Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

1 hour ago, pooplord01 said:

hi im trying to play your map but something unintended happened, i think

Hi.

Spoiler

Did you try pressing the reset button? The third platform should move if you press the fifth button, maybe the voodoo doll that controls the platform is stuck. I have an idea on where he is stuck, so I thought about a way to simplify the voodoo dolls stuff that should also solve this kind of problem.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:54 PM, Niloquì said:

Well, I did a lot of work in the last two weeks. I completed every secret, so if you like them, I can focus on the aesthetics (add lights, outside area, a starting point and the end switch) and enemies placement for HMP and UV. I already put some enemies but they are just placeholders, so they are not balanced yet and I may change everything for the final version.

The maze secret is similar to the previous version, but I made the hint to find the switch easier to spot (I hope lol). If you still don't like it, I thought about another idea that I can use.

Download link

Reveal hidden contents

zVB9gf2.png

gnKgNtc.png

t4lSJjA.png

6r51Wxd.png

dKSvS0M.png

Ok @Niloquì. Here we go with some feedback.

First of all, this is a really solid designed map. I love most of the secrets, and all the details all around. Plus real creative setups and lots of variety.

Now, here are some points I want to address:

1)This is just to confirm, but, there's no finish point yet, right? because if it is I'm totally blind. Lol

2) There are two errors I've spotted:

• There's no way to kill all enemies on medium and hard mode, These guys never break free for some reason. (screenshot 1)
  • Plus there's a leaky texture here (screenshot 2). That stuff is usually solved by drawing a sector containing the zone. 
Spoiler

feedback.png.8239b95d683b4c46f1a7fe9f31122169.png

3) This is about one particular secret:

Spoiler

On the cacco hell room in the red keys area, the small green button can be easily missed, and, considering that is a multi-layered secret, plus you have to deal with all that fight. I'll change it for a bigger one, or try to highlight it in some way. 

4) here's my biggest complaint:
Combat wise is kind of unbalanced. The difficulty is correct for the spot, but no fight feels that right.

Spoiler
  • The first fight is not bad, is simple and lets you observe the map, my only note about this one is the monsters behind the wall on the teleport puzzle. They are almost harmless but awkward to kill. 
  • About the maze area, I feel that at least a couple of revs of an archie could spice things up a little bit, and rise the stakes for the rest of the level.
    The yellow zone is my favorite one, really good stuff.
  • Now the red keys zone is weird to me. the puzzles are really cool, but the battles are a lot all at once and there's nothing forcing you into the area. so it felt overwhelming and boring at the same time. (especially in contrast with the rest of the map, which is very tame in comparing), and the same goes for the big cacco cloud.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your work. 

Thanks for the feedback!

29 minutes ago, RED77 said:

1)This is just to confirm, but, there's no finish point yet, right? because if it is I'm totally blind. Lol

No, I still have to put the finish point (and also a true starting point). 

31 minutes ago, RED77 said:

2) There are two errors I've spotted:

• There's no way to kill all enemies on medium and hard mode, These guys never break free for some reason. (screenshot 1)
  • Plus there's a leaky texture here (screenshot 2). That stuff is usually solved by drawing a sector containing the zone. 

The enemies cannot teleport because I used a SR action instead of W1 lol. It works now.

I play using OpenGL and the texture is normal there, so I didn't notice it. Anyway, I changed the shape of the sector and it's fine now.

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

3) This is about one particular secret:

Spoiler

I highlight the green switch. If it's still too easy to miss, I will put a bigger switch.

2 hours ago, RED77 said:

4) here's my biggest complaint:
Combat wise is kind of unbalanced. The difficulty is correct for the spot, but no fight feels that right.

A lot of enemies are placed just as a reminder for myself that I want enemies there, so that's why it is unbalanced. I also need to put more ammo and medikits, but for now I will focus on the outside area since the starting and the ending point will be there.

now my keyboard was broken by my cats today... whoop dee doo...this smaller keyboard will do, but will take some getting used to.

Hello.

I've noticed this thread back in January, but I was occupied with exams and other things. Now I should be somewhat more free. I see there's a few slots left, can I still join the project?

53 minutes ago, Jakub Majewski said:

Hello.

I've noticed this thread back in January, but I was occupied with exams and other things. Now I should be somewhat more free. I see there's a few slots left, can I still join the project?

Hey @Jakub Majewski! of course, you can. Do you prefer any particular spot? (bear in mind that can be altered on the final WAD)

12 hours ago, RastaManGames said:

I've noticed few tiny places with wrong textures, so I fixed these. Not that big change, but still.

Download V2 (Google.Drive)

Amazing. Thank you so much for the update!

2 minutes ago, RED77 said:

Hey @Jakub Majewski! of course, you can. Do you prefer any particular spot? (bear in mind that can be altered on the final WAD)

So far, I don't have a preference for a map spot. Maybe I'll pick one once's the map is more complete though.

10 minutes ago, Jakub Majewski said:

So far, I don't have a preference for a map spot. Maybe I'll pick one once's the map is more complete though.

Perfect I'll put you on Map16 for now

2 hours ago, Jakub Majewski said:

I should probably ask: am I allowed to add my own textures/flats?

No more than 3 custom textures. And be sure to include them in the file. 

midpoint.png.a231bc10689f80d2d5bced3e400d8c18.png
CHECK DAY #5 (MAR 26-2023)

So... HERE WE ARE! Halfway to the development schedule.
A wild ride so far.

To be honest I'm more than surprised by the amount of traction this project manage to drive, especially being my first time trying to host one CP.
So I want to thank everyone involved for all the work done so far.

For this update, I want to begin giving news from my end.

First of all, I'm working a lot on the graphic design for the project.
Cover art/special screens/custom textures for the Credits map, etc.
Here is some of that. ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!

