Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2024 - EXEMPLARY CADAVER (Compiling mode engaged, please stand by)

List of mapping candidates has been updated!

2 hours ago, CrazedCleric said:

Quick question though. Can we make teleport closets outside of the 1024x space which teleport monsters into it?

Yep, that's perfectly fine. 👍

We wouldn't have to concern ourselves with Sky Transfer actions, right? I would imagine that would amount to all sorts of confusion.

8 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

We wouldn't have to concern ourselves with Sky Transfer actions, right? I would imagine that would amount to all sorts of confusion.

Yeah, you don't gotta worry about that. If there's any fracas to do with sky transfers, I'll handle it in post.

Hell yeah I'll map for this.

11 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

(I'll be pinged when it's my turn to map yes?)

Eeyup! I'll try and make sure that everyone gets a turn as well, it's only fair.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention: each map will start with the bottom-right corner as the first map piece and then build out from there. I only just realized that I didn't specify that earlier, apologies for that.

Done mine as well. That was fun.

gzdoom_05_02_24_05_28_26.jpg.c7a0a1aee4a746a9ff96e076fb9093c9.jpg

Oh damn, y'all were quick! I'll announce the next three mappers in about an hour. :D

2 hours ago, kwc said:

Done mine as well. That was fun.

gzdoom_05_02_24_05_28_26.jpg.c7a0a1aee4a746a9ff96e076fb9093c9.jpg

what is that shader? Beautiful.

Alright, snap executive decision: I'll announce the names of the next three mappers after I've gotten a good night's sleep, heh. Stay tuned!

The wheel has selected...

Messages have been sent with the relevant details. Your 48 hours starts now!

As an aside, try not to have more than two openings on any given side of your map: the openings you provide dictate to some degree how other people's map pieces will turn out, so it helps to not make things too complex for them.

Against all good judgements, sign me in! I'll see to do something...

Sign me up as well. I love this concept, but I do have a few days where I know I will be unable to map. If that happens I will try to let you know Obsidian so you can pass the baton to someone who is ready, and hopefully my name will be put back in the hat.

Posted (edited)

Texture set looks sharp, and been wanting to join MAYhem but had no experience or drive with ETERNITY last year. I'll take a slot when it comes up.

Alright, we have our next three submissions! Here's a pic of the last one:

Spoiler

image.png

I'll select the next two mappers in a few hours, so watch this space!

Please let me in when you can! This does look like good fun.

Loving the premise this year! I debated joining this for a while seeing as I still have unfulfilled commitments in other projects, but given the nature of the project and the stricter time limit per mapper, I think I'll be able to do something for this. Pen me in!

Alright, so first hiccup in the process! I just got a message from MercedesBenhart saying that they aren't able to submit their map piece, so once the time limit is up for NiGHTS108 I'll be selecting one new mapper to tackle the missing piece: unfortunately I can't assign the last piece of the map without both of the adjoining pieces, so this will hold up progress a bit. This is always kind of a hazard when it comes to relay mapping projects, so I'm not too surprised to see it happen.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

Alright, so first hiccup in the process! I just got a message from MercedesBenhart saying that they aren't able to submit their map piece, so once the time limit is up for NiGHTS108 I'll be selecting one new mapper to tackle the missing piece: unfortunately I can't assign the last piece of the map without both of the adjoining pieces, so this will hold up progress a bit. This is always kind of a hazard when it comes to relay mapping projects, so I'm not too surprised to see it happen.

Map will be finished in the next 15 minutes.

2 minutes ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Map will be finished in the next 15 minutes.

I will allow this. 🗿

Alright, cheers very much NiGHTS for getting your map piece in! A quick spin of the wheel and our next person is...

@Walter confetti!

I've sent you the relevant details in a DM. Your 48 hours has begun!