Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

@DOEL Likely that VVL or Mad Butcher has the Cyber Center file, but the map itself can be found in MAP31 of Asian Impact, albeit with some slight modifications.

Hey guys, there's a mod/wad I'm looking for that I used to have on hand a couple years back but can't for the life of me remember the name.

It implimented player, weapon, visual, and enemy changes, and could for the most part be added on top of most other wads that were just new levels.

The most noticable thing was that it limited the visual palette to black, white, and red.

Gameplay wise, I think the player character had vampire themed weapons and abilities, with a melee attack that could gib enemies and restore health, or a projectile that bounced around with lifesteal, but could hit the player.

A duke nukem style shotgun that could be infused with blood/mana for extra damage.

Something that I remember was you could posess enemies.

Some pinkies were also insanely fast, imps also had some random variation, like a big black tanky imp.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated, I'm usually pretty good with search engine keywords but I'm finding this one is proving particularly difficult.

EDIT:

Remembered that it had necromancy which after googling a bit landed me on it. 'Satanic Redux'
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30206

Edited by slimeyena : Found it!

Forgot the name of the wad but it was essentially a wad where you go through Doom 2 backwards, after defeating the icon of sin.

I feel like its name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember...

EDIT: Found it! It was "The Long Trek Back Home"

Edited by AdNauseam

I've been looking for one wad in particular for years and it's name is just forgotten to me. I think it started with an 'n' or 'Necro-' but I've had no luck.

What I remember of it clearly is that the cacodemons and hell knights/barons were recolored to black and green and their projectiles were green too. And the starting splash screen had this catchy techno tune. I think the architecture was mostly tech with mostly light greys. I think that's all I can remember though.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:48 PM, Catpho said:

@DOEL Likely that VVL or Mad Butcher has the Cyber Center file, but the map itself can be found in MAP31 of Asian Impact, albeit with some slight modifications.

Thanks you so much, I gave it a play and it's a ton of fun. I wonder if it's complevel 2 or 9 though. I tried it with 2 and it seemed to work fine

Edited by DOEL

On 4/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, Briggsy said:

I've been looking for one wad in particular for years and it's name is just forgotten to me. I think it started with an 'n' or 'Necro-' but I've had no luck.

What I remember of it clearly is that the cacodemons and hell knights/barons were recolored to black and green and their projectiles were green too. And the starting splash screen had this catchy techno tune. I think the architecture was mostly tech with mostly light greys. I think that's all I can remember though.

You are likely talking about the Necromantic Thirst demo?

4 hours ago, Catpho said:

You are likely talking about the Necromantic Thirst demo?

That was enough for a google search and, sure enough, that is exactly it! Or at least whatever version floated around in 2008 hahaha; poking around the French forum that has a section for it that seems fairly active I saw the sprites and the title splash. Makes me feel kinda nostalgic...and a little older than I actually am.

Thank you Catpho!

Well, I created an account recently because I want to find a WAD that I really liked, for some reason I lost it and I never found it again because I don't know its name;

It's a gameplay WAD full of new resources, enemies, weapons, etc, one of the features that I remember most about the mod was the fact that the enemies dropped in not only ammunition, but they dropped money too, from fake coins to ingots of various metals like silver and gold, you could find some bots where you could buy weapons and other items and you could even buy any type of item from some NPCs that appeared on the map, another gameplay feature is the fact that the player could level up, increasing the size of the health and armor bar, from times I've been looking for this WAD but so far, nothing, just I was left to ask about in case anyone knows which WAD it was;

I'll be grateful if someone answers me with what I'm looking for (and if they don't find what I'm looking for but present me with something similar, I'm also grateful)

EDIT:

I assume that the WAD should have "Lootbox" in the name (It's not Doom Loot Box addon), all because in it you could find some of them in different colors, each one giving a different type of item, you could also find chests and just as the boxes, in addition to giving items, could end up revealing themselves as monsters.

Edited by JasonM4 : Wanted to add more information

A recent post of mine reminded me that @MyNameIs is a very interesting mapper. Can anyone assist me with a list of things this mapper has released? Paging any Russian doom community members (@Chainie @Nockson).

53 minutes ago, Catpho said:

A recent post of mine reminded me that @MyNameIs is a very interesting mapper. Can anyone assist me with a list of things this mapper has released? Paging any Russian doom community members (@Chainie @Nockson).

