Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Biz!

Ultimate Doom: How we saw '95 [CANCELLED]

Just now, Egg Boy said:

I'd say the fun in this project is reinterpreting existing maps, so I think that you can just make your own version of E3M1 and have the cyberdemon part from E3M9.

hmm, sounds good, i think i rather create my owm e3m1 instead of modifying Worriedidot's

Here is my E1M2. I added lots of Tom Hall-isms (like chairs, tables, lockers). If anybody wants to take them as prefabs and re-use in their maps to keep consistency, go ahead.
Includes co-op and deathmatch spawns.
(EDIT: Scroll down for the fixed version)

Edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV

4 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Here is my E1M2. I added lots of Tom Hall-isms (like chairs, tables, lockers). If anybody wants to take them as prefabs and re-use in their maps to keep consistency, go ahead.
Includes co-op and deathmatch spawns.

E1M2SMK4.zip

It crashes when I load it in chocolate doom, did you test on that?

7 hours ago, Redoom said:

It crashes when I load it in chocolate doom, did you test on that?

Probably because of this:
Untitled.png.4c4bb513d3a337e636667fb9e83746dc.png

Only 64 scrolling textures allowed in vanilla :)

E3M9 is finally finished, thank god. Let me know what you think.

E3M9wesaw95.rar

Info:

Spoiler

===========================================================================

Title: Warrens We Saw 95

filename: E3M9wesaw95.wad

Author: lokbustam257

Description: Idk man just give me some feedback

* Play Information *

Game: (Ultimate) Doom, but registered Doom should also work

Map: E3M9

Single Player: Designed for

Cooperative 2-4 Player: Player starts only

Deathmatch 2-4 Player: No

Difficulty Settings: Yes

* Construction *

Base: New from scratch

Build time: 2 days

Editor(s) used: Ultimate Doom Builder

May not run with: ???

Tested with: Chocolate Doom 3.0.1, LZDoom 3.87c

9 hours ago, magicsofa said:

Probably because of this:
Untitled.png.4c4bb513d3a337e636667fb9e83746dc.png

Only 64 scrolling textures allowed in vanilla :)

Had no idea about this. I didn't test the game in Chocolate, just checked the Visplane Explorer and found out that there were never more than 100 visplanes anywhere in the map, and I thought it was good enough. 

Here, it's fixed now.

E1M2smkfix.zip

55 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Had no idea about this. I didn't test the game in Chocolate, just checked the Visplane Explorer and found out that there were never more than 100 visplanes anywhere in the map, and I thought it was good enough. 

Here, it's fixed now.

E1M2smkfix.zip

pretty good Mark, though i think you want to fix some of these minor issue, because people will likely play in software mode

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_203329.png.d474d5a4d800cfefb65970db7ab1f779.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210523_204016.png.a45fd9f363c7f3ce9a7491dc0a1d808a.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_203333.png.6c34c0003f586eb4d54c7cbddcf9f1c2.png

I really enjoyed your version of E1M2, @Sergeant_Mark_IV. It's a faithful recreation with some interesting new twists on the layout and architecture with new rooms and cool secrets and exquisite levels of DoomCute that push all the right buttons in my brain-box. :^)

2 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

pretty good Mark, though i think you want to fix some of these minor issue, because people will likely play in software mode

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_203329.png.d474d5a4d800cfefb65970db7ab1f779.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210523_204016.png.a45fd9f363c7f3ce9a7491dc0a1d808a.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_203333.png.6c34c0003f586eb4d54c7cbddcf9f1c2.png

Oh, sure I will take a look at it another day, but for now I guess it's good enough since it has no game-breaking stuff.

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

I really enjoyed your version of E1M2, @Sergeant_Mark_IV. It's a faithful recreation with some interesting new twists on the layout and architecture with new rooms and cool secrets and exquisite levels of DoomCute that push all the right buttons in my brain-box. :^)

Thanks!
I watched your playthrough, you got really close of finding all secrets (Even interacted with the right objects). You wall humped a lot, tip: I never add secrets that requires wall humping in my maps. The only one that is a "wall door" can be seen when you get the automap. Maybe I will nerf the chainsaw secret, because it requires a lot of timing precision.

4 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Here, it's fixed now.

E1M2smkfix.zip

loved the map man. played it with Bolognese and the random deaths and decoration patch. my favorite parts had to be the outside area with the red key and the room with the pathway that has a bunch of acid near it. stay cool man. love to see your great mapping and modding skills keep it up @Sergeant_Mark_IV

5 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Here, it's fixed now.

E1M2smkfix.zip

Great job on this Mark. I liked how you turned it into a plant. I enjoyed the gameplay and how the level was expanded.

Spoiler

I especially liked the locker room with the rad suits.