Spoiler

mokup.png.ec2eab2542c8043ce23b648a398659e0.pngTITLEPIC_B.png.170213934c752c5c72d153ad0b1e3724.pngINTERPIC.png.a3e2a450fca8fcc349b6c61792aa3d1e.png

Also, I'm working on THREE MAPS

• An introduction map, that would give a general idea for the rest of the WAD
  • The credit map, where all the team will get a well-deserved spot
  • A final map, that will wrap around the project.

Here's a small screen for the closer map, if you want a little spoiler.

Spoiler

tower.png.f317b3a9186752bc2c51c1d7549c21cb.png

Well, That's all for me.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now...
At this point, we have already 5 finished maps
(this week we added map 07 by @Thelokk)
T_CRED07.png.1d344e63d63494dbf7ca502dc58fc8c5.png

About newcomers, we have two new members on the team @Jakub Majewski and @Roadblock
Welcome!

To anyone that still wants to join, there's time till MAY 07-2023

I've already checked the demo versions for the maps of @HUNdebLeonidasX, @Stabbey, @Niloquì, and @senyaiv
Really cool stuff with very personal takes on the concept.

So, Since this is a very important checkpoint for the project I would encourage all of the members of the project to give at least a quick update:
This time around a simple Ok or like on this point won't do. At least some quick summary about your status on the project. Please let us know!

@Bri0che, @Angry Saint, @knifeworld, @Rabbid, @scientifikgenius, @Soulinus, @Pegleg, @DFF, @Azafran, @Worm318, @pooplord01, @Fadri, and @CblBOPOTKA

Once again thank you so much for all the work done so far. 
And let me know if I can land a hand if you need it.

Have a nice Week!

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

So, Since this is a very important checkpoint for the project I would encourage all of the members of the project to give at least a quick update:
This time around a simple Ok or like on this point won't do. At least some quick summary about your status on the project. Please let us know!

My job has been a bit intense this past two weeks, so I have been a bit tired for mapping on my free time. So there haven't been progress on my end.

Also, initially I drafted a big layout that has me on a creative slump, so I think I will go for something small to at least deliver something.

I haven't done much, I've been doing things other than Doom most of this month. I finished implementing the line actions for the fourth puzzle, but it didn't work, probably because I chose the wrong action. I need to decide whether to switch the action or to implement it differently.

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

A wild ride so far.

To be honest I'm more than surprised by the amount of traction this project manage to drive, especially being my first time trying to host one CP.

Reveal hidden contents

mokup.png.ec2eab2542c8043ce23b648a398659e0.pngTITLEPIC_B.png.170213934c752c5c72d153ad0b1e3724.pngINTERPIC.png.a3e2a450fca8fcc349b6c61792aa3d1e.png

Reveal hidden contents

Well, That's all for me.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now...

About newcomers, we have two new members on the team @Jakub Majewski and @Roadblock
Welcome!

I've already checked the demo versions for the maps of @HUNdebLeonidasX, @Stabbey, @Niloquì, and @senyaiv

@Bri0che, @Angry Saint, @knifeworld, @Rabbid, @scientifikgenius, @Soulinus, @Pegleg, @DFF, @Azafran, @Worm318, @pooplord01, @Fadri, and @CblBOPOTKA

Have a nice Week!

Here is my updated map.

1.2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/sp6kc4976z18lnl/MAP02.wad/file

Still not finished of cours, and I still have to polish things. But, hey, tell me if you like the map this far :)

Edited by Bri0che

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

Cute artwork. I would like to have a copy of that floppy-diskette.

Making some progress on map:

Spoiler

preview2.jpg.9c13a5ff0be40972433d6a9c06ff4a3d.jpg

Used 4/6 secrets, got a little stuck in adding two last secrets to fit them organically and do not confuse the player completely. But i think one-two days of inspiration will solve this issue on their own.

Finished prior CP mapping obligations. Still got a good idea for my map and will start playing with the texture set.

3 hours ago, Worm318 said:

My job has been a bit intense this past two weeks, so I have been a bit tired for mapping on my free time. So there haven't been progress on my end.

Also, initially I drafted a big layout that has me on a creative slump, so I think I will go for something small to at least deliver something.

No problem @Worm318! thank your time. thanks for the update

3 hours ago, Stabbey said:

I haven't done much, I've been doing things other than Doom most of this month. I finished implementing the line actions for the fourth puzzle, but it didn't work, probably because I chose the wrong action. I need to decide whether to switch the action or to implement it differently.

Thank you so much for the update!

2 hours ago, DFF said:

Finished prior CP mapping obligations. Still got a good idea for my map and will start playing with the texture set.

Perfect! thanks for the update!

Couldn't get much done since last update, but I hope to have something substantial to show in the next update.

7 hours ago, RED77 said:

A wild ride so far.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Well, That's all for me.

Now...

Welcome!

Have a nice Week!

I'm still on board!
I haven't added anything to my map for a while due to concentrating on 4 other projects with much shorter deadlines and on IRL things. But don't worry, the time remaining is more than enough to finish off the final areas of my map!

2 hours ago, Soulinus said:

Couldn't get much done since last update, but I hope to have something substantial to show in the next update.

No problem, thank you so much

1 hour ago, RileyXY1 said:

I might soon start work on MAP26.

Hey @RileyXY1, I don't have any record of you asking for the spot, should I consider this as you're claiming it? Let me know so I update my sheet.

27 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

I'm still on board!
I haven't added anything to my map for a while due to concentrating on 4 other projects with much shorter deadlines and on IRL things. But don't worry, the time remaining is more than enough to finish off the final areas of my map!

no problem, thanks you so much for the update

im still working on my map, i have a general idea of what i want to do but i still need to do it kekw, and it still looks very ugly