• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

4 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

this asshole

EDIT: an example of what he said would be this:

Yeah, just found that topic too + that mess on his profile. For someone claiming to be 18 at some point he surely behaved more like he was 8.

Either way, I most certainly hope you're not throwing me in the same box with him for an Unmaker joke lol, one that, I might add, was very different from how you interpreted it anyway (by that I meant changing the course of time/altering the events. I know, not what the Unmaker actually does.)

Now that that's out of the way, let's get back on topic, wouldn't want more off-topic for this bullshit.

Looks like we’ll be looking at her tweets from here on out, seeing how we’re pretty much getting regular updates at this point. 

Interesting to know that they’ll officially start filming tomorrow. 

On 5/9/2018 at 10:39 AM, Man of Doom said:

Not sure if this has been posted as well, but here you go. 

Imma start making a list to keep track of this. IF (and only IF) DreadCentral's scoops end up being true, then Amy Manson should announce her inclusion in the movie soon.

So this time we’re getting a better look at the costumes. I do admit it’s looking more and more like a sequel to the 2005 movie, but at least they have helmets this time around(?)

Bergman's posts have been rather interesting thus far on the project.  A lot of on site locations they're using for sets.  One of which was a fucking gigantic cave that could imply we're getting some hell scenes this time around.

So far, the picture with the barrel is the most interesting. I don't know why but the colors of the room remind me of Doom 1.

Not too impressed by the costumes, I have to say. They look like the ones from the 2005 version.

Who in their right fucking mind would make a sequel to THAT?

I was hoping they would copy the aesthetics of Doom 2016, along with the story and everything. Sigh. Looks like they are just trying to make a 'better' version of Doom 2005. LAAAAAME!

Too much jumping to conclusions. I mean, here's what we know for sure:

• The movie has UAC barrels that seem inspired with details from the original instruction book (UAC ran a toxic waste disposal facility on the surface of Mars)
  • There are on-site shooting locations that could pass for Mars or for Hell
  • The space marines (actually being called that) wear black uniforms, like the Z-Sec did in Doom 3 (probably where the original movie got the aesthetic from also)

This doesn't automatically equate to "it's a sequel". It doesn't even tell us a whole lot about the plot, other than that it does clearly make some original classic Doom references. We should only hope to have even a little bit of fan service in there after what happened with the last movie...

Food for thought, the pistol that Patel (shown above in the post by Doom_RO) is wielding,appears to be a Beretta 92FS, which a water pistol version was used for screenshots for the original Doom-era (Doom to Final Doom) Pistol.

As for the costumes, more is to be desired, but who knows, they could be pulling a red herring, and revealing that they're just Security Guards.

Edit: Also

I thought that it was a sequel because of the "#Doom2" hashtag Jemma Moore tagged on her announcement tweet, also the uniforms are consistent with the ones seen last time, not to mention the UAC letters on the barrels are the ones on the Doom 3 UAC logo (the era used for reference in the 2005 film), maybe they'll retcon the whole virus as originating from hell or something to make it closer to it's source material, kinda like how in one of the starship troopers direct to video movies they brought the space suits that were missing from the book.

Or maybe i'm wrong and it's not a sequel, guess we gotta wait a bit to confirm that

Some wild guessing.

The new Doom movie will be a follow-up to the previous film. At some point the UAC uncover the secret history of Mars and that the Martians are our immediate ancestors. They discover the 'Doomslayer' frozen in one of the polar caps. Probing the history of the extinct Martins the UAC discovered that the 24th chromosome has supernatural properties in the sense that it acts as a way for demons to posses living things and physically transform the host into a monster, depending on whether you've been naughty or nice. The Doomslayer was a pure and honorable man, much like Ned Stark,  and he received super powers allowing him to fend off the genetic demons. In the future he will be reawakened to combat the forces of evil once again, but this time he's coming to Earth because thats where the last film left off on.

So more previews of what the marines will look like. 

I may have stated this before, but I feel this should go without saying:

The armor that the marines wear in this movie appear to be radically different from what what the RRTS squad wore in the 2005 movie. 

The soldiers in the latter were mainly wearing jumpsuits over these pieces of body armor that could easily be worn by riot guards or soldiers in present day. 

The armor worn by the marines here appear to be far more fitting to what a futuristic soldier would be wearing, even if it’s not exactly the Praetor suit or power armor. There’s proper jackets, elbow/knee padding, and the body armor itself looks far sleeker. 

Keep in mind that currently, we still don’t have the faintest idea of the movie’s synopsis. Given what we’ve seen so far, it’s likely (but not certain) that this may not even be a sequel to the 2005 movie. 

I hope they don't mess with Doom's rich back story (a guy running around with a gun)

From the Tone of Doom thread.

