Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RED77

[Community Project] 666CRETS - A CP about secrets (PRIVATE ALPHA 0.2 )

1 hour ago, RataUnderground said:

Thank you!

New version (v1.1): https://mega.nz/file/NPhgmJiA#iEjUKy9xAcM_LrykiUzz9yce-4PFfKOuCzOo1P2xRFo

Changes made:

Hide contents

1- On Easy skill, you should get rid of all items that are not ammo for the pistol or decorations (no other weapons, health, armor, etc...)

Done

2- Medium and Hard Skill are the same. Maybe this is a misunderstanding with the way my info is presented, but Hard skill should be a bigger challenge, fur sure.

Done for medium Skill, I change some monster to make some situations easier.

3- In the first area there are a couple of texture misalignments.

Fixed

4-The first secret (the underwater one) I'll hint at in some capacity, cause I run into it only by chance. The rest of them you can find by observation, which is perfect. But this one I didn't see it.

Now is hinted with a light value slightly brighter in the wall.

5- the second area has no secrets or fights. It feels weird that way. Kind of breaks the flow of the level.

Fight added. Some monster closets.

1) It seems you use not a single texture from the extra resources, only vanilla doom II textures. Is there a reason for that or just a mere coincidence? (I like the aesthetics of the map, don't feel pressure to change it, please)

It is kind of a coincidence. I went for a classic 90s Dwango arena aesthetic, so stock textures is enough for that. Besides, I don't find jimmytex very useful. I used some of the switch textures and the waterfalls, but yeah, didn't feel the need for any other. 

2) besides the beginning area, the rest is hidden on the computer area map. Is that by design? 

Yes, just to protect somewhat the "mystery" of the map and don't reveal the secrets too easy.

Hey, @RataUnderground I tested this new version and it feels better. Thanks for the changes.

I have only two more notes:

-The new sectors are not hidden from the map 
-I think Adding some ammo packs on the trap doors will be useful, Some of my test runs I run out of ammo almost completely.

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

Hey, @RataUnderground I tested this new version and it feels better. Thanks for the changes.

I have only two more notes:

-The new sectors are not hidden from the map 
-I think Adding some ammo packs on the trap doors will be useful, Some of my test runs I run out of ammo almost completely.

Thank you again for the testing. Fixed! Version 1.2 - > https://mega.nz/file/cToxXbDL#I2Aaot4Hu7q9KZAgtUpj44wPwYnhnYDYWoW_vjUIMGA

1 minute ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

Got a different question: so lavapools and nukage allowed as long as it won't damage anyone?

Yeah, they are totally fine, as long on the easy skill they do not make damage.

13 minutes ago, King Know-Nothing said:

Not sure how I missed this project. Would love to participate and hide some secrets! Will take the 16 slot if we are calling map levels.

Amazing! Map16 it's yours

2 minutes ago, Niloquì said:

Cool concept! Can I join and take map slot 20?

Sure You can! Thanks for joining.

@RED77

Are you planning to reorganized the maps going forward (by theme, difficulty, etc.)?

Regardless, sign me up. And, in the interest of securing a map slot, put me down for Map 13.

15 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

@RED77

Are you planning to reorganized the maps going forward (by theme, difficulty, etc.)?

Regardless, sign me up. And, in the interest of securing a map slot, put me down for Map 13.

I'll sort them by difficulty, but trying to maintain the people who claimed a specific spot. The general project is thought more like a collection of puzzles than a single continued battle narrative, so it's not that big of a deal in the end. 

Welcome aboard!

Well, I think it would be nice to quickly toss something interesting here) The only wish: I need a slot with the city sky (in doom 2 is SKY2, MAP12-20)

Or are you planning to use something like UMAPINFO for modern boom ports (DSDA, Woof! and prBoom+ support it)?

image.png.aac1554cdac3a606fc98dbd8922fb5d5.png

31 minutes ago, DRON12261 said:

Well, I think it would be nice to quickly toss something interesting here) The only wish: I need a slot with the city sky (in doom 2 is SKY2, MAP12-20)

Or are you planning to use something like UMAPINFO for modern boom ports (DSDA, Woof! and prBoom+ support it)?

image.png.aac1554cdac3a606fc98dbd8922fb5d5.png

It's supported but I give you to map 14 if that's ok.
I'll lock your map to that position.
But just to be sure, when you post your map, please add that you need SKY2 as sky on the "🔹 Notes:" So I'll be sure not to forget.

