Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

There was a guy in our house

I am sorry for you that you had to go through this, it is something horrific to lose the Feel of safety in your own Home.

I also close the Door everytime (but it is a common Thing here in Europe).

Personally i couldn't live in a House, i would be terrified that someone could possible enter from every Side, not only the front Door as in a Apartment haha

I can also very rely to your inner jump of thinking about your Cats and an open Door, as i also have two and one is able to handle the Doorhandle, so a closed Door is necessary to keep them haha

Hope you can get your Mind free from that earlier than later.

Also, go, get some Baseball Bat... Or an Sword.

Wow, this is not a story that is welcome in real life.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family. Glad the things got well in the end.

Stay strong!

Interesting. In Australia and my parts, it's a good area with many young families. but I always lock and deadlock the front door. I always switch the alarm on even for a small drive.

I never had reason to do this beyond getting the habit from my Dad who also never experienced something like this. But your story helps validate it.

i'm truly sorry this happened to both of you. i know what it's like. my best to both of you, hope this never happens again.

Man that really sucks, thankfully that individual was caught and I truly hope he didn't cause any serious damage to either your wife or your property.

This actually reminds me of a similar episode I lived back when I was like 12. Me and my family decided to go out for something I can't recall (Maybe dinner or to the movies), but either way, when my mom parked the car outside the house after coming back, we caught two men in flagrante delicto trying to enter the house both from the front door and the air conditioner in my room. We have a little metal door which leads to the backyard that we forgot to lock, and in between the backyard and said door, there are the exterior proportions (IDK what to call 'em) of my room's AC.

Spoiler

This bad boy right here, they tried to remove it to make a hole and get in, and it actually had some wooden planks around it for support and to make it look pretty, but thanks to that incident we had to remove them.

AC.jpg.f30d720f2285aea776e8f9f847c4fa28.jpg

Obviously, mom got incredibly angry, and so did my dad, especially after listening to their excuse, which was around the lines of "We're just looking for this person, no need to get mad chief" (IDK if they genuinely thought that would work). So my dad got out of the car, but he didn't see their faces at all as he had taken off his contact glasses and he has difficulty in distinguishing stuff in dark places, even more than a normal person, but anyways, they thought he was about to beat them up, given that my dad is really tall and does look physically strong, so they both decided to run away and so far, they hadn't shown up again. We called police but I don't think they ever got caught and charged for this failed attempt of theft, but either way, the cops patrolled the neighborhood for the rest of the night, and we installed bars on my AC. Again, I hadn't seen nor heard about them again, but it's still a scary situation if you think about it, and now that I spend most of my time alone at home (no school for the moment) I can't help but think about what to do in case someone successfully broke into my house. At least now I have a dog, and she's very finicky with strangers, so I'm sure she'd go nuts if she heard something from the front or backyards, in a similar manner to your cat.

A couple months ago my parents also spotted a failed attempt of robbery, this time in my front neighbor's house, they noticed something was odd after seeing a red car pass in front of the house like eight consecutive times and because their dog (a bulldog but still a puppy) was roaming around on the street alone, when he is most of the time guarding their entrance inside their garage. Thankfully nothing happened, they notified our neighbor and basically guarded their house for around one and a half hours until he arrived.

Again, I'm glad to read everything went well. Always stay safe :-)

That sounds miserable, Clippy, and I hope you and your family can stay safe from here on out.

Also: marry your wife again - she sounds like an absolute keeper.

Damn, glad its just a weird story to tell. I have a baseball bat just in case, you wont believe how bad

is the situation with squatters in my country. Its horribly common to hear about people that went on vacation

and couldnt get inside their home when they tried to open the lock. That said, Im pretty sure your "coffe guy" wasnt inside your home

to make it his own house, its scarier when you dont know the reason, so yes, lock those doors and get yourself some protection,

maybe an SSG and a chainsaw? or just keep that wooden sewing chair.

Jokes aside, take care bud.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, Clippy said:

She yelled at him to get out and he kept being very stern and sushing her.... and approaching. She stood up and started freaking out at him but he wasn't backing off, not even when she was yelling (or trying to) yell for me. Only when I barreled down the stairs did his demeanor change. What was his actual intentions here?

Pretty terrifying. Thanks for reminding me that I need to put my own family through some defense / preparation drills; they have zero plans to deal with this sort of situation

31 minutes ago, Naarok0fkor said:

You should play with my WAD to relieve the stress...

