dead too. A wonderful vid for fried chicken Friday!!

Great job buddy 👌

Ha, clever. UV-Maxed it in 11:12, with I think one death. Although most of the last few minutes was just finding the secrets.

9 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Ha, clever. UV-Maxed it in 11:12, with I think one death. Although most of the last few minutes was just finding the secrets.

Which secret was your favourite?

Just UV-maxed without using the computer map for the secrets (let me feel proud)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20220218_142636.png.0d02d45577634e511980ec0bdf875ef0.png

You don't even know how much I hate you for that mancubus! Everything was perfectly fine, I was sniping that blobby bastard with my pistol safely, when it started shooting through that tiny slim fessure aaaaand dead... HOW????

Anyhow, it was damn fun and a lot easier than I expected, which is a huge amount of points in your favor :D

2 minutes ago, Kan3 said:

Just UV-maxed without using the computer map for the secrets (let me feel proud)

Hide contents

Screenshot_Doom_20220218_142636.png.0d02d45577634e511980ec0bdf875ef0.png

You don't even know how much I hate you for that mancubus! Everything was perfectly fine, I was sniping that blobby bastard with my pistol safely, when it started shooting through that tiny slim fessure aaaaand dead... HOW????

Anyhow, it was damn fun and a lot easier than I expected, which is a huge amount of points in your favor :D

If it makes you feel better that fat bastard got me to during testing the same way 😂

It was fun experimenting with the 1% concept and I didn't want to make it too overwhelming so I'm glad you enjoyed the gameplay

Kudos on finding the super valuable secrets as well!

3 minutes ago, sectrslayr said:

Hehe, nice. Played it with Freedoom resources, became a zombie and still got killed on PrBoom+... Braiiiins...

Nice! Thanks buddy. I became a zombie a few times on crispy and then eventually got murdered but found I could still press switches and stuff 

I wonder if it's possible to actually exit the map in the zombie state?

4 minutes ago, Clippy said:

I guess Decino would know... ;-)

Easier then I then I thought it would be, which I was kinda grateful for. I really liked the odd lookin get pieces, and thought it was funny waving the medkits in front of the player.

@EndHack Easier than thought seems to be the consensus here - I didn't want to make the premise too annoying but hopefully interesting. The medkits are out of reach and having pizza with their families - yum!

@Dragonfly little maps are always accessible so I hoped to keep this short and sweet - glad it worked!

@azerty you are on fire with your video production - thanks so much! The buttons by the chaingunners and shotgunners were meant to be pressed to explode them but you took the harder route by dispatching hitscanners with low health - kudos - bold - Doritos bold - also lowering the secret in the dark room with floaty red things and looking for connected lifts was interesting I wish I had something there for you. great vid thanks!

26 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Clippy how do you keep hammering out these awesome maps? Keep up the good work buddy.

Winter is long and cold in Canada

8 hours ago, Clippy said:

Yup:

@Andromeda well holy Hannah Montana that was cool!!! 

When I played on crispy I could only take a few more hits after becoming a zombie but it seemed like you took a lot of damage and still stayed undead and not super extra dead

Definitely some weird mechanics in this scenario

@Biodegradable hey buddy thanks for playing!

Like me you like to provide first time reactions which I find fascinating, but I know all about technical issues so it's all good. Nice run - I usually like to kill everything with the invuln but you can also do it the way you did too, it's a tricky game as monsters can block you on the runway but you navigated that super fast and super easy and didn't waste any time - nice video man thanks again!

Ack, finally managed a speedrun. Was aiming for under 2:00, and hoping for at least 1:45. Ended up with 1:27, but with a few mistakes. I'm fried, so I'll pass this on to better players. Failures are added after the run. 

Fun, challenging (if played with no saves) and experimental, really cool experience.

I found 7/9 secrets so I ended with 5 hp and 1 armor bonus.

Also liked how you included again some Clippy memorabilia, almost like easter eggs,

there was pizza behind bars and some of those nipples that @Biodegradable loved so much

in your Crater map. Good times as usual.

7 hours ago, Dannarchy said:

Ack, finally managed a speedrun. Was aiming for under 2:00, and hoping for at least 1:45. Ended up with 1:27, but with a few mistakes. I'm fried, so I'll pass this on to better players. Failures are added after the run. 

this seems like a map that could be done in 1 minute

17 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Another terrific one-of-a-kind Clippy classic. ;^)

first time i hear you swear. That out of the way... everybody in the vids so far been to fast with button smashing, ending up not pushing a button :D Game too slow. 

