Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Somebody posted a skybox mod for both Doom and Doom 2, using the same type of sky textures used that is found in the IWADs. I think it was posted between 2016 and 2017, more likely the latter.

Well here's a long shot....

-- I think it was called "Joy to the World." At least it had an annoying but strangely compelling MIDI version of the tune as the music track

-- Probably downloaded from AOL waaaay back in the day, possibly pre-Doom II

-- dominated by SP_ROCK1 textures, spiced up with metal cages and (I think) wood/marble combos, including some huge bridges across gaping canyons

-- mysterious progression, at least to 10-year-old me. I would load it up again and again and just wander around, never finished it, wasn't totally sure that there was a way to finish it

Here's a wad I'd like to have; the SLIGE modification contest wad Sargebaldy hosted.  This was way before my All SLIGE'd Up mapset.

I'm looking for a good "remake" wad that isn't Brutal Doom or Knee-Deep in ZDoom or Beautiful Doom. (I like them, I just want to play more stuff like that.)

Doom Redux has a thread in this forum. I haven't tried it, yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Long before jumpmaze was a thing, somebody made a series of jump maps that i really enjoyed. I thought they were made by cutmanmike but I see no mention of them on his site. I remember there was a grass/forest themed one that used banjo-kazooie music, and a desert-themed one i dont remember the music from. there were others, but i don't remember anything about them at all.

On 2-5-2017 at 2:17 PM, Gez said:

There are a few places that archive shovelware. You could send them an image of the whole disk.

http://cd.textfiles.com/

https://archive.org/details/doom-cds

CD uploaded (uncompressed iso) to archive.org. Will soon be moved to doom-cds.

https://archive.org/details/TheDoomsdayDisk

On 2-5-2017 at 6:56 PM, Quasar said:

If you don't see it here, I'd at least consider it obscure:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Shovelware_cover_art

You can now see and judge for yourself

I remember several years ago playing a mod which allowed the player to use an archvile-like attack - It even came with HUD sprites of the doomguy's hands casting the flame. Does anyone know where I can find this? I'm looking everywhere but can't find it!

does anyone still have that cool Eternity map Vaporware?
apparently the site it was hosted on is dead now

A long time ago, I saw an in-game screenshot from some Doom WAD where the player had just pressed a switch labelled "SELF DESTRUCT", and there were explosions erupting a few feet away. I think the textures were silver or stone (something gray, at any rate). Sorry that I can't recall any other details, but maybe someone remembers what WAD had a working self-destruct switch.

1 hour ago, JudgeDeadd said:

A long time ago, I saw an in-game screenshot from some Doom WAD where the player had just pressed a switch labelled "SELF DESTRUCT", and there were explosions erupting a few feet away. I think the textures were silver or stone (something gray, at any rate). Sorry that I can't recall any other details, but maybe someone remembers what WAD had a working self-destruct switch.

I seem to remember that. It's possible, but I'm not certain, that it could be Strain. But this one you mentioned was around that time period.

On 9.06.2017 at 5:43 PM, JudgeDeadd said:

Requiem MAP08

There  is this old map I played a million years ago I would like to check out again. It's for Doom 2, I think the name had the word "tomorrow" in it but I can't 100% confirm this is true. It had a MIDI version of "Ordinary story" from the band "In flames" as the music track. There was a memorable area in the map where a giant horde of pinky demons come swarming out of a fortress/castle thing and over a bridge.

Would love to find this map again.

9 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

There  is this old map I played a million years ago I would like to check out again. It's for Doom 2, I think the name had the word "tomorrow" in it but I can't 100% confirm this is true. It had a MIDI version of "Ordinary story" from the band "In flames" as the music track. There was a memorable area in the map where a giant horde of pinky demons come swarming out of a fortress/castle thing and over a bridge.

Would love to find this map again.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/v-z/yestrday

Project Brutality 3.0 test version? There was an old discord link that supposedly had the mediafire link. Can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, Jimp Argon said:

Project Brutality 3.0 test version? There was an old discord link that supposedly had the mediafire link. Can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the 3.0 beta file. Don't remember where I got it. I think I got it via download link somebody posted on youtube. I could upload it if you want.

5 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I have the 3.0 beta file. Don't remember where I got it. I think I got it via download link somebody posted on youtube. I could upload it if you want.

Would you mind shooting me a PM with the link?

52 minutes ago, Jimp Argon said:

Would you mind shooting me a PM with the link?

It's a 200mb file and I can't find any site that allows me to upload files this big that don't require me to sign up for them :/

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

It's a 200mb file and I can't find any site that allows me to upload files this big that don't require me to sign up for them :/

https://www.sendspace.com/

Sendspace had a 300mb limit on uploads.

I am trying to find a .wad file but am having no luck in my searches.

http://imgur.com/GeWKQQh

The file is called "thereign.wad" and I believe it is for Heretic.

If anybody has a copy, I would appreciate it if you could upload a link.

Anyone know the name of a wad/mod where you have a base and you can buy and upgrade stuff? Think you could also build mechs. Used to see it played a lot in multiplayer a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Tiptoe said:

Anyone know the name of a wad/mod where you have a base and you can buy and upgrade stuff? Think you could also build mechs. Used to see it played a lot in multiplayer a few years ago.

That sounds like stronghold.

It might also have been Shotgun Frenzy; it was for multiplayer and had mechs. And I think there was another RTS-lite mod that used to be played a lot on the Skulltag/Zandronum servers, but I don't remember the name.

Both all out war and stronghold look a lot like it, but it was definitely an Invasion mod. It had a natural selection vibe to it so it might have been Shotgun Frenzy.

Edit: After downloading it and trying it, turned out to be Shotgun Frenzy the one i was looking for.

Edited by Tiptoe