What do you smoke?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What do you smoke?

• Tobacco
    • Other
    • All of the above
    • Nothing

Csonicgo said:

Smoking is just sucking the corporate penis of Phillip-Morris.

Except the brand I smoke are produced by R.J. Reynolds.

I don't smoke. When I was a kid (10 years old or somethin') my friend used to steal his dad's cigarettes and then proceeded to talk me into trying it. Eventually I caved in and didn't get what the hell the point was. He got in trouble because his dad noticed his cigs were mysteriously disappearing. I remember clearly the phone ringing and my Mom answering and then after I was grilled about smoking with this other kid. He got in trouble and told them I was in on it too and I remember having to do a lot of explaining. I thought I was in some serious trouble there but I didn't get any punishment or anything. One day they all moved away and I never heard from / about them again. He probably still smokes while that one cigarette that I tried made me want to never do it again. Thank fuck I didn't like smoking!

I smoke cigs every once and a while, even though I shouldn't. And i've tried pot a couple of times in high school.

Anyone here try dip? that shits fucking nasty.

JohnnyRancid said:

Anyone here try dip? that shits fucking nasty.

eulgh... Tried it and puked. The shit's terrible, ruins your teeth faster than cigarettes or any amount of sugar can, and makes you a HIT WITH THE LADIES*.

*Not really

Not new at all, but yeah, chewing tobacco. Shit is nasty. This guy I used to work with chewed, it was so completely unappealing.

chewing tobacco, not really but i have, but it was only because i had 1 more pound to lose for weigh-ins for wrestling one day and i was too tired to run.

Danarchy said:

Is that like the new name for chaw or something?

dip, chaw, snuff, baccy, not-jerky, you know.

I made the last one up.

I smoke irregularly, I'm not addicted, I could give up now if I felt so inclined, I would smoke more if I could afford it. It makes me feel good, it relaxes me. Have to admit though that pot is much better than cigarettes, too bad its real hard to get hold of where I live. Pot just chills me out, I can relax and just get on with pretty much any task that I need to do (as a graphic design student) and often come up with something far more original and creative than I would have come up with otherwise. Also when coupled with doombuilder it can make some pretty awesome maps.

Pot smoke has about 4 times the toxic chemicals than cigarettes. You also can be under the influence, and ANY influence is enough to hinder your abilities, legal hinderance, or not.

Georgef551 said:

Pot smoke has about 4 times the toxic chemicals than cigarettes. You also can be under the influence, and ANY influence is enough to hinder your abilities, legal hinderance, or not.

Research, please. With sources. I've heard this claim before and it is highly dubious.

EDIT: Regarding toxicity, I mean.

Georgef551 said:

I pretty much dislike anything even remotely linked to drugs and whatnot, but come on man what the hell is this even supposed to mean? Where did you pick this one up? Four times what chemicals? What do they do? Are they even the same chemicals, or four times the toxicity? Do they have linear body absorption, so that the 4x figure is relevant?

That's the kind of bogus statistics that plague the media in just about any mildly debatable topic.

my ability to drive while baked is limited. I think its a dumb idea to drive and do any kind of drug.

Georgef551 said:

So I take it you get all your drug information from D.A.R.E. then?

Georgef551 said:

Pot smoke has about 4 times the toxic chemicals than cigarettes.

Lets see some research. Are you referring to the report mentioned in this article? If that's the case, there are ways cannabis users can minimise the risk.
Cigarettes contain a broader spectrum of toxins and carcinogens than cannabis, most of which are added to promote even burning and try to make the product less offensive to bystanders.

GreyGhost said:

Lets see some research. Are you referring to the report mentioned in this article? If that's the case, there are ways cannabis users can minimise the risk.
Cigarettes contain a broader spectrum of toxins and carcinogens than cannabis, most of which are added to promote even burning and try to make the product less offensive to bystanders.

It's also worth mentioning that
a) There is not an established link between lung cancer and marijuana and...
b) It assumes the user smokes as much pot as tobacco by volume, which is more rarely the case than pot opponents are willing to admit.

Lich said:

It's also worth mentioning that
a) There is not an established link between lung cancer and marijuana and...

Yes, there is, because all partially burnt organic matter is carcinogenic. You will still get lung cancer from smoking it, just like you will get lung cancer from inhaling any other type of smoke. Capische?

Last time I read, THC was apparently an anti-tobacco in that it did the exact opposite to the body (actually protected against cancers) than the legal stuff.

But I could be wrong.

Fake edit: Lich's post says something about that I think.

Was a big foggy, it's been a long time since I've seen the data, so can I back it up? Probably not. I forget the name of the organization, but I believe it was from several. Oh, well.

Either way, smoking = bad, to you, and other around you.

I've smoked cigarettes for far too long. They said it was supposed to make you cool but now I'm stuck with bad teeth and a hole in my wallet.