Welcome to the project

Well, the geometry of the level, the lighting, the map plan is fully completed. All that's left is the arrangement of pickups and monsters for difficulty levels and balancing, as well as testing on all possible ports. Boom is an extremely powerful doom engine.

There's just one but, I'm using the custom night SKY, and would actually really like to see it go into the project instead of SKY2, or for the project to get MAPINFO. If no way, in principle, the default SKY2 can also do, but the atmosphere of the map, unfortunately, will not be the same.

Oh and yes, the map will be called "Hotel of the Dead", it provides for all the rules on the keys in the secrets, the only thing I got not the format of the hub, but still a serial passage of key by key. But in general, the player always, when he reaches a key, after a certain battle (of course, except for the difficulty level Easy), first sees it, and then must solve the puzzle / show ingenuity to get to the key. Approximately in this format will be passed map. I think tomorrow will throw the release version, after polishing.

And another thing, the map has the head of the icon of sin, but it here mostly plays a decorative and intimidating role, the boss is not, as on map30.

(If there are any semantic errors in my post, I apologize, I'm not a native English speaker and use a translator.)

Screenshot_Doom_20230123_025800.png.05a10ed2a19e691a6b56c8fea33c7b26.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_025748.png.de3c7c498a0059365d5ec6435181bab8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_025728.png.a411cd275fcd6e3faf4fd198fba7ed7c.png
Screenshot_Doom_20230123_024132.png.b113442c034805dfd36d205ac67d1145.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024050.png.e46b1b3637c1193799e90c27fe9aa8d0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024033.png.18d2cbe10d911f9b3adf18c92fb33f36.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024005.png.143e491f3bb62a976ed5a2d91dc76958.png

3 minutes ago, DRON12261 said:

Well, the geometry of the level, the lighting, the map plan is fully completed. All that's left is the arrangement of pickups and monsters for difficulty levels and balancing, as well as testing on all possible ports. Boom is an extremely powerful doom engine.

There's just one but, I'm using the custom night SKY, and would actually really like to see it go into the project instead of SKY2, or for the project to get MAPINFO. If no way, in principle, the default SKY2 can also do, but the atmosphere of the map, unfortunately, will not be the same.

Oh and yes, the map will be called "Hotel of the Dead", it provides for all the rules on the keys in the secrets, the only thing I got not the format of the hub, but still a serial passage of key by key. But in general, the player always, when he reaches a key, after a certain battle (of course, except for the difficulty level Easy), first sees it, and then must solve the puzzle / show ingenuity to get to the key. Approximately in this format will be passed map. I think tomorrow will throw the release version, after polishing.

And another thing, the map has the head of the icon of sin, but it here mostly plays a decorative and intimidating role, the boss is not, as on map30.

(If there are any semantic errors in my post, I apologize, I'm not a native English speaker and use a translator.)

Screenshot_Doom_20230123_025800.png.05a10ed2a19e691a6b56c8fea33c7b26.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_025748.png.de3c7c498a0059365d5ec6435181bab8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_025728.png.a411cd275fcd6e3faf4fd198fba7ed7c.png
Screenshot_Doom_20230123_024132.png.b113442c034805dfd36d205ac67d1145.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024050.png.e46b1b3637c1193799e90c27fe9aa8d0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024033.png.18d2cbe10d911f9b3adf18c92fb33f36.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230123_024005.png.143e491f3bb62a976ed5a2d91dc76958.png

Amazing work. Those screenshots look really cool.
When you drop the map include the custom SKY texture. I'll try to add it to the final version.

Can't wait to play it!