Tried a couple of these out - right up my alley - short nostalgic recreation maps - I'll try more some time

@Sergeant_Mark_IV I loved your take on E1M2 - an improvement as I always hated this level, thanks for not putting an annoying maze in it. Loved secret hunting, my jam! Please PM me how to get the chainsaw it's bottling my mind

@Worriedidiot this is a much better E3M1 - had a great time

keep em coming

Note : Upgraded to Limit Removing that way you don't have to worry about static limits

Deadline 2023? Is that a joke 

Well I never made a doom 1 map before so sign me up for e2m3 it's my fave level lol

On 5/19/2021 at 1:16 PM, DavidN said:

I'll take over E2M3 if battlescroll doesn't want it!

I totally missed this post 

He was here first @Redoom

I have tried to speed-map with this idea for e3m6 twice. Maybe I could do e2m7 and/or e3m6. I doubt I would succeed.

Spoiler

Untitled666.png.d79c380d20f27ef895f786bc8f2a464b.png

Untitled777.png.75c6a6b2aa8c7e847b12a9f06d6af918.png

Under the next spoiler, these are not my maps but I imported resources I have chosen, including two new skyboxes for episodes 2 and 4 and antialias for the episode 1 skybox (e2 skybox needs it too).

Spoiler

Untitled1w3.png.6daccf6efe14dd84eeaeca4775ab9627.png

Untitled5s2.png.914dbb2af6cd87bcabc7f1014bb4f4ab.png

Untitled4h6.png.40d38d81cbe3bf7a13689fadde6465dc.png

Untitled3t4.png.0469be316be3f31803e4bf831b1af826.png

Edited by Morfos : see how good/bad i am

Here's my E3M8, which has a bigger and harder boss battle, co-op and deathmatch spawns (the map isn't made for it, so it won't be that fun), a tech base, and is limit-removing only. Chocolate doom crashes on launch.

Download: (OUTDATED, look down!)

The end of the original doom says that you have defeated the Spider Mastermind, the one that basically controls the whole invasion, or at least starts it. Seems kinda wrong to kill her so easily, so why not give her some better defenses? It makes sense.

Bugs:
- I stacked a lot of ammo on top of itself at several points, gzdoom might get pretty slow. Tell me if it becomes an issue.

- Might have too many pinkies, or not enough at the end.

- If you know me, I never put enough health. Hopefully I did it correctly this time, but tell me if there needs to be more or less health.

Spoiler

Screenshots:

FsusFvT.png

qcfYELg.png

KrIHTd7.png

(^ Not the actual version released ^)

It really needs some blood music or something, the current music barely fits with even the original.

Edited by Engired

Yeah, i was thinking the same... Can we change the music or we have to use the stock ones? It's not explained in the OP rules, so i think we can change it?

2 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, i was thinking the same... Can we change the music or we have to use the stock ones? It's not explained in the OP rules, so i think we can change it?

It does say no custom things, but maybe we could  just change the song for another from doom? That could really improve the atmosphere while keeping it within doom 1 boundaries.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:58 AM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Yeah, there's actually a few things that'll crash vanilla. Visplanes just tends to be the most restrictive/the first thing people exceed. The other main ones are that you can only have 30 platforms moving at the same time (as in lifts - apparently doors, crushers, and move ceiling/floor action don't count) and you can't use a multi-patch texture as a middle texture on a two sided line. Other stuff will not crash but cause bugs: Anything past 256 segs on screen will not draw, causing HOM; Sprites past 128 on the screen will not be drawn; Making a texture tile vertically when it's not 128 pixels tall will create tutti-frutti, etc.

It's all listed here though:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Vanilla_Doom_engine_mapping_reference

hi, I have an updated version of E3M9 and E2M8, here's the file

New E2M8 and E3M9.zip

Changelog:

E2M8:

-ROCKRED in E2M8 now has been reworked, hopefully this doesn't look random

-Some mid tier monsters like Baron and Cacodemon has been slightly reduced to prevent too much infighting

E3M9:

-The red door in the hell dimension is now fixed, so you now have to use the red key now

end of post

Did I inspire you to change e2m8? I did get carried away with the infighting didn't I it was fun haha

Making progress on E2M7, trying to stay faithful.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

HcYfvLw.png

IYcbVnf.png

hJDZVnd.png

On 5/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, LoneAlpha2401 said:

@Redoom The maps are 0.5's E1M1 redone in E1 style and 0.4's E1M11 redone in E2 style.

Where the new secret exits will be placed is up to you.

@Redoom I'm going to back out of including these maps as I don't feel they fit the style of this project.

Edited by LoneAlpha2401

2 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

Making progress on E2M7, trying to stay faithful.

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

HcYfvLw.png

IYcbVnf.png

hJDZVnd.png

I'm going to back out of including these maps as I don't feel they fit the style of this project.

There's no need to be faithful in anyway. The point is to be unfaithful, and do what you want for the maps.