Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

19 hours ago, Steve D said:

That was excellent. I really like her aggression. I'm more the hardcore punk/crossover thrash fan, and generally, I find Black/Death Metal too laid back and not aggro enough, but Angela and the band kick serious ass here.

I'm been lucky enough to see them live a couple of times and Angela is 5 foot nothing of pure fury. Amazing live energy.

So Angela is no longer fronting Arch Enemy (I believe she still manages the band though) and she was replaced by Alyssa White-Gluz in 2014. Alyssa was originally a member of The Agonist which is another fine melodeath band

and are now fronted by Vicky Psarakis

32 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Hop on in, this bus will take you places

I've had the new album on repeat since it dropped yesterday, it's already my favorite 'driver record.

"First scream from the child of night,
The light of the moon enthrones the prince,
Dancing shadows rise
As the realm of Chors...
Join the great feast of dream,
Ancient forest wind...
Until dawn abysmal sleep gates await,

Tears of Chors invite... "

@YukiRaven Ahhh, the mighty Tool 

@MrGlide Sevendust are one of my all time favourite bands. I listened to Animosity and nothing else for 6 weeks nonstop when it came out. I was ... slightly obsessed. 

Today's showcase takes a slightly different turn to a now defunct band from Quebec that went by the appropriate name of Unexpect. What can be only be described as avante-garde, Unexpect utilised a full time violinist, a 9-string base, chaotic song structures with some serious metal chops to create something that should really be too messy to enjoy. But there is just enough method to the madness and some decent melodic hooks to create a sound that is truly unique and a whole lot of fun. 

While the band lists 3 vocalists, it undeniably fronted by the ecclectic Leïlindel. Possessing a Serg Tankian-esque ability to change vocal styles in the blink of an eye without affecting the quality, she is a major part of what makes Unexpect good to listen to.

Uh, enjoy?

EA shitty mobile C&C left in a nostalgic mood for the first game, so i've been listening to the OST again