🔸 Map Name: Hotel of the Dead (v3)
🔸 Author: DRON12261
🔸 Music: "A lot to learn" from D64D2.wad by DILDOMASTER666(original .midi version) and cover by DAR(extra .ogg version)
🔸 Ports Tested:

• DSDA - [0.25.6]
  • Woof! - [10.4.0]
  • prBoom+ - [2.6.1]
  • Eternity Engine - [4.02]
  • Doom Retro - [4.7.2]
  • GZDoom - [4.9.0]
  • Zandronum - [3.1]
  • LZDoom - [3.88]
  • ZDoom - [2.8.1]
  • ZDaemon - [1.10.22]
  • Odamex - [10.3]
  • Crispy Doom - [5.12.0]

🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes

🔹 Description: 
You come to your senses on the street outside the hotel building and suddenly find crowds of demonic creatures all around you. You realize that you need to get out of the place as quickly as possible. But there's HE waiting outside the main gate. Knowing that you are incapable of confronting this horror now, you have no choice but to take refuge in the hotel building itself. There is no easy way out...

🔹 Notes:

Secrets with the keys I tried to make relatively obvious, the player just has to show a certain amount of ingenuity and care, without much fanaticism. Also on the UV can not be easy, that's what he and the UV)

Map was made in 3 days: 2 days for the geometry and lighting itself, 3rd day for arranging the actors, testing and compiling the .wad file. Maybe 4th day to collect feedback in a kind of "Closed Beta Testing" and small adjustments.

Everything that supports UMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, ZMAPINFO, RMAPINFO uses the .ogg version of the soundtrack, everything else uses the .midi version (Of all the above ports only ZDaemon plays midi). Also on the ports of the ZDoom family and the Eternity Engine, the street will occasionally play juicy thunder accompanied by a flash of light. For the ZDoom-family, the thunder sound was imported from the Eternity Engine resources and enabled via SNDINFO lump.

Also from the custom content present SKY1 (that night sky), everything else is textures from jimmytex.wad. So, in fact, when you put my map in the project - it will be enough to import the map itself, midi track and SKY1 (if you still decide to add it). If you will put mapinfo into your project, my .wad will already have UMAPINFO, ZMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, RMAPINFO and MAPINFO ready. Actually I don't think there's any reason not to, all ports listed above don't have any problems working with them (unless you want to run on original Boom under DOS or some old forgotten ports from 90s or 00s), plus mappers will be able to use their SKY and use additional features of different ports on the map, like I did with Thunder. If there may be problems with writing different MAPINFO's, I'm willing to help.

One more thing. There are 7 secrets on my map: 6 on the key and one more as an added benefit before the final arena. How about making some extra edits to the rules and letting the mappers make 1 or 2 more extra secrets for the needs of the map, and on Easy place a Health Bonus in those secrets? I think this won't hurt the original idea, but rather reinforce it.

P.S.
Also, this map works in Deathmatch mode, but the battles there are more fun than serious.

And also there is a layout of actors for the cooperative mode. (But accurately balance it I have not had the opportunity, who knows, perhaps in the co-op with the included additional monsters will be a real hell))) Although I think for the cheerful co-op the very thing)

Download:
Hotel of the Dead by DRON12261 v3.1 [for 666crets project].zip

Some screenshots:
MyCollages.png.c6655f0dd19b1c65629040b095b36c3f.png

Also my recording of the map walkthrough at 100% on UV. (Before you watch, I recommend to play the map):

Spoiler

Edited by DRON12261 : update

4 hours ago, DRON12261 said:

🔸 Map Name: Hotel of the Dead (v3)
🔸 Author: DRON12261
🔸 Music: "A lot to learn" from D64D2.wad by DILDOMASTER666(original .midi version) and cover by DAR(extra .ogg version)
🔸 Ports Tested:

• DSDA - [0.25.6]
  • Woof! - [10.4.0]
  • prBoom+ - [2.6.1]
  • Eternity Engine - [4.02]
  • Doom Retro - [4.7.2]
  • GZDoom - [4.9.0]
  • Zandronum - [3.1]
  • LZDoom - [3.88]
  • ZDoom - [2.8.1]
  • ZDaemon - [1.10.22]
  • Odamex - [10.3]
  • Crispy Doom - [5.12.0]

🔸 Difficulty Settings: Yes

🔹 Description: 
You come to your senses on the street outside the hotel building and suddenly find crowds of demonic creatures all around you. You realize that you need to get out of the place as quickly as possible. But there's HE waiting outside the main gate. Knowing that you are incapable of confronting this horror now, you have no choice but to take refuge in the hotel building itself. There is no easy way out...

