More demos.

Capellan's Charnel (skill 2 FDA)
Capellan's Sins (skill 2 FDA)
Dobugabumaru's Hunter (skill 1 FDA)
Dutch Devil (skill 1 FDA)
Scifista42's Penbene (skill 2)
Obsidian's Corrode (skill 1 FDA)

zip of the wads

Yay for Penbene (the map, not the drug. The drug may be fine; I don't know).

Although Charnel totally kicked my ass I am intrigued to make further attempts on it.

Dutch Devil's slaughter map I hated because it was slaughter then I seemed to get lucky and started loving it. -40 from a Hell Knight on skill 1 seemed very harsh though...Will come back to this one too.

The demo for Hunter says it all.

I think since there are so many maps being made for this, skill levels are kind of unnecessary. We could just bundle several megawads together of different difficulties.

Updated suggestions, with map numbers, even.

Linked maps have been chedcked for # of lines, and presence of difficulty settings, co-op starts & DM starts.

(level listing moved to OP)

A lot of the ordering is just based on "that guy's got two levels in the episode, let's keep them apart a bit" and other extremely scientific things like that :)

Episodes were assigned based on what seemed the most fitting sky (if f_sky was used), or on general texture selection (if no sky).

Since every map is designed for pistol start, I haven't worried too much about things like difficulty progression.

Capellan said:

A lot of the ordering is just based on "that guy's got two levels in the episode, let's keep them apart a bit" and other extremely scientific things like that :)

Episodes were assigned based on what seemed the most fitting sky (if f_sky was used), or on general texture selection (if no sky).

Since every map is designed for pistol start, I haven't worried too much about things like difficulty progression.

I figured that when I saw Corrode as MAP22. :P I'll probably find something else for that slot, I was never that keen on it considering the other maps I've made since.

Thinking about it, might I request my second version of Nüsse over the third? That one's a bit fairer, I think.

Jayextee said:

Thinking about it, might I request my second version of Nüsse over the third? That one's a bit fairer, I think.

Link in OP updated. All links in the OP should be to the latest versions (including of my wads - e.g an update to make my 4th map into map15)

I still need to go through all the maps to double-check they're 100 lines or less and whether they have difficulty settings, co-op and DM starts.

Capellan said:

I still need to go through all the maps to double-check they're 100 lines or less and whether they have difficulty settings, co-op and DM starts.

Though you're welcome to verify, according to the Doom Builder 'statistics' plugin all but my second map have 100 lines (my second has 99 lines, also 99 things) - and I *always* put difficulty settings (tested), co-op starts (untested) and deathmatch starts (untested) in there, plus multiplayer-only items.

I like to generally do this for my own maps anyway, I like to offer as 'complete' an experience as I can (even though my last release, Sinister Intention wasn't completed in this manner).

Ordering seems pretty random... who cares anyway.

Capellan said:

DM starts.

My maps don't have them, never cared about that. Feel free to add them if you like.

If my 2nd map is going to be map31 (100todD2M1), maybe you could give linedef 95 and 96 the secret exit action (and leave the romero head for normal exit)?

Looking forward to playing through all the maps!

Since mine would be so far into the set, do you suppose I should try making it harder? I had trouble getting through myself, but I'm not fantastic at Doom like many others are.

TimeOfDeath said:

If my 2nd map is going to be map31 (100todD2M1), maybe you could give linedef 95 and 96 the secret exit action (and leave the romero head for normal exit)?

I'll take a look tonight. Don't see why not, though.

Membrain said:

Since mine would be so far into the set, do you suppose I should try making it harder? I had trouble getting through myself, but I'm not fantastic at Doom like many others are.

I'm fine with the difficulty being up and down, since the wad's not meant for continuous play. Or we can move your level if you'd prefer it earlier in the episode or in another episode.

The list is subject to change is author's express a preference for a particular episode. I'll try to accommodate all requests, though it may not always be possible.

Can my maps be swap places? My 2nd is far easier than my first attempt, and even though difficulty is going to be up and down I'd still prefer my first map to be in E3.

Also none of them have DM starts so I'll implement those and upload them sometime later.

Have flipped dobu's maps around in the map listing (earlier post has been updated).

As far as DM starts go, I really just want to ensure the game doesn't crash if someone tries to play the wad that way. Ditto for co-op.

Obsidian said:

I figured that when I saw Corrode as MAP22. :P I'll probably find something else for that slot, I was never that keen on it considering the other maps I've made since.

Belated response - would Scet's 3rd map (link in OP) work? I haven't had a chance to look at that yet, but he said it was non-slaughter.

If my map is going to be the first one, the BFG should be probably replaced with something else, like soulsphere.

The mapset looks great so far!

I really need to take a stab at this. Given this topic's popularity, apparently it's a more amusing limitation than I'd have assumed.

Fuck.

An embarrassing and glaring error to my original second submission ('Root of Evil') saw that the red key door was actually openable with the blue key. I have, of course, fixed it.

Scypek2 said:

If my map is going to be the first one, the BFG should be probably replaced with something else, like soulsphere.

The levels aren't intended for continuous play, and the text file will say that, so I'm not sure it is necessary.

Jayextee said:

An embarrassing and glaring error to my original second submission ('Root of Evil') saw that the red key door was actually openable with the blue key. I have, of course, fixed it.

OP updated.

I checked out Scet's 3rd map and it will do fine for map22 of the Trad wad, so I have replaced Corrode with it in the level listing post.

I've also checked the first 20 levels in the Trad wad to confirm:

1. that they have 100 or fewer lines
2. whether difficulties are enabled
3. whether co-op starts exist
4. whether DM starts exist

And have made a note of any cases where any of 1-4 are not true.

Just dropping by to say that I'm happy with the assignment of wad and mapslot. The map lacks co-op and DM starts, and needs difficulties. I'll get to this myself as soon as I can - my laptop is in the repair shop right now, so I can't get onto DOOM Builder atm, but I'll attend to it when I get the machine back, which will hopefully be soon.

Someone can do the difficulties / dm starts for my map. As long as I get my original placement for UV, then someone else can take the liberty of doing it for me.

I've now been through all 64 maps and done checks on them. Level listing post has been updated.

Walter's 3rd map has 101 lines. I think the easiest fix might be to cut off the torch corners with diagonal lines?

I guess we will give people a week or so to add their own difficulties if they aren't there (say until the end of July 14th?), and then start putting them in where they are missing. Any complaints about this?

Capellan said:

32 Jayextee's lucky 7th (has difficulties, but I wasn't able to finish it on HMP)

Oh? I'm assuming this is the second version (and not the third - I think the 2nd was more balanced personally). Should I tone down HMP even further?

looks like that in this project i had the bad habit of break the linedefs limit, isn't? Anyway i'll see to fix those bugs...

However, i think the last level i made are too short for dm, isn't?