Hi! I'm not that familiar with their work, but fast googling got me this:

Autopsy

There's also their Stalker-like map in the Freakmapping #9. Check out the DoomWiki article, there should be a link to the project thread.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:29 PM, Nockson said:

Hi! I'm not that familiar with their work, but fast googling got me this:

Autopsy

There's also their Stalker-like map in the Freakmapping #9. Check out the DoomWiki article, there should be a link to the project thread.

I recall playing a Stalker-like map/s that felt like it was trying to recreate the game in Doom but I can only remember that everything was in Russian including the main menu.

EDIT: That was Ghoul Dungeon 2

Edited by Briggsy

On 4/25/2023 at 4:59 AM, Catpho said:

it's really not that much. besides that freakmapping event map and a couple of speedmapping maps there's just toward the hell and autopsy. both are pretty meh
oh, also there are pizza quests, but they're full of local memes, so i doubt there's much value for people not in the loop.

i'm cooking a total conversion mod right now, but the progress is pretty slow

Edited by MyNameIs

Hi everyone!

I am looking for this wad: NEWIWAD.ZIP by Kris Bendeich & Peter Williamson. It is listed on this site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130606143312/http://rsolesrus.doomwadstation.com/downloads_page2.html.

According to the description it replaces Doom Episodes 1 to 3 

Unfortunately Wayback Machine did't preserve the file.

I hope someone has it!

Thanks a lot in advance!

An old crappy PWAD called "The_Ultimate_Sizzler" which was bundled with a unofficial Doom95 repackaging of Chex Quest 1 called Chex95 which appears to had disappeared to time.

By Ludi.  I swear, people should always include the name of the map or wad, it would cut down on the need to post here significantly.

image.png

I am looking for a wad that I played online around 2000-2010, all I remember is the map where, at the time I used skulltag, would lag the server and was usually skipped by server admins.
Details what I remember are as follow:

-I'm sure it was in the map slots 20-29
-It was like a mountain siege with a lot of demons, you started on the bottom of a cave and worked you way up, eventually the road was collapsed and you needed to go right into a cave which revealed more demons after crossing a linedef and going back on the path after where it collapsed.
-After this area you glance at a chasm on the right side into a lava pool, you follow the mountain path towards the left.
-Then you eventually ended up with a door on the left needing a key, can't remember the color, and a path to the right leading to islands/small areas with demons on it, with a megasphere and the key. At the moment you picked the key, hordes of revenants spawned on the path you came from.

-After the door I can't remember what else follow as it has been too many years

memory.png

Edited by Kai45

5 hours ago, Kai45 said:

I am looking for a wad that I played online around 2000-2010, all I remember is the map where, at the time I used skulltag, would lag the server and was usually skipped by server admins.
Details what I remember are as follow:

-I'm sure it was in the map slots 20-29
-It was like a mountain siege with a lot of demons, you started on the bottom of a cave and worked you way up, eventually the road was collapsed and you needed to go right into a cave which revealed more demons after crossing a linedef and going back on the path after where it collapsed.
-After this area you glance at a chasm on the right side into a lava pool, you follow the mountain path towards the left.
-Then you eventually ended up with a door on the left needing a key, can't remember the color, and a path to the right leading to islands/small areas with demons on it, with a megasphere and the key. At the moment you picked the key, hordes of revenants spawned on the path you came from.

-After the door I can't remember what else follow as it has been too many years

Fairly sure it's Hell Revealed II's MAP29.

....that actually looks about right with what I remember, and makes sense cause back then with skulltag map32 of HR2 would crash the server due to the high enemy count

Thanks!

Last year someone dropped a big Doom 2 map, using mainly stock textures. All I remember was that you started in a large-ish hangar with double doors in front of you. To open those doors, you had to flick a switch. I even commented on the thread when the map dropped and now I can't remember for the life of me what it is.

51 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Last year someone dropped a big Doom 2 map, using mainly stock textures. All I remember was that you started in a large-ish hangar with double doors in front of you. To open those doors, you had to flick a switch. I even commented on the thread when the map dropped and now I can't remember for the life of me what it is.

Maybe this?

3 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Maybe this?

Literally wtf inception moment right there

I swear another thread was created for this very map just like today - I was wondering if that's what reminded me of the level lmao

It'd might be lost, but I first heard about this in a more recent "Acai" video. One of his chat members mentioned something about a "Guitar Hero" mod for DOOM. But upon more research, I found a "Frets on Fire Fanforum" from 13 years ago that had a thread with dead download link.

Does anyone know and or have said mod?