Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The Doom Master Wadazine #3 - Unhiding the Doom Secrets and with Guest Interviewed Bridgeburner56

On 8/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, Endless said:

Thanks for saving us in your harddrive mate!

And of course. I'm currently toying with the idea of special day magazines, like: Halloween edition, Doom birthday edition, Xmas edition and of course our own anniversary.

Not to mention issue #666. ;)

28 minutes ago, bfredric said:

Doom has a cult following the same way Star Wars has a “cult following”

Or like how Charles Manson has a following cult. 

6 hours ago, bfredric said:

Doom has a cult following the same way Star Wars has a “cult following”

You know, that can apply to almost anything older than 15-20 years that still has at least one dedicated active fanbase.

Ok but I prefer the words active fan base over cult following. That’s all. To me a cult following implies something is obscure. Star Wars was an instant and lauded success which was rebooted twice successfully for both seasoned fans and newcomers. Sound familiar?

2 minutes ago, bfredric said:

Ok but I prefer the words active fan base over cult following. That’s all. To me a cult following implies something is obscure. Star Wars was an instant and lauded success which was rebooted twice successfully for both seasoned fans and newcomers. Sound familiar?

Usually, the word/term that is used to describe a ''cult following'' or just a ''group'' of people that follow any kind of entertainment media is: Community. I think that's how we mostly use to call ourselves, the Doom community, or just good old Doomers.

LoL. I saw DOOM master Wadazine... in the menu, and thought it was issue 4. got me really hyped. I'm still really excited for it!

To me, classic Doom is obscure. Try to ask people in your local area if they know what classic Doom is and if they still play it to this day. Chances are, they'll only know about the Dooms after 2016. However, if they do know about Classic Doom, they probably still don't play it to this day like most people here do. To me, that's what makes us a cult following.

3 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Nice job, Endless and Co. Keep it up!

Oh thanks man! Nice to have a nice comment even after days of the release :D

2 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I'm so excited, issue #4 should come out soon!

Eagerly awaiting issue 4 as well.

I feel like I'm 12 again and back in the 90's, waiting with bated breath for the next issue of my favourite magazine.

32 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I'm so excited, issue #4 should come out soon!

25 minutes ago, Final Verdict said:

Eagerly awaiting issue 4 as well.

I feel like I'm 12 again and back in the 90's, waiting with bated breath for the next issue of my favourite magazine.

Auww guys you make me all teary <3 Fear not, issue 4 should be ready to go in the next few days!

4 minutes ago, Endless said:

Auww guys you make me all teary <3 Fear not, issue 4 should be ready to go in the next few days!

I obviously can't make it for #4, although the idea i have is fairly simple to complete. So put me in #5.

This is the Karma of wanting too much and having too little (time, that is). Jack of all Trades, Master of None. :P

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

This is the Karma of wanting too much and having too little (time, that is). Jack of all Trades, Master of None. :P

I must say, you're a better jack than me. :P

Just now, InDOOMnesia said:

I must say, you're a better jack than me. :P

I will have it on the record that my real life name is not Jack.*

Spoiler

It is however 4 letters like it, and it ends with K, coincidentially. But i am not Jack. Or Mark.

I would really like to see this magazine keep going as well! There's something about the format of a magazine that really lends itself to showcasing the sea of wads and Doom-related subjects out there. The way the Cacowards are structured gives me this sort of vibe as well, but it's welcome to see additional, regularly published and curated Doom content.

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:
Spoiler

It is however 4 letters like it, and it ends with K, coincidentially. But i am not Jack. Or Mark.

Spoiler

Rick? I still vaguely remembered that Laz Rojas letter.

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

"Unhiding the secrets" was a real interesting read, together with "Doom in east Asia"!

Amazing stuff!

Glad to know you liked my article too. :)

4 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rick? I still vaguely remembered that Laz Rojas letter.

Spoiler

Correct. :)

I just discovered that this existed. I haven't been this excited over a magazine since I discovered heavy metal!

The delay on the next Wadazine just means that it is packed with amazing articles! It is great to have this to look forward to every 2 weeks! SO EXCITING!

I got a good chuckle out of the reference to Inugami Korone. I have actually played around with the idea of my first mod being a very simple jokewad sound replacement for the player sounds with Korone noises.

Also, holy shit! I had no idea Niconico had anything to do with DWANGO. Weird how things connect.