Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Claustrophobia 1024 -- Fixed version released!

Well I'm pretty much done and ready to have people test this. All I'm lacking is an update to Nil (so the spawners work correctly) and a couple map updates from dutch devil. If you want to make an update for your map before I release the first test build, try and send it in to me in the next couple of days. Content wise I think I'm still waiting on new music from TGH for one of his maps (right?) and I think jimmy91 is still working on some music for two of my maps. The ENDOOM needs updating and a CREDIT graphic needs fabricating. I also found some new music for the maps that lacked them; if you don't like it, just send me a new track.

I think I've decided that testing will not be a completely public affair. It would be nice to have some sort of surprise for the people who will play this. Though in order for that to work out we're gonna need some dedicated testers. So I'm opening up testing to whomever would like to volunteer. Just give a shout in this thread and I'll sign you up. I'm also looking for someone with some decent graphic skills to make a CREDIT graphic. I've made pretty much all of the graphic replacements up to this point and I really don't want to do it :P (not to mention the one I made the first go round sucked pretty hard). Anyways, I'll go into more detail about testing once I'm ready to release something. If anyone has any questions, just ask ;)

By the way, I had to rebuild the texture resource from scratch yesterday. I was really hoping to avoid this since I had made some new patches and I didn't want to do it again. But something got corrupt in either the PNAMES or TEXTURE1 lump when I tried to import some new midtextures...whatever the case, I couldn't fix it. Thankfully I was able to get it fixed and working before I went mad :). Grab version 8 below:

http://www.filesavr.com/1024txv08

Nothing extreme was really changed. I removed all of the unused esseltextures that were used in Nil aaaand...there might be a few new patches. That's about it. The main reason I made this update was because I had to get it working before I merged it together with the main wad. However I would definitely recommend using this latest version over the latter versions since I removed some of those essel-specific textures.

That's it! Again, if you would like to volunteer for testing (and/or to make a CREDIT graphic) just let me know.

A late testing note: My maps are all tested in both ZDoom 2.2.0 and prBoom, so they should function properly. Of course that doesn't mean they shouldn't be tested again since there might be some small things I had missed, but at least it should be fine to just test them in whatever port you like.

I could test it. Then my name being in the credtis will make sense.

As long as everything is Boom compatible I'll be happy. Something tells me that the majority of people will end up playing this in ZDoom (but maybe not!) so I think the two main priorities will be to test in Boom-compatible ports (PRBoom, etc) and then ZDoom. I'll be testing in Eternity and maybe some other Boom-compatible ports. If anyone else wants to suggest or try some other port besides the ones I've been talking about then go right ahead :D

Thanks for stepping up to help test you two! I've signed both of you up. What I've done in the past for private testing is password the .zip that will contain the test build. Then I just distribute the password to the testers via PM once I have the build online. If there aren't any objections to that idea then we'll go ahead with that.

WinMBF might be a good port to test in; it supports sky transfers and is otherwise probably the closest thing to Boom itself that you can run natively in Windows.

I'd like to test. :D

(Further inspiration for the music I'm working on is a secondary priority to making sure the maps are completely bug-free, of course. :P)

@essel: Oh awesome, that should be very helpful :]

Jimbo, I've signed you up for testing. I've got dutch's map update and I've fixed the problem in Nil. So I guess I'll wait a couple more days to see if anyone else would like to volunteer their time for testing. I could sure use the break anyways :P

Heya mech. I would like to volunteer my (rather humble) services as a tester.

Also, my details are as follows:

Name: Steve 'Kyka' Muller

Email sjdevh at yahoo.com

Other maps released: errr.... ummm. Nuttin... at least not yet.

Maps:

"Bitter Sanctuary." I wanted to make a map which was set in a sanctuary overlooking a city overrun by demons. But when you get there, your place of refuge is ovverun also. Hence, the title of the map.

"Proceed with Caution." It occurred to me that to make a 1024 map which consisted of one room from start to finish would be a cool idea. After countless attempts, I finally hammered out something that actually worked, and I think is pretty interesting to play.

I think you said somewhere that you had music for these?

Also, I don't know whether "Proceed with Caution" made the final version, seeing as it was going to be one of the 'super secret' maps, but the blurb is there now if you need it.

The other maps I did with KingKill, he has been good enough to fill in the little stories for each map, and they are better than I would have done with 'em. Stewboy's map I only made a few changes and Solarn's map is in overflow, so I think that's everything.

Thanks Mech.

This one is for 'Padma,' which Dread is working on since my comp died. :(

Name: Justin "KingKill33" Murphy
Email: dJ_MoBo@yahoo.com
Other files you've released: Stagnant Depot, End of the Line, Complex4K (w/Kyka), The Process (w/Kyka), Power Station (w/Dreadopp), Into Hell
Map name: Padma (w/Dreadopp)
Short Description:
Padma: Dropped into a frozen nightmare, you must fight your way out of this blue hell.

Name: Przemek "Alter" Zimny
Email: ZimnyPr@gmail.com
Other files you've released: Xenus, Xenus 2: New nightmare, Xenus Revisited, Dark caliber.
Later to be released: Xenus 3: Apocalypse, Dark Caliber II, Zero invasion
-Map name: Twilight of the demons
-Short Description:
You were sent to investigate an UAC dam, however the time when you were sent was wrong, instead during the day, you were sent there during a twilight

-Map Name: The Dark Dawn
-Short Description: After escaping the UAC dam, you accidentally entered some old barracks from World War III. It seems demons are there too

-Map Name: Dismalady (With Bionic Donut errr Mionic Donut)
-Short Description: After escaping the old barracks, you entered some old pump station, it's time to get rid of them again

Errrm, Mech. Where did all the textures and flats go from v6.1 to the newest version? Most of them seem to be just not there.

