Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

Interception II (31 New Levels for Doom II - Live on idgames)

Important update for those not on discord: The deadline has been pushed back to December 21st.

This is to give the scholarly folks among us a break during the end of the semester, as well as to allow a little more leniency during the holidays.

9 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Noticed my 29 slot says "Untitled Map" my map is called All Fall Down.

Thanks, totally spaced that.

@Pegleg I'll probably have to make a map for it myself, meaning I'll have to do Map02 and Map25 largely at once. I may ask for help developing some parts of Map02 and/or Map25 from the team to help me out.

A Few Announcements:

• New Resource Pack (v4c) [UPDATED 2/5/19]
  • We've only got half the maps in, so I'm extending the deadline out to March 31, 2019.
  • We're still looking for testers, and we're now also looking for any volunteers to do map clean-up and detail.
  • Also, if there are any sprite artists who would be willing to take on part of the workload to finish the final boss sprites, it would be much appreciated.

(EDITED) The following Map Slots are now available:

Edited by The Mysterious Moustachio : Updated the resource wad

New resource wad (v4d) has been released. You can download it here:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439954623252529152/542933189426020352/i2resrcs-v4d.zip

Changelog:

• Removed the DEHACKED lump. It's too much of a pain to update the resource wad every time the DEH file changes.
  • Added two new skies from Mechadon's Box-O-Skies V2: ACIDSKY4 (which is now the default Episode 1 map sky) and STARSKY2.
    • The old default E1 sky is still available as CLUDSKY4.

There are also two maps slots open still! Map24 and Map32 are free for anyone to claim. Deadline is still March 31, 2019.

EDIT: Also, sprinkled some new screenshots into the gallery in the opening post.

Edited by The Mysterious Moustachio

I'm interested into contributing this so I'll claim map 24 if that's ok since I should be able to whip up something before the end of March :) 

A few skies have been added/updated, so I've decided to merge them in with the rest of the texture pack. The latest version (v4e) of the resources can be downloaded right here.

Resource Pack Change Log:

• Updated sky for Map12
  • New sky added for Map15
  • New sky added for Map20

New version of the texture wad. I decided to change the labeling scheme from alphanumeric to just standard numeric (version number-major revisions-minor revisions).

Download v1.5.1

Change Log:

• Added RSKY2 from Interception I as I1SKY2 for use in Map21
  • Edited STARETH2 so Earth is in the south

So, at this point, we've only got a few regulars participating on Discord, which is great for mapping, but not for testing. So I've decided to open the floodgates and release a playable alpha of interce2.wad. If you're looking for anything resembling a finished product, look away. This is for public testing purposes only.

PLAYABLE ALPHA DEMO [interce2.wad v0.0.6]

Must be ran with the latest texture pack which can be found in the opening post. 23 maps total, and not every map has difficulty settings.

MAP LIST FOR ALPHA v0.0.6

• Map01: "Euphoria" by NeedHealth (single-player area) and Quantum_dranger (DM area)
  • Map02: "Hell's Existence" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map03: "Desecration" by Misty & DMPhobos
  • Map04: "That Which Shall Not Be Named" by DMPhobos
  • Map05: "Astral Castle" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map07: "The Everlaster" by joe-ilya
  • Map09: "Belly of the Beast" by The Mysterious Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, NuclearPotato, & DerFurer'sFace
  • Map10: "What Could Go Wrong?" by Big Ol Billy
  • Map11: "Slipgate Ex Nihilo" by DerFurer'sFace
  • Map12: "Gilded Terror" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map13: "Planet Vertigo" by Diego 'DJV' Villarroel
  • Map15: "Liquid Hot Magma" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map32: "Beamfleot" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map16: "Asteroid Assault" by DerFurer'sFace
  • Map17: "Habitat Ring" by The Mysterious Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, & DerFurer'sFace
  • Map18: "Murder Mountain Mayhem" by General Rainbow Bacon
  • Map20: "The Systems Have Gone Berserk" by DMPhobos
  • Map21: "Return to Sender" by A2Rob
  • Map22: "Power Plant" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map25: "Bear Hug" by The Mysterious Moustachio
  • Map27: "Sinister Teachings" by General Rainbow Bacon
  • Map29: "All Fall Down" by valkiriforce

EDIT: Added download links for individual maps in the opening post.

Alright, the deadline for public map submissions has passed. Any partial submissions will be completed by the detail team.

Interception II will now be in a polishing stage. We're still waiting on a few submissions from ForceTheDemo as well as a TITLEPIC and INTERPIC. At this rate, the wad should come out sometime this fall. I'm going to set a goal for November.

Only one map in so far but damn, great opening map. NeedHealth did an awesome job on this map, lots of good fights and very fun to play:) I didn't see anything like misaligned textures or any bugs so far. Really love the textures its using.

New wad alpha and resource pack available!

Wad Alpha v0.0.8:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/542896697152634890/562508015496986624/interce2-0-0-8-ALPHA.zip

Resource Pack v1.5.4:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439954623252529152/562521560465014794/i2resrcs-v1-5-4.zip

Changelog:

• Modified attacks for the fists, the chainsaw, and the pistol. The marine now punches with both fists; the chainsaw is a little faster; the pistol fires at a faster rate as well.
  • Updated the default E3 sky texture to be consistent across the entire episode.
  • Some of the music has been changed.
  • Includes all of the recently finished maps (such as MAP32).

