Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

There's a DM wad from I think 2003 called Classix.wad that seems to have become much harder to find. It was mentioned in newstuff way back, with a link to idgames that is now dead (no luck just searching the archive either). I tried searching for it on the web but Google makes it harder by just finding me everything related to "classic" instead... The few hits have also lead to dead links. Does anyone know if it's still hosted somewhere, and if not can a kind soul upload it?

2 hours ago, brick said:

There's a DM wad from I think 2003 called Classix.wad that seems to have become much harder to find. It was mentioned in newstuff way back, with a link to idgames that is now dead (no luck just searching the archive either). I tried searching for it on the web but Google makes it harder by just finding me everything related to "classic" instead... The few hits have also lead to dead links. Does anyone know if it's still hosted somewhere, and if not can a kind soul upload it?

https://doomshack.org/uploads/classix.zip

2 hours ago, brick said:

Mad Butcher's got you covered, but FYI Google won't try to second-guess your spelling if you put the search term in quotes. I also found the WAD on The Sentinel's Playground.

Posted (edited)

Thank you both! I didn't think of the quotes for this particular use, and I forgot about Doomshack, I'll keep both in mind for next time.

Posted (edited)

Okay this may be a little bit of a stretch for this thread, but I'm looking for a specific mod or maybe just flat-out standalone game for (G)ZDoom I think that had a redneck horror theme and a cartoony artstyle.

I remembered that it was cancelled so the demo version that was released is the only version out there as far as I know.

10 minutes ago, Gibbitudinous said:

Okay this may be a little bit of a stretch for this thread, but I'm looking for a specific mod or maybe just flat-out standalone game for (G)ZDoom I think that had a redneck horror theme and a cartoony artstyle.

I remembered that it was cancelled so the demo version that was released is the only version out there as far as I know.

Backwoods?

Posted (edited)

[Edit : solved by Mad Butcher, thanks]

Hello,

I'm looking for the Steele Computer Lab ( STEELECO.zip ),its author no longer has it in his possession !
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zoti

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: REQUEST CLOSED

Greetings, most likely a long shot but no harm in trying I'd imagine.

I'm looking for two @Phml maps from years ago, the tricky part is that the author himself doesn't seem to have those anymore, too, so local pwad collectors would be my only hope.

⛧ The first one is from this post, I mean the exact version of the wad with map02 inside since it's the one I'm looking for.

edit: acquired [link], monsieur @Ribbiks had a copy which he kindly shared (much obliged, good sir!)

⛧ The second one is trickier, I wasn't even able to find any relevant posts. It was a birthday map for danne from 2013 or so, I believe it was called BeigeMonument or something similar (the word "beige" was there in any case), a slaughtermap with an obvious predominant (and essentially the only) color.

It's logical to assume that danne might still have it but sadly I wasn't able to reach him, the man is hard to track these days (if you're somehow reading this @dannebubinga - I need you, don't leave me here all alone!)

edit: got it [link], different filename but it's still that map. Again, huge thanks to Ribbiks who managed to obtain it somehow, somewhere. The guy's a real thaumaturge, I'm telling you. And that's why we all love him so much, right?

Indeed, this might be a good opportunity for me to rethink my backup policy. Thanks!

Edited by Demonologist : request closed

Looking for a Deathmatch wad that might also have been CTF friendly. The levels had a cyber punk-ish aesthetic and had mostly chip-tunes and retro-style music as level themes.

I have recreated what I can remember of one of the tracks and uploaded it to my SoundCloud. Hopefully it helps.

I vaguely remember the map it played on, too. It was two symmetrical, mirrored bases with a grassy courtyard in the center and a starry sky above, I think. The doorways into each base were on opposing sides, too, and I remember the exteriors of the bases being mainly light gray (possibly one of the GRAY textures or SHAWN2). I remember there being windows, but I don't remember whether or not they were open or with translucent textures.

PS: Now that I think more about it, the sky in the courtyard might have been cloudy as I now seem to remember there might have been a rain effect.

I'm trying to find a recent version of tnt overdrive.  There's a 2021 edition on idgames, there's a 2024 edition on here... but both links are to a wad with 1000 empty markers, no levels or anything.  The author appears to have lost it after putting a lot of effort into a full megawad.  There were 2023 releases, but the links all go to the "broken" wad.  The working one must have been deleted and updated with the faulty one in the same google drive folder.

8 hours ago, invictius said:

I'm trying to find a recent version of tnt overdrive.  There's a 2021 edition on idgames, there's a 2024 edition on here... but both links are to a wad with 1000 empty markers, no levels or anything.  The author appears to have lost it after putting a lot of effort into a full megawad.  There were 2023 releases, but the links all go to the "broken" wad.  The working one must have been deleted and updated with the faulty one in the same google drive folder.

Do you mean TNT Overcharged? I was able to download it fine from the New York mirror of idgames.
https://youfailit.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/tnto.zip

it does look like the google drive links on this post are corrupted.

If that doesn't work for you maybe your downloads are not completing and the file is being corrupted?

If you actually mean TNT Overdrive please link to a broken file because I can't find anything about a wad with that name.

edit: I think I misunderstood what you meant by "both links are to a wad with 1000 empty markers," you probably meant both links in that thread. It does look like the files are corrupted instead of intentionally sabotaged, and the author hasn't been on DW since Sunday, so maybe they will see the posts soon and update it.

Edited by plums

13 hours ago, invictius said:

I have the version from this post.

TNTO.zip

16 hours ago, plums said:

If you actually mean TNT Overdrive please link to a broken file because I can't find anything about a wad with that name.

I keep getting the two confused, it probably doesn't surprise you that I also pm'd the wrong author asking for a copy, too.

10 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

I have the version from this post.

TNTO.zip

Thanks!  You're a lifesaver. 🛟

Is there a Doom 2 version of e4m7 floating around (allegedly it would be titled Chiron.wad)? Trying to play through some of the better early wads and Dr. Sleep is obviously a big guy in the scene

Not sure if this counts or anything but I would like to know if there are any mods that port the Doom 64 maps to Doom 1 specifically Doom 1 not Doom 2

Hi, 

I'm looking for the demo map guts against glory ( GAG.zip ).
I contacted this author who no longer his the map, maybe someone has it!

Thx in advance.

[Edit : solved by Mad Butcher, thanks]

Edited by Zoti

Not exactly a WAD, but if anyone has the Rex Blade (aka. Domination) ripped resources from this place, I'd be happy.

Excuse my dumb question, it turns out Snarboo already reuploaded that on Google Drive, which can be accessed on the original thread starter.

Edited by taufan99