Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Jimp Argon said:

Does anyone know if someone has created a "Facing Worlds" map from Unreal Tournament for doom? I'm rather curious.

Pic of map in case anyone doesn't know what the map looks like.
http://imgur.com/a/F5X6d

Here's one, the map named TAT22: tartaru5.wad

I can't remember the name of the wad that made Doom's liquid textures into Hexen/Heretic terrain, splooshing and all. Anyone remember the name and or the link?

Voros said:

Honestly I don't know why you would want that. It looks like absolute trash.

But I found these.

This one is not by the author you posted above. But it has SCP in the name and the link still works.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46633

And I found some other misc SPC files probably from the author you posted above. But I haven't tested to see. You can find those files here
http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wads/

Just search SCP

Impie said:

I can't remember the name of the wad that made Doom's liquid textures into Hexen/Heretic terrain, splooshing and all. Anyone remember the name and or the link?

This one?

I don't know if you guys can help, but I'm looking for a boom map that had 4 square columns in it numbered 1 to 4. This map had a linedef that required the pass thru flag but was omitted.

scifista42 said:

EDIT: The one I'm thinking of used the visual splash effect as well. This one might work if I can get it to stop glitching out the rain spawner, but I'm still hoping to find the other one. I feel like it had a basic name like liquids.wad or splash.wad, and used to be on idgames.

I keep thinking the one I'm looking for was Udino Liquids, but that's a waterfall texture set.

Impie said:

EDIT: The one I'm thinking of used the visual splash effect as well.

This one actually uses visual splash effects, according to the TERRAIN definitions within the wad. The problem might be that their sprites used to exist within ZDoom's base resource wad at the time this wad was made, but the sprites don't exist in zdoom.pk3 anymore in newer versions of ZDoom.

Does anyone have any decent HUDS for skulltag? I do not have any and I am tired of using the base doom hud. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

scifista42 said:

This one actually uses visual splash effects, according to the TERRAIN definitions within the wad. The problem might be that their sprites used to exist within ZDoom's base resource wad at the time this wad was made, but the sprites don't exist in zdoom.pk3 anymore in newer versions of ZDoom.

Oh, so I guess I just have to find them and add them to the mod.

uhbooh said:

Okay i'm looking for 2 wads

First one had 2 maps, weird custom texture that looked like honeycomb with some kind of red thing hanging on it. Lots of corridors and mazes in the first level.

Second one was a square arena filled with green marble columns, it had an exit room with crushers on the ceiling and lots of secrets.

I found the second one, it's CYBRDETH.WAD. Still looking for the fist one however.

Anyone have To Mega Therion by Demonologist from this post?

e: and actually there are enough Russian posters here that I might as well also ask: anyone have the map authors for the RDC speedmap 14.5? The list wasn't posted in the thread on iddqd and the table is long gone.

I was wondering if there was a wad that would make the player completely invisible? The only reason I ask is because I tried looking online to see if there was a console command to do this and I could not find anything. And the only reason I need this is to attempt to enjoy the Creep Wars mod....

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6033

All the monsters start shooting projectiles at me while I am in the air and it just takes away from the whole watching them kill each other aspect. If there was a way to be completely invisible that would make this a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch.

^ If you mean visually invisible, you can make that in Dehacked, afaik.

If you don't want the monsters to notice you, you can also do that with Dehacked, afaik. Or, if you have an advanced port, use the "NOTARGET" cheat code.

Maybe offtopic but does anyone remember the thread where some guy was making a new futuristic game based on Doom and he created some editor (maybe a special version of Doom Builder?) where you could create maps using existing prefabs, kinda like SnapMap? IIRC the maps were quite cramped and corridor-heavy. This was probably at least 5 years ago.

Does anyone know if there are any old school videogames based maps? Like Mario, Sonic, or Zelda? I know of Golden Souls, but I am looking for similar maps or mods.

Any help would be appreciated.