Updated the wad alpha to finally include all resources within the alpha wad. Only one wad is now needed to test Interception II.

Wad Alpha v0.1.0:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wugfyu9rn36iqzr/interce2-0-1-0-ALPHA.zip?dl=1

Changelog:

• All wad resources contained in the alpha wad.
  • Added CWILV's for all finished E2 maps.
  • Made gameplay changes to maps 01-04.
  • Increased the fire rate of the shotgun ever so slightly.
  • Removed all the unfinished maps.

Finished up MAP06 for @DJVCardMaster which will now become MAP04. MAP04 and MAP05 get pushed up one slot to become MAP05 and MAP06 respectively.

Feedback, as always, is welcome!

MAP06: "Beyond the Living" by Diego "DJV" Villarroel and The Mysterious Moustachio

IXGwQWn.png

EDIT: Updated the wad file to include all the needed resources.

Speaking of which, here is an updated alpha version of interce2.wad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xobxsp60f59o7g/interce2-0-1-1-ALPHA_lite.zip?dl=1

My apologies for not finishing my map. I under estimated how little free time I was going to have. Having run a CP before I appreciate how frustrating for you this could be.

If you like I can boot up the laptop and send you what work I had done in case there is somewhere there you wish to continue with but no hard feelings if not.

1 hour ago, General Rainbow Bacon said:

So, we've received negative feedback gameplay wise on "Murder Mountain" so I'm going in to fix it.  Look for an update soon.

Personally, this is the most fun wad I have arguably ever played. Up there with UAC Ultra, imo. The visuals are fantastic. I aint played it all and so maybe cannot speak to Murder Mountain, but everyhting I have seen has been top notch and a lot of fun. I hardly play anything that isnt an iwad, but between this and TNT 2 I am thinking that might finally change.

whatever its worth...

1026697480_youaredoinggreat.jpg.29766fd60430ae2fcb53cd07d35c07e7.jpg

@Mk7_Centipede I'm really glad you're enjoying the wad :) if you have any more thoughts (positive or negative) please, let me know so I can improve the wad!

EDIT: So I made this as a potential TITLEPIC. Do the denizens of Doomworld have any strong opinions on it?

k31QtPH.png

It was meant to evoke 2001: A Space Odyssey, and I wanted to portray the Doomguy (or Interception Marine or whatever) witnessing something incomprehensible. One could also take the expression as him feeling forlorn or fearful. Whichever way it goes, my intent was to bring a little vulnerability to the guy.

And here's an INTERPIC I made as well from the Interception intermission:

FXtgrRi.png

@The Mysterious Moustachio

I dig the helmet art :) but can we differentiate the color between the visor and the sky? make the sky more purple/green or something? I dunno. But making the visor and sky different colors is the way to go, imo. Chick agrees, fwiw.

I will play through everything on hmp tomorrow and give you feed back- to the extent of 'replace this medkit with a stimpack' extremes if that is ok with you. I am not nearly the mapper you are, nor the others in this project.

I will do my best. Ive been loose as of late so hopefully I can speak to significance in gameplay. Best of luck, btw. This really is the year of DOOM ;)

@Mk7_Centipede I made a second version with a green sky background. Fits for E1 as well. What do you think?

LfZK8Op.png

I'm going to do touch ups on that INTERPIC later as well. The right candle looks a little fuzzy.

Silly me. I forgot that the previous INTERPIC hasn't been converted to Doom's palette. Here's the Paletted version in PrBoom+:

SA2C02R.png

Which reminds me that I need to add DerFurer'sFace's name to a few CWILV's of maps he has helped flesh out, including the above.

EDIT 2: I finished MAP10: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wlr3erbba9k5w4/interce2-MAP10-050719.wad?dl=1

yfAdOG4.png

Since I moved Big Ol Billy's map to the MAP08 slot, I decided to follow Belly of the Beast with... well, the belly of the beast. It's a giant, cavernous stomach cavity of the eldritch demon that's keeping you trapped in the demon realm. This map was meant to be a boss map of sorts. It's not that long, but I think the combat is punchy.

Difficulty settings are not yet implemented, and there is a lot of room for detail, but any feedback on the gameplay would be much appreciated!

EDIT 3: And, since the Episode maps are now all submitted, I've compiled a new wad alpha (v0.1.6) https://www.dropbox.com/s/egs2gjoqokxmrgk/interce2-0-1-6-ALPHA.zip?dl=1

Sorry for vanishing on you @The Mysterious Moustachio . I've lost interest in doom and havnt really kept up to date on the discord. Am completly burnt out. Also I need a new laptop.

Do you still have demo version I've sent you of my map23? Could I kindly ask that someone else finishes it? 

this is awesome. afamptahmp:

map 2: i finished 95/96/42 iirc

123/75hp, and 65/14/28/0ammo.

why is there rocket ammo? there is a lot of ammo and i didnt even find a rocket launcher.

map 3: 100/81/0 and 26/14 and 10/4/2/0.

so you have green torches that just blend into the green sky at the start. i dunno how distracting it is, but i noticed. the blue key should be more visible i think at the start. more bars that are slimmer or something? and when you go the route for the yellow key, the fight is a bit weak. on top of the cacoi you should add a number of lost souls.

;)