1. When you score the outside secret, sector 311, you can run NW, across the space to sector 312 and end up behind the cliffs up against the skybox, stuck in the NW corner. There's nothing to prevent you from running off the back of the cliffs.
General Rainbow Bacon said:
1. What are all the issues with my map (29)?
2. If you jump off the back of the cliffs and run to the SW corner, there are some missing lower textures back there; lines 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786.
3. I already mentioned line 1582, linedef tag 20, incorrectly being WR instead of W1. This stops you from ever getting to the final Yellow Key door and the exit. I suppose you could leave it as WR if you created another way to get around that linedef. That would be nasty.
4. There's an Imp, thing 307, in sector 12, standing too close to the edge of the cliff. He doesn't move.
5. This isn't very likely, but: on the way to get the secret BFG there's a room with AVs in it (up to three), sector 201. You could get AV-jumped through the window into its/their room. The windows aren't blocked. If you kill the AV, there's no way out of the room.
6. The angled hallway west of sector tagged 17; there are four torches in the hallway. One is in the wall and two are in the middle of the hallway. It looks like the vertices for the hallway were moved at some point, but the torches were not.
7. There are four Archnos in a off-map closet near the start. The closet is not joined to their teleport location, even though both have sector tag 18, so they never hear to activate.
7a. Even if the Arachnos activated, the other closet sector, tagged 30, looks like it's supposed to lower so they can teleport out to the map starting spot. Linedef tag 30 is missing, so it never lowers. I thought it might be better to change the lowering floor to an opening door and tag it to linedef tag 5, the switch which releases the Cyber and the Cacos, so the Arachnos are waiting for you when you head back.
7b. Even if the Arachnos teleported in to the starting spot, I think they'd all be stuck there because of the Brown Stubs and Trees blocking the way out. Also by thing 143, the Brown Stub at the far end of the curved starting area, near the stimpack.
Also, the music for the level has a long silence at the end before it loops. Odd.
Edit: Not an issue, just curious. In the Spiderboss room, the skybox, the lava sector, and the teleport out of the lava, all have sector tag 4, but there is no linedef tag 4. A missed clean-up? Or was something supposed to happen to the lava?
Edit2: Never mind 7b. I just start Interception with -nomonsters and summoned four Arachnotrons at the start spot. All four managed to eventually make their way down to the central area.
And MAP19 was just making sure the Red and Blue Key doors aren't touching each other so they can open. I just split the front door sector, untagged the new middle sector, changed its height, moved some vertices and re-aligned the doortrack textures.
Last edited by EffinghamHuffnagel on Mar 5 2015 at 19:16