Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

1 hour ago, tourniquet said:

you're such a genius <3<3<3<3<3

too kind :)))

hearing the final notes just now:

it become recently little famous \ memey on internet for some reasons.. especially on youtube mashup

Ok children, gather round. We are going to start a monthly program on metal's finest. This month's module is on women in metal. We will start with someone who can be considered the godmother of female fronted death metal vocals. The Queen of Scream: The legendary Angela Gossow.

Joined Arch Enemy in 2000 after Johan Liiva was apparently kicked out of the band for not practicing enough which was a paradigm shift moving from a male fronted band to a female fronted band. I think it is fair to say that Angela  stamped her credentials on the death metal scene with her vocal style and really pioneered female death vocals as something more than a gimmick.

I believe that Doomsday Machine was Angela's best work but there were people who thought there was too much post production on her vocals and that the end product was a unreal representation of what could be achieved. In response, Arch Enemy's next album "The Rise of The Tyrant" had an essentially clean vocal production to showcase Angela's natural vocal skills. While I think this was a lesser album, it can not be denied that Angela had at this point, fully cemented her place in the death metal vocal pantheon.

So I present you with my favourite song from Doomsday Machine, live:  Nemesis

@NuMetalManiak Dance Gavin Dance's new album is out now. I think the full thing's here on Youtube, too:

My personal opinion after first listen - solid album, certainly better than their previous release, "Mothership. Doesn't quite reach the greatness of some previous albums, but after I give this album a few more chances and become familiar with it's nuances I may change that opinion.

4 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

This month's module is on women in metal.

Great choice!

I remember picking up an arch enemy album at random because it was on a 3-for-2 deal and I only had 2 albums I actually wanted. To find our those vocals were performed by a female, Angela Gossow, was mind blowing.

I'd like to jump the gun and throw Jinjer into the mix because holy fucking shit Tatiana's vocals are amazing.

Spoiler

Sorry for the double post by the way. Oopsie! :P

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

Great choice! I've like to jump the gun and throw Jinjer into the mix because holy fucking shit Tatiana's vocals are amazing.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for the double post by the way. Oopsie! :P

i will be doing a post on jinjer :P

favourite song is i speak astronomy

Speaking of women in Black/Death metal . . . Onielar is pretty badass! Vocals and guitar, and IIRC the driving force behind the band.

The Dead Hate The Living is still my favorite by them, but they get their point across here. The blood-burp alone is worth the price of admission. ;)

Edited by Steve D

Trying to find the live version i'm hearing now with a good audio quality, but i can't find any:

Doom in the Sabbath tradition, the way it was meant to be. This was recorded back in the day on a local access channel, so it's occasionally shaky. It's also playback, but Jeff Olson really does pound his kit.

17 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

So I present you with my favourite song from Doomsday Machine, live:  Nemesis

That was excellent. I really like her aggression. I'm more the hardcore punk/crossover thrash fan, and generally, I find Black/Death Metal too laid back and not aggro enough, but Angela and the band kick serious ass here.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:59 AM, Dragonfly said:

@NuMetalManiak Dance Gavin Dance's new album is out now. I think the full thing's here on Youtube, too:

My personal opinion after first listen - solid album, certainly better than their previous release, "Mothership. Doesn't quite reach the greatness of some previous albums, but after I give this album a few more chances and become familiar with it's nuances I may change that opinion.

Already listened to it, agree with the review.

Also listened to all of Smile Empty Soul's Oblivion and Tremonti's A Dying Machine and both were also excellent releases. Only thing I was disappointed with this month was the new Smashing Pumpkins track.