Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

most satisfying dead body

Well, both actually, Shapeless. A demon can only be resurrected or respawned if its ending death frame has a duration of -1. If you loop the frames into themselves, you'll disable revival.

Shapeless said:

also something about the pink demon's dead body looks odd. besides the fact he should fall forward.

What do you mean? If you shoot it from the front it should fall backward (well, depending on the force caused by the business end of your weapon.)

Squall said:

Well, this is a 2-D game and it's using sprites. Don't expect it to be realistic.

Agreed. Doom3 looks more realistc than Doom/Final Doom/Doom 2 ever will.

I like the monsters that disappear when they die..the lost skulls and pain elementals...That's very satisfying since they're pain in the asses when they always are trying to strike you..especially with fast monsters.

I love when the Spider Demon dies! It comes crashing down, pieces of metal start coming out of its sick looking head, blood pours everywhere.

CacoCaddy said:

I love when the Spider Demon dies! It comes crashing down, pieces of metal start coming out of its sick looking head, blood pours everywhere.

Raunchy

Anyway the Baron of Hell and Archvile death sounds are kickass.

Best Animation for a death: Mancubus. Hands down. Most frames that all look awesome and a very original death.

Most Satisfying: Either the spider mastermind(after all of your hard shooting work he finally crushes into a mass of exploding machinery and guts, VICTORY!) or the arachnotron. When you shoot him with the SSG or some similar type of gun, it actually feels like you're blowing his head off and his guts are spilling out.

All this talk about dead bodies has got me started on a miniature sculpt of one. I won't tell you which one until I finish it. but it is like 4" tall.. if it were standing. and it's half done and baked!

I fi remember correctly..the spidermastermind had this creepy I'm looking at you, but I'm dead stare in his eye's.

I think the Former Humans' death are ultimately unsatisfying, IMO. They scream or groan and fall backwards. Well the chaingunner kinda falls apart, but still.

Most satisfying is the death of an archie since I HATE THIS MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE REANIMATING ALL I'VE KILLED!!!

But best looking are those of gibbing former humans, imps and Doomguys...

I think they all have their perks, but I can't get enough of the Arachnotron's. It looks and sounds so delightfully final.

It almost looks at you in contempt before it falls to pieces.

CtrlAltDestroy said:

Personally, I think that the Aracnatron has the most satisfying sound + animation when you kill it.

Oh yes. It sounds like someone hit it with a bat. I just love that sound effect, works well with it's cerebral noggin popping open and spilling out like a raw egg. Damn, now I'm hungry.

My favorite? The Mancubus. When you kill it the first part of the animation is it's skull blowing apart. I just love it. I prefer to finish them off with the super shotgun because it's so fitting for that part. Then the brain and eyes flopping down as it's skin practically melts off of it is great.