🔹 Notes:

Secrets with the keys I tried to make relatively obvious, the player just has to show a certain amount of ingenuity and care, without much fanaticism. Also on the UV can not be easy, that's what he and the UV)

Map was made in 3 days: 2 days for the geometry and lighting itself, 3rd day for arranging the actors, testing and compiling the .wad file. Maybe 4th day to collect feedback in a kind of "Closed Beta Testing" and small adjustments.

Everything that supports UMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, ZMAPINFO, RMAPINFO uses the .ogg version of the soundtrack, everything else uses the .midi version (Of all the above ports only ZDaemon plays midi). Also on the ports of the ZDoom family and the Eternity Engine, the street will occasionally play juicy thunder accompanied by a flash of light. For the ZDoom-family, the thunder sound was imported from the Eternity Engine resources and enabled via SNDINFO lump.

Also from the custom content present SKY1 (that night sky), everything else is textures from jimmytex.wad. So, in fact, when you put my map in the project - it will be enough to import the map itself, midi track and SKY1 (if you still decide to add it). If you will put mapinfo into your project, my .wad will already have UMAPINFO, ZMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, RMAPINFO and MAPINFO ready. Actually I don't think there's any reason not to, all ports listed above don't have any problems working with them (unless you want to run on original Boom under DOS or some old forgotten ports from 90s or 00s), plus mappers will be able to use their SKY and use additional features of different ports on the map, like I did with Thunder. If there may be problems with writing different MAPINFO's, I'm willing to help.

One more thing. There are 7 secrets on my map: 6 on the key and one more as an added benefit before the final arena. How about making some extra edits to the rules and letting the mappers make 1 or 2 more extra secrets for the needs of the map, and on Easy place a Health Bonus in those secrets? I think this won't hurt the original idea, but rather reinforce it.

P.S.
Also, this map works in Deathmatch mode, but the battles there are more fun than serious.

And also there is a layout of actors for the cooperative mode. (But accurately balance it I have not had the opportunity, who knows, perhaps in the co-op with the included additional monsters will be a real hell))) Although I think for the cheerful co-op the very thing)

Download:
Hotel of the Dead by DRON12261 v3 [for 666crets project].zip

Some screenshots:
MyCollages.png.c6655f0dd19b1c65629040b095b36c3f.png

Also my recording of the map walkthrough at 100% on UV. (Before you watch, I recommend to play the map):

Hide contents

Ok, I've just finished testing this map.

Amazing stuff @DRON12261. Very moody, and atmospheric. And the music complements it very well.
I really like the secrets 

Spoiler

Specially the one with the 6 switches for the yellow key. That was a very on point

Fights are really good. In the medium, It is challenging but really doable. Hard kicked my ass so hard several times. It's not unfair by any means, all the resources are there, Is just that It's off my skill level.

So, Amazing work.

About the extra secret.
I don't mind extra stuff that's hidden or that requires mechanics associated with secrets. As long as is not marked as one.
And here's why:
The 6 secrets are not necessarily associated with keys but with progression.
And the player should be aware of which secrets allow them to access the exit.
The number was chosen for the pun AND the consistency. 
Hope you understand.

So, I don't mind the extra "secret" as long as is not tagged as one.
This can be an extra for completionists that want that juicy 100% on everything.

So, there's my only change. I'll untag the 7th secret.

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

Ok, I've just finished testing this map.

Amazing stuff @DRON12261. Very moody, and atmospheric. And the music complements it very well.
I really like the secrets 

Reveal hidden contents

Specially the one with the 6 switches for the yellow key. That was a very on point

Fights are really good. In the medium, It is challenging but really doable. Hard kicked my ass so hard several times. It's not unfair by any means, all the resources are there, Is just that It's off my skill level.

So, Amazing work.

About the extra secret.
I don't mind extra stuff that's hidden or that requires mechanics associated with secrets. As long as is not marked as one.
And here's why:
The 6 secrets are not necessarily associated with keys but with progression.
And the player should be aware of which secrets allow them to access the exit.
The number was chosen for the pun AND the consistency. 
Hope you understand.

