Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duvel

Heretic: Treasure Chest - PLEASE FILL IN SLOTS!

Are you trying to upload the finished level? Just send it by email or rapidshare or similar; my webspace is specifically private webspace I've commodeered for this project.

Edit: Okay his E4M5 is now uploaded. There's a curious thing: I apparently have an e4m5.wad already in my HTC folder. I don't remember having an extra e4m5 so maybe someone can refresh my memory as to waht this may be.

Can't tell you. The only wads I have are the ones I downloaded from your page and there is no E4M5 present. I see the one that's up there now but I do not have one already so I don't know where it came from. Maybe it was from Torn's set? Oh and there are two E4M4s on your list and I believe they are the exact same map. One of them has more stuff on it but I think one can go.

Well Update Call has come and Gone and now we have a bunch of people who TWICE have not updated and a couple who didn't update this time. Consider their slots open. Third time means I remove their name completely.

That rogue E4M5 was just an earlier version of another map.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
I'm working on the areas to the yellow key and the area with the yellow key. Soon, it'll be about 25% done.

Hey I would be very interested to help creatin new maps. I did create a few maps in the past, I think they are not that bad, but I don't know your standards here. But If you allow me to help, I would try it (Trying is better then diong nothing ;) )

Problem is that I did not work with an external resource WAD up to now. When I needed new textures, sounds and sprites in the past, I imported them into my map-WAD-file.
When I want to play one of your maps here, what do i have to do with the resource-wad exactly?
I tried to start doombuilder, there was the setting that this map was for Doom and not for HEretic (Map Options). Why that? So just tell me what to do, and I'll help!

Glad there are still more people interested in helping :)

In answer to your questions: There is an option at the map options screen that says "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file:". Use the browse button to find and load the resource wad. For the game setup, just change it to Heretic. Apparently Doom Builder assumes you are opening a Doom map because it is in Episode format.

Ok!
But what if i want to test my map? I play with Skulltag, and there is no potion to use other texture wads, so all textures are missing! How can I order Skulltag to use this?

Once I know these last things I'm ready to help! Just say which map I shall do!

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "potion" but I'll try to explain what you need to test your map. If you are in Doom Builder, make sure that the "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file:" section has the resource wad. The resource wad found on this thread should be the only one loaded since you can't have 2 loaded at the same time. Also make sure that under Tools -> Configuration -> Testing it is set with your program of choice (in this case Skulltag). When you click the green arrow representing Test on the tool bar, Skulltag will load the map along with the resource wad.

If you want to load the map outside of Doom Builder, simply click and drag the map you want to play and the resource wad on top of Skulltag and let go. It will load it up with those wads.

Lord_Z said:

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "potion" but I'll try to explain what you need to test your map.

He was in a hurry and misspelled "option."

;-)

Ah, ok. I was not sure what that was supposed to be. :P

In that case Fenriswolf, the option is in the window that first pops up where you have to choose what game/format your map is in. It'll be under where you choose the exact level number.

Alternatively, learn to use a command prompt. It's not hard :(.

Still, yay for getting people to map.

Thank you very much!
Is there anything else important? Which level number I have to do?
Any specials should be in this lvl number?

And yes, should be "option", I was in hurry, yesterday was a lot of trouble here in my room ;)

Sorry, i guess i let holiday time get the better of me. Just to let you know, i'm still working on my maps (E2M9's going through a Revamp) and my E4M9 is almost done.

Water has burst through the walls and is flooding into the room.

Hello!
Two more questions before I begin:

- I would be very pleased if i could take a map with the grey or the red sky backdrop. Which one is free for me?

- Is it also allowed to do a map which some egyptian/oriental texturing or do you only need maps with the normal style?

It's your map, man. You choose the style.

I think E4 has the grey sky but I'm not sure. Just check the current slots.

I updated the first post but since I'm sure not everyone will see that make a note that there will be another update call from August 24 to August 30.

Fenriswolf said:

Is it just a bug or is it normal that the swamp-green waterfall in the texture Wad is not animated?

There's no graceful way to have extra animated textures at the Heretic-limit-removing compatibility level, so a while ago I deleted the ANIMDEFS lump from the texture wad. If we had left it in, some people would be tempted to cover their levels in green waterfall, which would have looked fine in ZDoom but awful in Heretic+. So, to be fair, now it looks awful everywhere.

Hello again!
After spending the last few days with mapping, I have created something like a level, but I know there will be a lot of mistakes in it. So, I would like to ask you if one of you would be interested in testing the beta-version of my level. Maybe you will ask me why i´did not simply upload it, but i have my reasons:
If I would have uploaeded it, I guess there would be soon a lot of critics, maybe to much and with too many details, and because it is my very first map, I think it would be the best if I has one test-person, who can explain me what I have to do different, first the fatal mistakes, then the details.

Anyone interested? :)

Creaphis said:

If we had left it in, some people would be tempted to cover their levels in green waterfall, which would have looked fine in ZDoom but awful in Heretic+. So, to be fair, now it looks awful everywhere.

Why not just remove the texture instead of having something implemented that doesn't even work?

I just didn't bother at the time, and I considered it distantly possible that someone could find a use for them anyway. The formerly-animated blue teleporters would certainly still be useful for this or that. But, anybody with the skill necessary to delete a few textures and upload a wad is free to do so.

Another question: Will jumping be forbidden in the final version of the WAD or not? Cause I would prefer it for my map to be forbidden...

@Dreaddropp: If you are really interested please answer to my PM! :)