obake

Post your Desktop Background

I've got this one this evening, with my games launcher :

Capture-d-cran-2023-06-12-002930.jpg

Current background:

CdERo4Y.jpg

I have this on a different window (used to be my main):

vZ1tifO.png

Old Source games don't use too much memory nowadays, I think it'd be kind of rad to use all of those Half-Life 2/Portal/the old Team Fortress 2 menu backgrounds as wallpapers. Even giving the games the "+map (x)" argument however, I can't seem to make the engine start up to be actually inside a level though. Have any mapmakers here maybe got an idea of what I might be running into here? Here's an example of how it COULD look once I get it going:

Thu Jul  6 04:17:11 AM UTC 2023.png

16 hours ago, houston said:

Old Source games don't use too much memory nowadays, I think it'd be kind of rad to use all of those Half-Life 2/Portal/the old Team Fortress 2 menu backgrounds as wallpapers. Even giving the games the "+map (x)" argument however, I can't seem to make the engine start up to be actually inside a level though. Have any mapmakers here maybe got an idea of what I might be running into here? Here's an example of how it COULD look once I get it going:

Thu Jul  6 04:17:11 AM UTC 2023.png

Love this idea. Could you load the menu levels in the source sdk and record a video of them? Then you could just set that video as the background. I haven't messed around with the Source 2 editing tools in a while but it shouldn't be too complicated, worst case scenario you could just load up the game, turn off the hud and turn on fly mode and record it that way.

EDIT: Or you could just use this, I figured someone had already gone to the trouble of recording these.

16 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Mine are usually some high-res videogame themed stuff. Currently:

Quake1.jpg.d87f5c5fe3dbef8ad1dfeaef0e528d78.jpg

Gotta have Trent playing really loud too :-)

1 hour ago, smeghammer said:

Gotta have Trent playing really loud too :-)

wiswisswiswisswissswisssiwssswisswss

coolart_digital_art_x4.jpg.72f8d79d33dfbc38559888bb6ae6c84f.jpg

This is a cool piece of artwork I found on SickJoe's deviantart, who does the artwork for the loading screens and main menu and stuff of No More Room in Hell. This picture isn't from the game though

On 7/7/2023 at 11:09 AM, BBQgiraffe said:

image.png.b6f785155257cc55c5997689d7ce58f9.png

Copying to sex files?

15 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Copying to sex files?

that's what I named the flash drive I was using to transfer stuff to my new laptop lmao

14 minutes ago, HorseJockey said:

[TWENTY TWO MINUTES PAST ELEVEN]

Hey how do you get your desktop to show the time like that? Can you still do that with Windows 10?