Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toke

Post a picture of yourself!

Marnetmar said:

For me, think of Cliff Burton with brown hair. Basically this without the mustache and the misfits tattoo:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/269/b/2/cliff_burton_12_september_2010_by_geum_ja1971-d2zibud.jpg

Huh, you kind of look like UltraJman, a let's player on Youtube. One of the first Let's player's I've met 6 years ago.

Wait, maybe not. Bugger :P

I haven't posted a pic in... forever.

Definitely at work and definitely not pfaffing about on facebook.

eargosedown said:

Went home today. Got to see my kitty for the first time in almost a year :D

Looks like a happy reunion :)

Douchey guitar photo:

I know, my camera isn't great. The guitar is a 7 string Ibanez, I love it. The extra string is great, I've got the 6 in standard and the 7th tuned to a low A - I can play all the riffs I know from practicing on a 6 string, then just play some chunky drop-tuned metal without having to dick around with re-tuning or whatever.

I have a 5 string bass with the same tuning, in case anyone will ever come over an jam.. I just moved from Canberra to Melbourne about 7 or 8 months ago, had to leave the band behind which was a sad day indeed! Life is better overall here, though. Anyway, end rant!

I should really go back to learning guitar. My guitar teacher had his flat robbed and they stole his custom bass (it was a headless and fretless bass with an amazing tone). Tried to teach myself but that never worked out and I doubt I would find a teacher like that again.

Shots of my Ibanez RGT6EXFX (I think it is that).

http://i.imgur.com/vMNm0Qr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VgWdqjm.jpg

Amps. Peavey 80 watt Studio Pro, Orange amp. Got the Peavey for free from Mum's friend whose uncle was in a metal band in the seventies. I thought she said it was Diamond Head but I think that is very unlikely however, if that is true then I am honoured to still have it. Also showing my acoustic bass, I gave my first acoustic guitar to my sister so it isn't there now.

http://i.imgur.com/XiKOIj8.jpg

Various. Dean guitar and some shitty bass. I also have a couple of pedals too, a Boss distortion pedal (I don't think it works with the Orange), and some other pedal.

http://i.imgur.com/aMgjcAd.jpg

Nice equipment man! When I go back to my falk's place, gotta take some photos of all my gear. I have a Hughes & Ketner stack that's freakin' amazing, and a solid state Warwick bass rig. They go nuts at live shows - So loud while retaining clarity.

What kinda stuff do you play? For me it's mostly metal, but other than a few pantera and metallica riffs, I write my own stuff. I haven't learned riffs from my favorite metal bands like Morbid Angel, although I should some time..

Sorry it's blurry. Best I can get. Myself from this years Halloween.

I was Jim Power BTW.

Shot from my 3DS and captured via Webcam for print screenshoting it.

You know, if you have a card reader you can get the photo straight from your 3DS. Also now, if you press the customize button in the top left of your 3DS home screen, there's a link that will open the browser to a photo uploader that you can use if you don't have a card reader.

Doomkid said:

Nice equipment man! When I go back to my falk's place, gotta take some photos of all my gear. I have a Hughes & Ketner stack that's freakin' amazing, and a solid state Warwick bass rig. They go nuts at live shows - So loud while retaining clarity.

What kinda stuff do you play? For me it's mostly metal, but other than a few pantera and metallica riffs, I write my own stuff. I haven't learned riffs from my favorite metal bands like Morbid Angel, although I should some time..

I haven't in years, I gave up due to my guitar teacher leaving due to a robbery as I didn't have the motivation to teach myself. I am trying to find the time to re-learn, but I hope to learn to play a variety of genres such as; blues, metal and classic rock.

On the subject of Morbid Angel; those guys used to be good, but their latest release is shockingly bad. I am fussy about albums though, they have to pretty much pin point perfect (in my opinion, of course) in order for me to listen to them all the way through. I do (not listened to it in years, though) however, heavily enjoyed their debut album "Altars of Madness", I think it was called (may have been their second). Carcass' latest is quite a good album and I am really looking forward to listening to ND's newest album when that comes next year.

I was feeling particularly photogenic yesterday myself.

Don't look as much like Romero this time around I don't think. :(