So, I don't mind the extra "secret" as long as is not tagged as one.
This can be an extra for completionists that want that juicy 100% on everything.

So, there's my only change. I'll untag the 7th secret.

It's nice to hear that you liked the map. As for the seventh secret, I have nothing against it, I even thought of turning off the action secret there myself.

And another thing, what do you think about Mapinfo?

And can I refine the map to my needs and release it separately as a one-map wad, or would you like to see it exclusively in your project? (In that case, I won't put it out separately publicly, but I will still send a couple of people my version of the map, which won't be rigidly tied to the context of the project).

6 minutes ago, DRON12261 said:

It's nice to hear that you liked the map. As for the seventh secret, I have nothing against it, I even thought of turning off the action secret there myself.

And another thing, what do you think about Mapinfo?

And can I refine the map to my needs and release it separately as a one-map wad, or would you like to see it exclusively in your project? (In that case, I won't put it out separately publicly, but I will still send a couple of people my version of the map, which won't be rigidly tied to the context of the project).

The map is yours, I have no problem with you publishing it apart, (but if you do and want to give a shout-out to the project, that'll be amazing, no obligation tho)

About Mapinfo I do not have that much experience with it, but -complevel9 allows it so I have no problem at all. I think I can have it working fine on the final wad.
Do you mind if I reach out for help if any problem appears?

3 minutes ago, RED77 said:

The map is yours, I have no problem with you publishing it apart, (but if you do and want to give a shout-out to the project, that'll be amazing, no obligation tho)

About Mapinfo I do not have that much experience with it, but -complevel9 allows it so I have no problem at all. I think I can have it working fine on the final wad.
Do you mind if I reach out for help if any problem appears?

Given that it's my idea, it's a must. If I'm not heavily burdened at that point, it's my duty to help make it happen.

I didn't have a great inspiration so I went with a theme of "6". My working title for the map is called "Hex Appeal". Two of the seven rooms are mostly done and can be completed, but are not fully polished. The remaining rooms are still empty.

I just noticed one of your rules for easy difficulty: "Pickups are forbidden."

All item pickups are forbidden on easy difficulty? No. That's a just plain bad idea. You want secrets to have tells, right? One way to have a tell is to use an item to signify that the player is supposed to be able to go there. A decoration doesn't work for that.

And when you say "put a box of bulletsx50 in at the start", do you really mean "put in one box for a total of 50 bullets", or do you mean "put in 50 boxes of bullets for a total of 2500 bullets"? Because there's a BIG difference in combat balance for higher difficulties between 50 and 2500 bullets.

18 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

I didn't have a great inspiration so I went with a theme of "6". My working title for the map is called "Hex Appeal". Two of the seven rooms are mostly done and can be completed, but are not fully polished. The remaining rooms are still empty.

I just noticed one of your rules for easy difficulty: "Pickups are forbidden."

All item pickups are forbidden on easy difficulty? No. That's a just plain bad idea. You want secrets to have tells, right? One way to have a tell is to use an item to signify that the player is supposed to be able to go there. A decoration doesn't work for that.

And when you say "put a box of bulletsx50 in at the start", do you really mean "put in one box for a total of 50 bullets", or do you mean "put in 50 boxes of bullets for a total of 2500 bullets"? Because there's a BIG difference in combat balance for higher difficulties between 50 and 2500 bullets.

Hello, @Stabbey Great to hear you are having some progress with your map. Can't wait to play it.

About the notes of the rules:

-I do not agree that pickups are necessary to have a secret, but if it helps your map, how about allowing armor/health bonuses? 

-about the bullets is 2500 bullets (this is to prevent soft blocks, and is only applicable if your map includes shootable switches). I've tried to custom an infinite ammo pistol for complevel 9 but I did not manage to make it work without glitching the bullet counter).

Hope that helps. Let me know what you think.

@RED77

I updated the map (I loaded the archive with the new version in my post). No gameplay changes, but a couple of very important technical fixes on the map itself:

1) Removed the designation of the 7th secret. And also removed from there Health Bonus on Easy, so as not to confuse the player unnecessary item.

2) Fixed windows. Previously, if you fly above the level of the window (jump or through the command FLY in ZDoom), then the render at the windows began to break, now in v3.1 this will not happen.