Sorry if I have just missed something or managed to screw something up, but thought I would ask anyway. Jst in case.

Hey Mech, IRod54 here, I heard that you have some really cool fonts that I could be able use in my megawad project. Can I check them out?

Kyka said:

Where did all the textures and flats go from v6.1 to the newest version? Most of them seem to be just not there.

I think most of those textures went unused. The textures that got deleted also messed up Padma a bit, but I managed to replace the missing textures with something else. Just to save Mech some trouble. :)

... I mean it's only bad coz we are pimping levels for the add on project, and now we are much more limited in terms of texture selection...

Sorry Mech, not trying to sound like I'm complaining, truth is, I don't really know how much work goes into putting a texture pack together.

But it would be good to have some of those others.

@Kyka: Sure, I'll sign you up for testing! As for the texture resource...the only textures I removed were from esselfortium's set (used in Nil). I wanted to do this before I released version 7 of the texture resource but doing so would have meant I would have to rebuild some of the new patches in the TEXTURE1 lump (see: lazy). I've tested version 8 of the resource with the final set of maps and everything is working correctly...hopefully I didn't unintentionally remove something or screw something up. If version 8 has missing textures with an existing map, try out version 7.1. The link to it should be a page back or so. Long story short the essel textures were meant to be for Nil only and I didn't mean for them to be released as part of the public version of the texture resource :S

@KingKill33: Ah, thanks for that!
@alter: Thank you too :]

@IRod54: Drop me a PM about what your looking for and maybe I can help you out.

Thanks guys! Both of you have been signed up. That's 7 people so far. I think 10 dedicated people testing should be plenty, so let's say three more slots are open :]

Mik57 said:

Mik57 want test. Yes.

Thank you! You hath been signed up. Also, so I don't have to PM you, could you quickly fill out your information? I thought you already did but according to the OP you haven't. I would appreciate it ;)

Name: Mike "Mik57" Ewer
Email: Mik5757@yahoo.com
Other files you've released: Sigmata Beta v.0.6 , 4 maps for GVH, 3 maps for ZDWars, 1 map for Virus
Later to be released: Sigmata Skulltag ver., Sigmata ZDoom Ver., 3 more maps for ZDWars
-Map name: Oil Rig
-Short Description:
Recently constructed to help against the demon horde, it came under attack just 2 days after it was completed. Humanity needs this base, and you must clear it out.

-Map name: Calypso Station
-Short Description:
Another outpost the humans constructed to help against the demonic invasion. Its sole purpose is a military cargo port, and it's supplies were a helpful asset to the EDF. Recapture it for the humans.

I would like to test. The only thing is (somewhat embarassing), I cant get 1024TX.WAD to work with PrBoom or GlBoom and these are the latest versions (2.5.0)

I have as a command line

C:\PRBOOM\glboom.exe -iwad doom2 -file 1024tx

or

C:\PRBOOM\PRboom.exe -iwad doom2 -file 1024tx

and that works for Congestion 1024.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks Mik57 :]

Ok guys, here is the first build of the Claus1024:

http://www.filesavr.com/1024clau-b1

I'll be PMing all of the testers the password to unzip the file. I would appreciate it if you do not redistribute the password :]. Contained in the .zip is the main build and the dehacked patch.

The maps need to be Boom compatible first and foremost. The ports that this should be tested in are PRBoom[+] and WinMBF (a note regarding WinMBF - stair building is bugged, it's not the map's fault). We also want it working correctly in ZDoom and related ports as a secondary concern. However you are free to test it in any Boom compatible port you wish as long as we can ensure that the base Boom compatibility is intact.

If you find a bug just report it in this thread. Provide as much information as you can. Post a picture of the bug if needed. Also check to make sure all of the maps adhere to the guidelines that were made in this thread's original post. Basically...

- The play area should be contained within the 1024 area. If it's possible for the player to get outside of this area by some means, be sure to let us know.
- The map should be beatable from pistol start.
- The map should be setup for all difficulties.
- The map must have COOP starts.
- The map must be Boom compatible.

Also if you happen to see any mispelling or errors within the MAPINFO/EMAPINFO/DeHacked, let me know about that too. That should be it. We have 7 testers right now. If you would still like to help out with testing, I'll be allowing 3 more people to volunteer. Just let me know!

slayerzoid, the 1024TX.wad is the texture resource for the mappers, not the actual main wad itself :P. Your more than welcome to help test though! I'll sign you up (if you have any problems getting it to run, PM me).

If any of your are having troubles extracting the files from the .zip, let me know. essel ran into a problem but after he updated his copy of 7-zip it extracted just fine.

Alrighty so I'm nearly half-way done with testing

Map01: No bugs, I like this map, though when the stair case built I was a bit confused on where they were located at first
Map02: No bugs
Map03: No bugs
Map04: Now to me, this map felted VERY constricted, the Hell Knights kept killing me due to the inability to move around. Other than that, no bugs
Map05: No bugs
Map06: No bugs
Map07: No bugs
Map08: This map is short, sweet, and it looks good too. I like this one. No bugs
Map09: No bugs
Map10: No bugs
Map11: Wow, this one is by FAR my favorite map in this entire pack. No bugs
Map12: My second favorite. No bugs
Map13: No bugs
Map14: No bugs