Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Claustrophobia 1024 -- Fixed version released!

I've been happily unaware of the latest progress report, but I guess so have been almost everyone else, too. December was horribly busy with finals and Christmas season, although I've managed to do some polishing work on Skyscrape IV. No screens or uploads yet though. :(

I sent an updated version of Spitshine (v3) off to Mechadon a while ago. It's pretty much done.

@Jodwin: No worries man, I think everyone has been pretty busy. I'm pretty close to finishing up IGPack completely now (v1.1 is just about done) so hopefully we'll be back grinding at this :).
@Fiend: Did you email it to me? If you did, I should have it...otherwise, you may have to send it to me again. I haven't been keeping up with this stuff very well. Sorry :(

So just a note to everyone when I get back: I've got to look through what I have and what I don't have. I'll try to update the OP with all of that information and, if I can, I"ll PM/email anyone who has sent me updates to maps that I forgot to download. Also, the first checkpoint wasn't really followed through on my end, so when I get back (and I will announce this), I'll set a new checkpoint.

[EDIT]

Nevermind Fiend, I've got it ;)

While doing some thing edits on the current map with Kyka, I've been tinkering with a new map. It's just for fun, and is just being used to explore different mapping ideas.

But, since I was using the 1024 template for the map, I figured that I'd post some pics of it here. I may finish it for a future 1024 project (or the current one, or wherever I could be stuck), or just use it to try new things.

Regardless of it's eventual fate, here's some images from it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4832505.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4838870.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4854158.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4865437.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4872332.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4880709.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/dabloodbath/4888166.png

...As always KingKill, beautiful attention to detail. Looks great. A couple of those screenies actually remind me of the sort of scenery you would find in a movie like 'aliens'. Very dark and brooding, not at all a safe level to be on. :)

Uh... *slaps himself*

Are you still waiting for an update from me, Mek? I can't honestly remember if I uploaded a recently updated version of my map or not. X_X

@KingKill: Those shots look very nice. Of course your more than welcome to submit it to Claus ;)
@Jimmy: It would probably be a good idea to resend it to me. I've been gone from this project for a while and I'm sure I'm missing half of the stuff people have submitted.
@brinks: Thanks man :D

Anywho, I'm back working on this. I'll see if I can get a status report up tonight.

[EDIT]

Sweet Jesus I think I'm really behind D:

@KingKill: Could you reupload that last map you and Kyka worked on please?
@Jimmy: I just grabbed version 4 of your map...is that the latest you've got?
@alterworldruler: Could you reupload the updated version of your map?

If you guys could, please skim over the maps on the very first post and let me know what information is outdated/missing. That would help me get things rolling a whole lot easier.

I have not been working on my map at all recently but don't worry, I'm not out yet. I have been thinking it over and I think I found a couple things I could change. Hopefully I can get back on the list.

Mechadon said:

"Calypso Station" by Mik57 (v2)

My map has no difficulty. Thats how awesome it is. :D

Mik57 said:

My map has no difficulty. Thats how awesome it is. :D

lolololololololol

(Maybe you should put some monsters in it...) :P

complex is another amazing load of detail somehow crammed into 1024.
btw if you want to make those lasers scroll fast downward, this should work:
'scroll wall using sidedef offsets'
then probably make the front y texture offset be -32 or some other number (I forget though, so experiment with x/y/positive/negative/amount if desired).
(but then you can't control the texture offset)

@Lord_Z: Excellent, glad to hear it! I think I was actually supposed to PM you a long time ago about your submission but I never did. Sorry about that, I've been really busy :(
@Mik57: Heh, I didn't assign some of the maps difficulty slots unless the author specified. I would guess it's MEDIUM or so...would you agree?
@alterworldruler: It says I'm forbidden to download it :|
@KingKill: Thanks man! Actually I was talking about this one...I assume this is the map you two are still working on? Thanks for sending me Complex4k though...I think I needed it as well.

IM actually running pretty dry on how to do any of this map. If somebody else would like the secret map I will step aside. I do have plans for another map however. So I will take whats open

Alright, not a problem Mionic. This last map I'm working on could probably fill in as a secret map very well actually. Well, that is if it comes out alright :S. I'll go ahead and add you for a new map; let me know when you have a name for it.

[EDIT]

I've updated the OP a little bit, but I'm almost certain I'm still forgetting stuff.

[EDIT2]

I've updated 'Diminished Apparatus' and 'Dead in, Dead Out' from the feedback that was given to me a while back.

http://www.filesavr.com/mek-dimapparatus-3
http://www.filesavr.com/mek-deadindeadout-3

If there are anymore bugs or anything that needs to be changed, let me know. Feedback is always appreciated :)

The maps name is Downward Bound, and it is most likely going to be a Hard map, but we will see where it goes. I had started work on it when the original 1024-3 was announced. Screenshots will follow.

Yeah, It was meant to go in one of the middle slots, map 17 actually. So about medium-hard.

@Mionic: First post updated with your map name. Shots are looking pretty good so far...I'll be looking forward to it :D
@Mik57: Mkay, your map is now {MEDIUM}'d!
@alter: I don't know, I've never had a problem with speedyshare before 0_o. Anyways, thanks for uploading it yet again, I've got it now :)

KingKill, you post just as many screenshots for a single 1024 map as an edition of newstuff has. It looks great though!

Gentlemen and gentlemen, RC (release candidate) 1 of Skyscrape IV: akinomori.com/stuff/SkyscrapeIV_RC1.zip

Not much changes on detail, mostly both bigger and smaller gameplay tweaks and implemented difficulty levels, playtesting comments and demos much appreciated from those with too much time on their hands. :)

Note: The difficulty levels mostly vary in monsters, but on UV the "force field"-room doesn't have a rocket launcher. On UV the only RL is on the blue key route.

@Mek: So is Map31 free now? If it's fine I could still slap in a secret exit to this map and have it as 31.

edit: Uploaded RC2: akinomori.com/stuff/SkyscrapeIV_RC2.zip. I noticed that there were some differences in non-deaf teleporting monster behavior between different ports, so tried to fix those. Also fiddling a little with ammo, nothing major.

@KingKill: Excellent, thanks! And the screenshots are looking very slick :)
@Jodwin: Cool, grabbing it now! Oh and...actually I just claimed the MAP31 spot :(. Hrm, I'll have to move some things around. The current MAP32 could probably be moved into the normal map slots...and then this current map I'm working on would work for MAP32 while you could take MAP31. I'll get back to ya once I figure it out...hopefully soon.

[EDIT]

Hey KingKill, is the 'End of the Line' link still active? It just takes me to the File Savr upload page :/

Alright, will do. Was your map meant for the MAP32 slot? I wasn't sure if Death-Destiny put it there based on it's difficulty or if you made it specifically for MAP32. Either way, just let me know if you have a problem with me moving it. I never got to express my opinion on how the maps should have been ordered during Claus1024's first go around.