This one was directed at me.

On 5/11/2018 at 1:34 PM, Linguica said:

Since no one seems to remember what the *actual* backstory of Doom was, according to the manual text, here's a snippet:

For the last four years the military, UAC's biggest
supplier, has used the remote facilities on Phobos and
Deimos to conduct various secret projects, including
research on inter-dimensional space travel. So far they
have been able to open gateways between Phobos and Deimos,
throwing a few gadgets into one and watching them come out
the other. Recently however, the Gateways have grown
dangerously unstable. Military "volunteers" entering them
have either disappeared or been stricken with a strange
form of insanity--babbling vulgarities, bludgeoning
anything that breathes, and finally suffering an untimely
death of full-body explosion. Matching heads with torsos to
send home to the folks became a full-time job. Latest
military reports state that the research is suffering a
small set-back, but everything is under control.

According to the original story, it was the *military* who was using UAC technology for their own teleport experiments, with a seeming disregard for the lives of the "volunteers".

This wouldn't be a bad plot for a movie.

3 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Note the small doom 3 UAC logo on the second picture

Now that you mention it, it’s there!

Not only that, Nina appears to have a Doom 3-styled UAC patch on her jacket (her left arm). 

Anyway, that DreadCentral link got updated with new info:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/272155/theres-new-information-about-universals-doom-reboot/

So even though we still have no confirmation of Amy Manson as the lead yet (not yet on Twitter anyway), we do have word on the special effects company that’ll be doing “special effects, makeup, and demon effects.”

Yes, you read that right. Not “monster effects,” not “creature effects,” DEMON EFFECTS. 

This last piece of info should be taken with a grain of salt, as it could be the site just hyping the movie. Still interesting to note, however. 

Looks like they're having a lot of fun putting this together. I think that'll show in the final product.

On 5/16/2018 at 2:49 AM, Ex Oblivione said:

Some wild guessing.

The new Doom movie will be a follow-up to the previous film. At some point the UAC uncover the secret history of Mars and that the Martians are our immediate ancestors. They discover the 'Doomslayer' frozen in one of the polar caps. Probing the history of the extinct Martins the UAC discovered that the 24th chromosome has supernatural properties in the sense that it acts as a way for demons to posses living things and physically transform the host into a monster, depending on whether you've been naughty or nice. The Doomslayer was a pure and honorable man, much like Ned Stark,  and he received super powers allowing him to fend off the genetic demons. In the future he will be reawakened to combat the forces of evil once again, but this time he's coming to Earth because thats where the last film left off on.

There's only a itsy bitsy little problem here. Reaper (Karl Urban) survived the events of the movie. I doubt they will ever be able to get a hold of ANY of the original actors again.

If it is indeed a sequel, they're gonna have to tie the loose ends.

3 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

There's only a itsy bitsy little problem here. Reaper (Karl Urban) survived the events of the movie. I doubt they will ever be able to get a hold of ANY of the original actors again.

Something like that can easily be addressed with a throwaway line from one of the new characters.

"I heard about the UAC doing experiment's like this years ago on Mars. Some thing went wrong & the whole base got destroyed"

"Where there any survivors?"

"Supposedly there were 2, but nobody's seen them since the incident"

11 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Considering that this is a direct to video/streaming sequel, i doubt that keeping the original actors was something they cared much

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

The post credits scene will have Urban waking up all pissed off in a sarcophagus 

3 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Oh I know, either Karl Urban and Sam disappear from the story or they will return (recast) and team up with the Martian Doomslayer who was freed from imprisonment to take down the genetic demons. 

Edited by Ex Oblivione

A sneak preview of the set (possibly a UAC base) and the full body armor. 

Based on what @Quasar mentioned, the armor does look a lot like Z-Sec armor. 

EDIT: While I may be grasping at straws at this point, I couldn’t help but notice that Nina dyed her hair a certain shade of teal.

Namely, that shade of teal appears almost exactly like on the armor of a certain female space marine we’re all familiar with...

Edited by Man of Doom : Is Nina actually Crash?

First of all, I would like to be the first one to publicly recognize and give DreadCentral full props for actually having real scoops...

Second of all, oh no.

13 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

What that’s confirmation she’s the Doomguy? She’s just teasing you.

You seem to think that, but you're completely mistaken.

If anything, it's confirmation that she is indeed part of the movie. Whether she's meant to be a "Doomguy" in the story of the movie or not that's a fabrication made entirely by the group of people who jumped the gun when the scoops from DreadCentral were posted a while ago. There's a strong possibility that she is indeed the protagonist of the movie, but that's it.

Nobody has the full script of the movie right now except from Tony Giglio and the rest of the movie cast to assume that she's going to play a character named "Doomguy" or anything like that.