#ad

can you post a link to the wad?

spoilered since it's not important or really relevant to this thread:

Spoiler

you've plugged your wad (and you have in like 7 other threads) but I can't even find your own wad on Doomworld, unless it's just that far down in your post history

but i've went through 3 pages of your Doomworld activity and cannot find a thread of your wad

I get you're trying to plug your wad, but if you're gonna do that you should at least post it instead of expecting people to go scrape through your post history, unless you did actually post a link but it just got removed somehow

6 hours ago, Paf said:

#ad

can you post a link to the wad?

spoilered since it's not important or really relevant to this thread:

Hide contents

you've plugged your wad (and you have in like 7 other threads) but I can't even find your own wad on Doomworld, unless it's just that far down in your post history

but i've went through 3 pages of your Doomworld activity and cannot find a thread of your wad

I get you're trying to plug your wad, but if you're gonna do that you should at least post it instead of expecting people to go scrape through your post history, unless you did actually post a link but it just got removed somehow

https://www.moddb.com/mods/gzdoom-launcher/downloads/naarok0fkors-walpurgis-frag-2023

Nobody has posted an unaltered with CATvisor youtube video of my work yet...

I just want to thank everyone for the support here - I have read all your messages and appreciate them - I may say more later but about to go for morning walk and busy busy

on a separate note entirely, I'm starting to get a little weary of the playtesting gig and Naarok0fkor this doesnt help. You really had to come in here, probably didn't read and just dismiss my situation just to throw a map at me? HERE!?? No thanks man that's ridiculous - ppl who act like this and just disregard playesters in this way well ... it sucks bro. seriously

If you want someone to look at your map, you ask nicely and in an appropriate way at an appropriate place, respect their time - and know this isnt my job or obligation, it's a nice thing I do for free when I can and I still can't believe you brought your map HERE

yup going for that walk lol

I've been watching even more of your vids as of late, Clippy, but as much as I enjoy seeing you play (new) stuff, if you feel you need to take a break, you gotta do what's best for you. You've always got a home here, mate, whether you're "creating content" or not. For what it's worth, a lot of us really do appreciate that there are folks like yourself that will go the extra mile to record vids on stuff that might have otherwise flown under our radar - even if we're rubbish at vocalising that appreciation :3

3 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

I've been watching even more of your vids as of late, Clippy, but as much as I enjoy seeing you play (new) stuff, if you feel you need to take a break, you gotta do what's best for you. You've always got a home here, mate, whether you're "creating content" or not. For what it's worth, a lot of us really do appreciate that there are folks like yourself that will go the extra mile to record vids on stuff that might have otherwise flown under our radar - even if we're rubbish at vocalising that appreciation :3

Thanks man - appreciate the kind words and support - I still have fun and I want to keep doing it but have to say no more often to keep up. I love this place and plan to stick around but work and other things ramping up soon. So yah sorry for tangent lol just was not expecting a link to map here lol - all good

Always lock your doors folks. We had some creepy old lady recently walking around our neighborhood stopping in front of houses and taking notes on a notepad she was carrying around. No one in the neighbor hood had seen her before or since, scary to think what could be going on.

Good thing nobody got hurt. This is why I lock my doors as well as have doors that are always locked from the outside, motion sensing lights, a security system, a dog, and for the worst case scenario a 12ga shotgun. To some it may seem extreme but it can take the police over 30 minutes to get to my residence, rather have all this and never need it than to need it and not have it. 

2 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Always lock your doors folks. We had some creepy old lady recently walking around our neighborhood stopping in front of houses and taking notes on a notepad she was carrying around. No one in the neighbor hood had seen her before or since, scary to think what could be going on.

Such criminal Clans also send Women with Babies going from Door to Door asking for Milk or something, noting in that Way when People are at Home.
But they normally don't do the Note Taking so obvious.

Some Time (Weeks) later they come with an Transporter or similiar Vehicle that looks like some Company to Move for People or Repair Stuff and take your Belongings in bright Daylight.

Their Victims are mostly in smaller Villages that have a short Way back to the Highway (Autobahn in Germany), so they can exit the Country pretty fast.
I am not sure how much of an Thing this is in the US, Australia or elswhere.
So keep an Eye on your Neighbours, if some TV-Repairing Company is taking Stuff out, take a close look, call your Neighbour and if it stays suspicious, the Police.

I keep thinking about how the guy had a coffee mug

It's actually a great tactic. Everyone lets their down around somebody holding a coffee mug 

Anywho this whole thing just comes with questions that will never be answered

12 minutes ago, Clippy said:

It's actually a great tactic. Everyone lets their down around somebody holding a coffee mug

Man that is a strange and bizarre situation. I’m glad you are both ok though and they caught the weirdo. 

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Anywho this whole thing just comes with questions that will never be answered

I was somehow thinking that it was some of your Mugs, so he came in with its own?
And was it filled? I somehow don't want to know with what, there are some things that are also dark brownish and belong in bigger "Mugs" with a Flush.

This World is crazy.

Jesus man , that’s FUCKED. Sorry that happened to you guys … I’m an obsessive door locker so the idea of an unlocked door is scary on its own. :/

This is why I lock everything all the time and have a firearm ready to go at a moment's notice. Home invasions are way too common and I have no intention of being a victim.