3) And most importantly, completely redesigned the principle of the elevator to the second floor on the street. There also broke the renderer (because it was built on the sector with missing textures), but now it really is visually completely in 3D (but of course physically can not walk under it). Special thanks to the user named DeathWish for helping me understand some of the nuances.

Now technically the map is polished, except for some potential minor problems in the construction of nodes, which in general will not affect the perception of the map in any special way.

28 minutes ago, DRON12261 said:

@RED77

I updated the map (I loaded the archive with the new version in my post). No gameplay changes, but a couple of very important technical fixes on the map itself:

1) Removed the designation of the 7th secret. And also removed from there Health Bonus on Easy, so as not to confuse the player unnecessary item.

2) Fixed windows. Previously, if you fly above the level of the window (jump or through the command FLY in ZDoom), then the render at the windows began to break, now in v3.1 this will not happen.

3) And most importantly, completely redesigned the principle of the elevator to the second floor on the street. There also broke the renderer (because it was built on the sector with missing textures), but now it really is visually completely in 3D (but of course physically can not walk under it). Special thanks to the user named DeathWish for helping me understand some of the nuances.

Now technically the map is polished, except for some potential minor problems in the construction of nodes, which in general will not affect the perception of the map in any special way.

Perfect!
I'll keep this file as a deffitive version. 

2 hours ago, RED77 said:

Hello, @Stabbey Great to hear you are having some progress with your map. Can't wait to play it.

About the notes of the rules:

-I do not agree that pickups are necessary to have a secret, but if it helps your map, how about allowing armor/health bonuses? 

-about the bullets is 2500 bullets (this is to prevent soft blocks, and is only applicable if your map includes shootable switches). I've tried to custom an infinite ammo pistol for complevel 9 but I did not manage to make it work without glitching the bullet counter).

Hope that helps. Let me know what you think.

Health/armor bonuses will do. That said, I still think that a blanket prohibition of pickups on easy difficulty is pointless and unnecessarily excessive. You already have the "no harm player" restriction. Lots of maps use placement of pickups to hint at the existence of point to secrets.

I also think that 2500 bullets is excessive given the restriction of a 5-20 minute map. If a player softlocks by running out of bullets, it's not a big deal to restart it. It also risks causing imbalance in combat on higher difficulties, so instead of a stack of boxes, I'm putting in a switch which lowers a long lift carrying a voodoo doll onto the stack, making it more inconvenient to exploit for combat.

28 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Health/armor bonuses will do. That said, I still think that a blanket prohibition of pickups on easy difficulty is pointless and unnecessarily excessive. You already have the "no harm player" restriction. Lots of maps use placement of pickups to hint at the existence of point to secrets.

I also think that 2500 bullets is excessive given the restriction of a 5-20 minute map. If a player softlocks by running out of bullets, it's not a big deal to restart it. It also risks causing imbalance in combat on higher difficulties, so instead of a stack of boxes, I'm putting in a switch which lowers a long lift carrying a voodoo doll onto the stack, making it more inconvenient to exploit for combat.

That's a very clever solution. go for it!

CHECK DAY #1 (JAN 29-2023)

So, We made it to the first checkpoint for the project!
So far we have 20 spots taken (4 already finished and 1 with an update.)

I want to thank @RataUnderground, @RastaManGames, and @DRON12261 for their entries. 
I'll be not tagging you in future CHECK DAYS since your MAPS are considered COMPLETE.
Of course, if you what to make any updates just let me know.

About updates, I've received news from @Stabbey and his map "HEX APPEAL" including a really cool screenshot. 
He came around with some good concerns and I've fixed a F.A.Q in the OP with his and other participants' enquires, with some answers and adjustments to the project.

To all our other partners on this project, I'll give a quick shout-out just to know if you are still on board. (just a simple "YES" is enough).
We have a lot of time till the deadline (JUN 25-2023) so, no pressure, just keeping track. 
@Bri0che @Angry Saint @knifeworld @Rabbid @Thelokk @scientifikgenius @HUNdebLeonidasX @noob_killer012345678 @Pegleg @DFF @King Know-Nothing @Worm318 @Niloquì

Also, if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out and I'll be glad to give a hand. 

