Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

[i]Satyr000 said:
I think anyone who like Rock or Metal should at least appreciate the Blues. After all it was the Blues that gave birth to rock and roll.

Sorry dude. Worst logic ever.

I appreciate most styles of music. Blues, classical, country, techno...

Anyway, recently uploaded by Eric Calderone (who also did "Raining Doom", a Doom cover and Slayer tribute).

darkreaver said:

Sorry dude. Worst logic ever.

Really? Because last time I checked every one from Elvis to the Beatles where heavily inspired by the blues. And the pioneers of Rock N' Roll, such as Chuck Berry, laid the foundation of the genre with rhythm and blues.

Thrash metal fans should, I mean MUST listen to D.R.I.: "Thrash Zone", incredibly great album!

Blues is also great BTW.

Satyr000 said:

Really? Because last time I checked every one from Elvis to the Beatles where heavily inspired by the blues. And the pioneers of Rock N' Roll, such as Chuck Berry, laid the foundation of the genre with rhythm and blues.

I was thinking more of the "...should appreciate the blues..." part. I kind of get where you are going with it (that I don't actually have to LIKE it, but at least appreciate it), but whatever, I was just in combatative mood. Probably from seeing all the shit posted here lately.

---> :) :) :)

You can't go wrong with ZZ Top. Three amazing musicians, who came up with an original style that no one will ever be able to copy.

PRIMEVAL said:

I appreciate most styles of music. Blues, classical, country, techno...

I'll listen to almost anything and I really like to mix it up when my music player is running in shuffle... I can be listening to metal and then classical, jazz, rock, dixieland, disco or folk music. There's too many genres to name really.

Not sure if I posted this one before. I felt like hearing it again. I have the album on vinyl from years ago when I used to hang out at a used record shop and one of the guys that worked there would point out some different hard rock and metal bands. Those were some good times.