Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

13 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Be very observant of your surroundings, and pay close attention to the journal that comes with the pk3. If in a bind, trying to input the classic cheats will display hints.

11 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Honestly, I went into my second playthrough with the same thought... "there's gotta be something to those sinks and mirrors" and you'd be surprised how far that gets you.

If you get stuck, you could try some common Doom cheats.  Most of them give hints instead.

Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to try the mirror or sinks next time. :)

I also really should read the story, I feel like it'll help a lot.

Spoiler

I feel like the whole QR Code shpiel is nothing more than an analogy of Veddge's life basically dying the same day that his friend did as well. It's not an actual obtiuary. In fact, the whole WAD itself is basically an entire analogy to Loss and it's five stages.

Spoiler

And if you reference that one meme i'm going to fucking kill you.

A few references to Blood, House of Leaves specially, and a few things about The Backrooms here and there, one of which is mandatory for Endings 2 & 3. Besides that, MyHouse.wad is an impressive work of art throught, and it shows.

Loss is a powerful thing, specially when it happens to someone or something that's close to you.

I wouldn't doubt a cent that Veddge's friend (Tom) is ACTUALLY dead, because the whole meaning of MyHouse.wad would just be completely lost at that point.

Edited by SuperPIter_DoomWorldthe2nd : Oops

13 minutes ago, SuperPIter_DoomWorldthe2nd said:
  Hide contents

I feel like the whole QR Code shpiel is nothing more than an analogy of Veddge's life basically dying the same day that his friend did as well. It's not an actual obtiuary. In fact, the whole WAD itself is basically an entire analogy to Loss and it's five stages.

Hide contents

And if you reference that one meme i'm going to fucking kill you.

A few references to Blood, House of Leaves specially, and a few things about The Backrooms here and there, one of which is mandatory for Endings 2 & 3. Besides that, MyHouse.wad is an impressive work of art throught, and it shows.

Loss is a powerful thing, specially when it happens to someone or something that's close to you.

I wouldn't doubt a cent that Veddge's friend (Steve) is ACTUALLY dead, because the whole meaning of MyHouse.wad would just be completely lost at that point.

Agreed. Though might I ask what one meme?

Spoiler

| |l 

|| |_

Might you mean this one fucking meme ;)

1 hour ago, WhateverComic07 said:

Agreed. Though might I ask what one meme?

Hide contents

| |l 

|| |_

Might you mean this one fucking meme ;)

It wasn't meant to be.

dude... why its no one noticing that Steve Nelson it's not the creator of the map, in theory this 2 guys passed away

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNdWb4JkdaZn2M5B8MhFLrapsYFYvLOv/view Steve Nelson

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hj7MQ3fKzJiruLY3UmZS6azPtTHjYbUf Thomas Allord

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/My_House "It was designed by Steve Nelson (Veddge)"

I'm crazy? or there's something i don't have read?

9 minutes ago, Aattrix said:

dude... why its no one noticing that Steve Nelson it's not the creator of the map, in theory this 2 guys passed away

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNdWb4JkdaZn2M5B8MhFLrapsYFYvLOv/view Steve Nelson

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hj7MQ3fKzJiruLY3UmZS6azPtTHjYbUf Thomas Allord

Oh, we know. That's something we figured out pretty quickly in this thread after the QR code was discovered. I don't blame you for thinking we didn't notice that, since this thread is 57 pages long, and must be very daunting for new members to approach. 

26 minutes ago, Aattrix said:

The creator of the map identifies themselves as Steve Nelson aka Veddge. Now, we know that BOTH of these monikers are most likely pseudonyms. The creator of myhouse is unlikely to be the original Veddge that made the account back in 2004. But since we don't have any info about their real name or other account name they might be known under, and these are names that they choose to use, it's not our place to refute that.

That's why we use them in the Doomwiki article to identify the creator of the mod. Because the fact is, they chose those names as their names for this upload. So until they choose to reveal their "real" name, we gonna refer to them by the name(s) they provided. Everything else would just be speculation.

i keep getting this error 

Warning: ZScript version mismatch. 4.8.0 required but only 4.6.1 supported.
myhouse.pk3:zscript, line 126: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PlayerLandedMakeGruntSound

27 minutes ago, Lezmi said:

i keep getting this error 

Warning: ZScript version mismatch. 4.8.0 required but only 4.6.1 supported.
myhouse.pk3:zscript, line 126: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PlayerLandedMakeGruntSound

I can sound really obvious, but try update your GZDoom to, at least, V4.8.2.

As I know, it is latest version with handy storage of user files (like config).

Is it just me, or is there something odd about the Lounge room in particular? Completely different architectural style that doesn't echo the base house layout in the same way as most of the other environments traversed, and it just kinda unceremoniously vanishes once the pop's been gotten. The Bauhaus room also has a art style that sticks out next to the rest of the map's aesthetics, but it stays around for the remainder of the run.

@Lizardcommando Considering how GMod's Source's limits were expanded (maximum count of brushes and entities) - I bet that entire map with all routes and endings can be remade entirely with tons of custom assets (models and textures).