Thanks to all of you!

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

So, We made it to the first checkpoint for the project!
So far we have 20 spots taken (4 already finished and 1 with an update.)

I want to thank @RataUnderground, @RastaManGames, and @DRON12261 for their entries. 
I'll be not tagging you in future CHECK DAYS since your MAPS are considered COMPLETE.
Of course, if you what to make any updates just let me know.

About updates, I've received news from @Stabbey and his map "HEX APPEAL" including a really cool screenshot. 
He came around with some good concerns and I've fixed a F.A.Q in the OP with his and other participants' enquires, with some answers and adjustments to the project.

To all our other partners on this project, I'll give a quick shout-out just to know if you are still on board. (just a simple "YES" is enough).
We have a lot of time till the deadline (JUN 25-2023) so, no pressure, just keeping track. 
@Bri0che @Angry Saint @knifeworld @Rabbid @Thelokk @scientifikgenius @HUNdebLeonidasX @noob_killer012345678 @Pegleg @DFF @King Know-Nothing @Worm318 @Niloquì

Also, if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out and I'll be glad to give a hand. 

Thanks to all of you!

I'll probably go with the idea I said. I'll probably make some screenshot after setting the layout.

So far i made a small introduction for the concept, What I might need is to add some written texture that explains the concept to the player.

Spoiler

My plan is a temple with one main hub, one central area and 6 different themed room where you have to locate the hiding pinkies. The pinkies will teleport in a cage in the central area after luring them into a teleporter (so no gunfire needed, just fast legs) or spotting them in the peacful mode.

I don't plann to kill the player if it accidentaly kills a pinkie, it'll only affect the ending of the level.

3 hours ago, RED77 said:

All right ;)

I've started my map yesterday, not finished at all and it take the slot MAP01 (don't worry I'll give it the slot MAP02 later, this is just better for me).

Honestly I didn't knew it would be that fun to design a secret-themed map. I have some good inspirations from Portal and other puzzle games.

I already plan maybe to rework some parts, etc. but here is a lil beta of the beginning, I present you MAP02 - "Aperture's Diplomacy" :

(music is "The Profound" from Fortress 2 Blue)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gl0quetz17o0agi/MAP02.wad/file

Tell me if you find any rule break or if you have any suggestion !

Edited by Bri0che

1 hour ago, RED77 said:

I'm doing a library map. There are still a lot of things missing including the complete map structure, but I already have in mind how things should be. The name of the map is Time Enough at Last, inspired by a The Twilight Zone episode.

Here are a few screenshots on the state of the map so far.

2 hours ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

I'll probably go with the idea I said. I'll probably make some screenshot after setting the layout.

So far i made a small introduction for the concept, What I might need is to add some written texture that explains the concept to the player.

Reveal hidden contents

My plan is a temple with one main hub, one central area and 6 different themed room where you have to locate the hiding pinkies. The pinkies will teleport in a cage in the central area after luring them into a teleporter (so no gunfire needed, just fast legs) or spotting them in the peacful mode.

I don't plann to kill the player if it accidentaly kills a pinkie, it'll only affect the ending of the level.

Amazing! Thanks for the update! that concept had me intrigued. 

52 minutes ago, Bri0che said:

All right ;)

I've started my map yesterday, not finished at all and it take the slot MAP01 (don't worry I'll give it the slot MAP02 later, this is just better for me).

Honestly I didn't knew it would be that fun to design a secret-themed map. I have some good inspirations from Portal and other puzzle games.

I already plan maybe to rework some parts, etc. but here is a lil beta of the beginning, I present you MAP02 - "Aperture's Diplomacy" :

(music is "The Profound" from Fortress 2 Blue)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gl0quetz17o0agi/MAP02.wad/file

Tell me if you find any rule break or if you have any suggestion !

Oh! I'll playtest this version later today. Thanks for the update

47 minutes ago, Niloquì said:

I'm doing a library map. There are still a lot of things missing including the complete map structure, but I already have in mind how things should be. The name of the map is Time Enough at Last, inspired by a The Twilight Zone episode.

Here are a few screenshots on the state of the map so far.

That screenshots looks great, A library is a perfect setting for this gimmick. By the way, TTLZ is such a good series.