Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy896

do you use cheats in doom?

i use idchoppers when people forget to put chainsaws in their maps! i enjoy teh saw playstyle almost unreasonably

also idbeholda when I have like "Monsters 200/200    Secrets 1/6" but no iddt

there's no stigma to cheats, just call it assist mode lol

Almost never. But if I'm getting frustrated with what I perceive to be a bullshit fight, or a bad spot that I saved, I'll do a quick IDBEHOLDV.

My first introduction to Doom was with the cheats turned on, walking through walls and BFG'ing everything. They're a part of the game.

Nowadays I cheat when I'm cruising through something I've beaten before or testing my own maps out, and IDDT when I'm done killing all the monsters and looking for the last secrets.

Why call them cheats? Call them by their real names: Funny Codes That Allow You To Have Some Right Sick Stuff Happen To Your Game

I use god mode in situations where I’m either getting jumped by cacodemons in map 2 or I don’t have any ammo and there are a bunch of demons

Only one I use during actual playthroughs is iddt if I cant find out how to progress.

Other than that I use idclip for testing maps and occasionally I will just mess around with stuff like iddqd and idkfa

for figuring out runs yeah, ill often use buddha mode to try and figure out the most viable route in a fight, and ofc noclip for secret hunting, but apart from just sorta trying to figure out a route for a playthrough, no, i dont cheat, i'm a good girl.

Just now, fruity lerlups said:

for figuring out runs yeah, ill often use buddha mode to try and figure out the most viable route in a fight, and ofc noclip for secret hunting, but apart from just sorta trying to figure out a route for a playthrough, no, i dont cheat, i'm a good girl.

also i have a save on Map12 of NewGothic called "Double Tap" for practicing my cyberdemon combat that i use buddha mode on so I can get a good grip on when i've failrd but keep practicing on the cyboys

On 12/15/2023 at 7:38 AM, DNSKILL5 said:

No I use cheats in real life instead. 

my bf calls taking tren iddqd and burglary idkfa and large data theft "iddt" and says he's just "testing the limits of the engine", i think i'm dating a high functioning sociopath

On 12/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, Doomguy896 said:

im planning tomorrow to play the whole classic doom with bfg using unlimited ammo and god mode on hehe

Better start using "Hey, not too rough" otherwise it'll get too demanding, even for a vet like you.

I do use cheats from time to time, aside from IDCLEV to pistol starts:

- IDDT when some secrets resists my senses for too long (but I will probably using IDBEHOLDA instead, thanks for the tip!),

- IDCLIP when the author deliberately forbids the player from backtracking for stupid reasons. I may have a very large array of maps I can like and enjoy (from plutonia style to Bob Evans puzzling exravaganza, from pure vanilla hardcore to GZDoom full conversions), but backtracking restrictions are red flags for me.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:03 PM, Doomguy896 said:

im planning tomorrow to play the whole classic doom with bfg using unlimited ammo and god mode on hehe

Yep! Been there, done that!

But usually I play with saves if map is difficult or long. I'll also use the map cheat, particularly if I find myself running around not knowing where to go. Occasionally, I'll IDDT if I can't find a key.

Sometimes I think "it has been a while since I inflicted emotional pain on myself" and I will pick a random 1990s WAD and play through it. Some of those require cheating to finish due to the outstanding mapping skill and quality standards exhibited in WADs from that era.

I kinda do, but usually only with mods/mapwads. I have beat Doom and Doom 2 without cheats, only quicksaves. I don’t blame people that use cheats though, unless you have RCON in a deathmatch and decide to godmode yourself.

Cheating can be fun sometimes.

Open console

freeze

god

summon cyberdemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

summonfriend cacodemon

freeze

Close console

Enjoy the battle!

I will sometimes use cheats (mainly no clip) if I'm trying to figure out how to access a secret area. Usually I'll have an idea of what to do, going through the walls can confirm or deny.

I'm quite the fan of resurrect, especially since I have a habit of not saving

On 12/10/2023 at 3:03 PM, Doomguy896 said:

All the time and I am not proud of it.

No, not really; except when I’m doing clean-up: looking for secrets I might use my newfound love IDDST. I might also IDCLIP when I’m already done with the map, and the map layout has me go through some loop for the nth time and I don’t want to do it again, but that depends on my mood and time and how much I like the map.

Other than, only for tourism and research purposes, not ”actual” play.

Prodigiously when testing; IDCLIP and IDKFA/IDDQD are used when testing map functionality (so everything but the monsters). NOTARGET helps with that.

Never during a normal playthrough no. But as said above if I need to test something out ( without saving after cheating ) or want to find a secret that's nowhere to be found on internet ( will reload save after idclipping ).