7 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

Oh wow, I never thought I'd see this wad being recreated in Garry's Mod.

783863722_myhouseinsteam.png.1746ed41a66d4d255e1eb511f28f3478.png

With GMod recreations comes brainrot

image.png.ab1a95d57cc56dbc400afe731256b3aa.png

I wonder if the author of MyHouse.wad could copyright strike the creator of this upload or other recreations in the future. Probably not, with the way copyright is handled when it come to games in general, and they most likely wouldn't do it even if they could. But i'm just wondering from a legal perspective, with myhouse being a mod itself, and as long the recreations are free, it probably would be a rather difficult case to argue for, even though from a common sense perspective it's straight forward.

1 hour ago, Gregor said:

I wonder if the author of MyHouse.wad could copyright strike the creator of this upload or other recreations in the future. Probably not, with the way copyright is handled when it come to games in general, and they most likely wouldn't do it even if they could. But i'm just wondering from a legal perspective, with myhouse being a mod itself, and as long the recreations are free, it probably would be a rather difficult case to argue for, even though from a common sense perspective it's straight forward.

I don't see why they'd bother. Would be kind of a dick move to go around Copyright Striking fan projects like Nintendo.

yo, can someone explain why the game lags so hard on this part? (i have a crappy computer but i was able to get the rest to run at a playable fps)

(btw this is a bit of a spoiler if you havent played yet)

Spoiler

image.png.0f65014553f1f4f88f6408cf664e1561.png

im guessing the reflections are the issue here

23 hours ago, gayzad said:

With GMod recreations comes brainrot

image.png.ab1a95d57cc56dbc400afe731256b3aa.png

"even better version" "original one it was so unpopular" The "original one" was way popular than this GMod recreation. If it was unpopular, noone would recreate it in GMod. Also I found another: "i have doom but i can't be bothered to install the mod". This is the easiest thing you can do with Doom. You download GZDoom, and just drag and drop the thing into GZDoom. And turn off texture filtering. As a beginner I learnt how to do that in seconds and a few days later even started to make maps.

Found a lot of stuff this time around! Also found out the reflecting floors kill my framerate, oh well. :P

I realize now that I'm missing the blue card and can't open the plasma gun alcove in the brutalist house, thanks to me going to the mirror Underhalls (which made me feel quite ill). Is it a big deal? I still have it in my inventory.

20 hours ago, concentratedcobalt said:

yo, can someone explain why the game lags so hard on this part? (i have a crappy computer but i was able to get the rest to run at a playable fps)

(btw this is a bit of a spoiler if you havent played yet)

Hide contents

image.png.0f65014553f1f4f88f6408cf664e1561.png

im guessing the reflections are the issue here

Spoiler

Yup, they are. I reduced my resolution and it worked better. While 320x400 is kinda lame, it will help with that area in particular.

I ended up playing this live and I gotta say, what a project. It's been hours and I'm still actively thinking about various aspects of it. It's an incredible feat of both engine features and storytelling through its structure and events. I got spooked a few really solid times, too. Phenomenal work by everyone involved. It's one of those things in gaming history that I find myself wishing I could re-experience it all over again. Incredible stuff. When I was at one of the endings, I was trying to articulate it to viewers, and really there's very few other ways to describe this as anything other than an experience. Marvelous.

6 hours ago, Xenaero said:

I ended up playing this live and I gotta say, what a project. It's been hours and I'm still actively thinking about various aspects of it. It's an incredible feat of both engine features and storytelling through its structure and events. I got spooked a few really solid times, too. Phenomenal work by everyone involved. It's one of those things in gaming history that I find myself wishing I could re-experience it all over again. Incredible stuff. When I was at one of the endings, I was trying to articulate it to viewers, and really there's very few other ways to describe this as anything other than an experience. Marvelous.

Well said. Its a real moment in gaming history. Couldn't be happier its from the Doom community too!

hey, does anyone know why any of the creepy parts of the game aren’t not working?

the game loads fine, i go into the house and kill all the monsters, but the blue orb and the windows never appear outside when i collect the blue keycard. i just collect the blue keycard and enter the next level. the game’s just functioning like a normal doom mod— and that’s obviously not what i want. help?

3 minutes ago, katsubie said:

hey, does anyone know why any of the creepy parts of the game aren’t not working?

the game loads fine, i go into the house and kill all the monsters, but the blue orb and the windows never appear outside when i collect the blue keycard. i just collect the blue keycard and enter the next level. the game’s just functioning like a normal doom mod— and that’s obviously not what i want. help?

Did you load myhouse.wad or myhouse.pk3? The PK3 is what you want.

2 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Did you load myhouse.wad or myhouse.pk3? The PK3 is what you want.

…. i’m so stupid. thank you so much oh my god idk why i didn’t think of that 😭

MyHouse finally convinced me to start reading House of Leaves after meaning to for a decade. 100 pages in and I can't help but imagine the Doom version of the house and especially

Spoiler

the Five and a Half Minute Hallway

Honestly, it's enhancing the book for me! (It's a superb book btw, I'm hooked already.)

Edited by Manny84