Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RC5] EVITERNITY II - RC5 Released!

What a great surprise for every classical Doom player out there!

Thank you very much!

A spoiler question

Spoiler

In which episode the first non-secret pick-up of a new gun does appear?

Of course, technically it does appear in episode 01, but only inside a secret thingy...

6 minutes ago, Cammy said:

@Bri map08 was magical.

That's lovely, thank you!

2 minutes ago, antares031 said:

You're using GZDoom version 4.10.0. I suggest you to update your GZDoom to 4.11.3. If the issue still exists, try to load the wad without any external resources, such as game_widescreen_gfx.pk3, just in case.

I downloaded 4.11.3 and swear I thought I was using it, but somehow I started the game with version 4.10.0 (by dragging and dropping). No idea how I managed to do that, but it is working fine now, of course!

3 minutes ago, Azure_Horror said:

A spoiler question

Spoilered answer:

Spoiler

The only non-secret map that contains it is MAP26, but to get it you need to find all secrets within that map. Otherwise it's exclusive to secret maps.

18 minutes ago, Cammy said:

An issue I encountered in map32 (no spoilers): At linedef 5597 there's a noticeable gap in the rock wall, and I eagerly jumped down expecting a secret, only to get softlocked. Hard to be upset when the map is this fun. :)

Oh man that's embarrassing, we knew about this one and forgot to fix it! There's an even easier softlock right next to it that never even occurred to me - both fixed on my end so that'll be in the next update whenever it is, thanks for catching that!

Shadowdropping this is exactly a move that @Dragonfly would do.

And obviously, it is with merit: Plumbing out a sequel to one of the Great New Classics, destined to become a new hallmark itself yet not telling anyone is a surefire to set the bar.

The first Eviternity set that bar. No doubt this too will be a star.

Hats off to a incredibly release.

I know the first Cacoward 2024 winner.

Awesome as always in all aspects. Really love the approach to secret maps. Minor nitpick, but I would prefer to have the map numbers be in style of Doom 1, E1M1, E3M2, etc. Maybe I should modify the MAPINFO myself...

1 hour ago, MoiraHeart said:

would prefer to have the map numbers be in style of Doom 1, E1M1

I'm afraid I disagree. 😊

Congrats on the release, and boo to being such a liar over the past several years ;P

As far as MBF21 features and GZDoom, you can force them on in ZMAPINFO, with

compat_nombf21 = 0

as part of a map (and probably defaultmap) definition. This isn't on the ZDoom wiki as far as I can tell, but a peek through the source code suggested it might be possible, and I just tried with a test wad to confirm.

Oh boy

I remember the day the first Eviternity came out, I was so excited to play it after work but instead I was in the hospital all night after a work accident. I had to wait a week to play it. :(

Not this time! But I am in the middle of an Eviternity playthrough so I'm going to finish that first before diving into this.

This releasing today is literally the dream scenario I've been thinking about for weeks. Thank you to everyone involved. OTex is my favorite texture set to play with (next to BTSX) and the music choices slap.

What a wonderful present.  I am certain to "waste" many hours playing this in the coming weeks.  Yahoo!  I still play the original on a regular basis.

Congrats on the release.  This is certainly out of the blue.

Not sure if this has been noted yet but regarding the first secret level:

Spoiler

Before entering Map 31, you can avoid the death exit if you grab the invuln and then run right to the exit. At least in DSDA, I was able to start Map 31 with all my weapons.

Currently on 2nd episode, visuals are amazing. Great work :)

Currently on map08. Some notes for 07

Spoiler

Map07 backpack trap after blue door and last ambush for yellow key can be cheesed by triggering the linedef without going into their lowering platforms.

I'm loving everything I've seen so far!  One small suggestion: would it be possible to alter the BFG (sprite and projectile/tracers) so the green more closely matches the shade used for the new plasma bolts?

Awesome, I need to try this asap too!

Dragonfly, my brother and I like to play a lot of Doom wads in coop. I noticed on the release site that coop isn't implemented yet but also the topic title here says it's an RC1. So any word when it might get coop? Just curious! I'm definitely playing this single player asap though

12 hours ago, rfomin said:

We will fix zero length sounds in the next version of Woof.

A little late to add to this, but Eviternity 2 was running fine for me in 11.3.0; in fact it refused to open in 12.0.0 for some reason which is very interesting to me unless the sound effect just doesn't come up at all in the first 7 maps.

15 minutes ago, dististik said:

A little late to add to this, but Eviternity 2 was running fine for me in 11.3.0; in fact it refused to open in 12.0.0 for some reason which is very interesting to me unless the sound effect just doesn't come up at all in the first 7 maps.

In 12.0.0 we dropped SDL_Mixer and switched to OpenAL for much better sound mixing quality and 3D sound. But we missed a little check for 0-length sound lumps, so it crashes silently on startup at the sounds pre-caching stage.