@Dannarchy your video was absolutely amazing. That successful run was triumphant and mind boggling how many things just had to go right. There is skill involved but there's a lot of luck because monsters have to be in the exact right place for a multitude of scenarios. I'd be very curious to how long the raw edit was. Safe to say you spent way more time with this map than I have and I have tested it thoroughly. I didn't realize how thrilling would be attempt a speed run here it's interesting to strategize. Your cut of all the deaths too was also pretty fascinating unexpectedly. You're 68th attempt at the end was heartbreaking man!! And I absolutely love your little tally chart of the results. This is a well executed video that I very much approve of thank you man. Also isn't it fun when after spending so much time on a wellcrafted speed run somebody else shows up and talks about how it could be done faster? 

@Soulless I'm always happy to hear you appear in my threads. Glad you liked my little experiment here. Yes I have been nostalgic lately and caring over some momentos from previous maps I can't help myself. PS very impressed you found seven of nine secrets when there were only six

@DarkIceCyclone show us your speed run bro. And if you haven't heard Biodegradable swear before then you have NOT watched many of his videos. Especially the ones where he plays my maps 😂 - look up his video of playing my cantankerous Crater of cataclysmic calamity. I heard he saved up enough in his swear jar to buy a bunch of McFlurries.

58 minutes ago, Clippy said:

very impressed you found seven of nine secrets when there were only six

hahaha sorry dunno how my fingers screwed that, missed 2 secrets, so had to be 4/6.

@Clippy first i need to pass it without speedrunning, then hopefully get under 3 minutes xd. not that much of anything, but I do suspect zeromaster would be able to get it somewhere around 1:19 if he gets around to your map.

As for not seen many of his videos, yhea I have not. Still a noob here :D

Speed runs are meant to be beaten. I missed the eyeball switch and lost a second returning for that. Also took a second pass at igniting the barrels.

The imp/pinkie blockage is the main problem. Probably could try to weasel my way through and get past the red door, but with almost 70 tries, I had to be conservative on this part. Same goes for the ledge. Only made it there 4 times, so while I've been able to zoom along, I just didn't want to blow it again. 

Hit another block when trying to get back in, which I didn't encounter on the nearly completed run. Grabbing the red key from betweeb the AVs legs, was certainly a time saver, and the chain gun room appears to be the better option based on day #2's runs when I opted for that route. I'd also be interested to see if blowing up the barrels before the AV gets there and then running off, will prove useful. I figured he'd be fast enough to make life hard when dealing with the imps later.

I think total run time was about 30-40 minutes. I know day 1 was 20+ as I showed you earlier. Second pass wasn't as long though. 

@Soulless - lol all good - you confused me for a second - as you know the secrets aren't really helpful anyway :P

@DarkIceCyclone - all in good fun buddy - any record can be broken any time but the journey is always fascinating - hope to see you around more welcome!

@Dubbag great video thank you so much - so much to say hope I remember it all. Firstly thanks for playing of course - loved your first time reactions along the way. It's totally fine to say you don't like a map, different strokes for different folks, I prefer honesty so when you DO like a map I know it's well earned. I keep trying to make unique things or try different things to constantly switch things up so I don't expect someone to like all maps. As for my production lately it's a combo of lockdowns, long winters & low work. I can never focus on more than one map at a time so yes, each one is worked on with full focus before I move on to the next. I am glad you liked the curvy hallway scenery - it was fun to construct - it's another carry over from CCOCC. The sky holes are because, well yes the room is set to 0 brightness and the nips are 255 brightness but this makes the ceiling look awkwardly bright when the rest is black -  figured sky holes is a better look. The buttons that blow up the chaingunners/shotgunners crush barrels behind fake walls - feel free to look into the editor for any of my maps to see how I did stuff. That mancubus got you through the circular doors - you weren't the first - I'm a bastard. Thanks again for the video buddy!

@Dannarchy speedruns are crazy - I rarely do them cause as patient as I try to be, I don't have the patience for that and the stress of having everything go right - kudos for your persistence and strategy development! I never considered speedrunning AT ALL during construction so it's interesting to see the hurdles to overcome along the way. Also keeping the Archie alive seems like the most impossible feat of all. Can't thank you enough for all the time you spend with my map - getting a lot of interesting surprise thoughts about it