Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

I will do a second map. What with school and all it will probably be a few weeks more before you see it, but I imagine that I can find a little time at night to work on it.

Also, I'd rather not do MAP30, since I highly doubt I can meet the kind of epic-ness needed for a final map.

Ok. I'll give a definite yes for another map.

The map will probably sit around level 18-20 or so , just to give an idea.

Yes, I have plenty of time. I will make a map.

Yes.

And itsa gonna be..... TECH THEMED WOO!!

I have a plan for map30 but i need to get 31 done first.

Ok, so all the slots have been filled now. I see no one is doing map 30, so I guess I'll do that instead of finishing Alter's map. My other map will most likely be MAP29, so it would be cute if both my maps were consecutive anyhow.

As far as Alter's map is concerned, if anyone elects to complete that instead, that's fine. Otherwise, he failed to complete it himself, so I'm not willing to work around that at this point. It can be completed for 1024-3 if someone wants to do it then. To those who submitted maps and have not gotten a report back yet, I should be able to get everyone's reports done right after I leave from typing this. We're almost there, just a few more maps left to do.

[Edit]I see Mionic has a MAP30 idea, but Mik57 beat you to the last slot. You ought to save the idea for 1024-3 (i guess you can start it if you want... I'm not sure how much longer 1024-2 will take, but it seems to be winding down.)[/Edit]

Actually i dont mind wrapping up alters unfinished map. (DD If you plan on shutting me down again i wont get ticked as long as you give me feedback on map 31)

TheMionicDonut said:

Actually i dont mind wrapping up alters unfinished map. (DD If you plan on shutting me down again i wont get ticked as long as you give me feedback on map 31)

If there was an award for the most broken, error-ridden map submitted, you won that one by a long shot. Why do you think it's taking me so long? I can tell you tested this thing in Zdoom because of all the Zdoom-isms. And the ammo balance and gameplay suggest that it wasn't tested much beyond the presentable level. Give me like a half-hour and I'll have your rather lengthy testing report ready. I gather you'll be busy fixing your current map rather than claiming extra slots. You're definitely not doing a good job getting on my good side by rushing me bugtesting your broken map for you.

Death-Destiny said:

You're definitely not doing a good job getting on my good side by rushing me bugtesting your broken map for you.

I dont want you to take this the wrong way, but i dont really care if im on the wrong side of somebody i know on the internet... Il try to explain myself anyway.

That message aside, I DID test with ZDoom seeing as i never used boom until last week and (in my defense) I had never had any compatability issues with previous maps until now (I will test any future maps i make with boom after this. I'll fix up whatever errors for the next one. I'm sorry for rushing you, but i can only make any progress on weekends for a bit, with school and all, and i know the homework is going to hit me like a ton of bricks when it comes along. This weekend I should be able to do stuff though. Thank you for getting back to this sooner rather than later :)

Well, maybe Mionic and I can work on it together. He can do the base level, and Ill polish it up and detail it, maybe balance it, etc.

Also, which map slot am I? low, or high?

Mik, that's between you and Mionic. There's no rule that says that a map can't be co-authored. Just bear in mind that there's 1024-3 in the near future if the current line-up doesn't have any problems finishing up, and you've already done 2 maps for 1024-2 if you want to give someone else your slot. As for your current mapslot, it's irrelavant at this point. Just don't worry about it and map however you want. We have a pretty even number of easy, medium, and hard maps already.

@ Mionic: Yeah, you obviously don't care what others think of you, and that's a good quality, IMO, but you don't have to disregard favors others do for you and make jackass comments to prove it. You just need to fix your map and resubmit it to me and Mech. Speaking of which, are you going to fix it up on your own and get the new version checked or do you want the list of things I found to work off of? I was going to PM you the list, but that would be pointless if you make a lot of changes on your own.

Sorry about the "ass-like" comments, I was not having a good night. I see no need to really go into the reasons why, but simply put I would find it more convenient to have a list seeing as it would take me so much longer to find it in Boom on my own.

I can finish up Alterz second map.

TheMionicDonut said:

I can finish up Alterz second map.

Go for it! :P anyway, i'm not mapping much lastly and dark caliber demo has been delayed a bit because i'm lazy... later

25 maps done, huh? Wow, I should start on some of those graphic replacements I promised I would attempt to make.

Heres a shot of a new area in Alters' second map.

I've finished the layout, now I just need to get the rest of my area up to detail par and it willl be good to go.

Mik57 said:

The red key is sitting next to the red door? Other than that, not bad.

You never know. I wonder how many Arch-viles appear between you and it when you attempt to grab this seemingly innocuously placed key. =P

Death-Destiny said:

You never know. I wonder how many Arch-viles appear between you and it when you attempt to grab this seemingly innocuously placed key. =P

If youve played either of my other maps you know how tragically true that statement is (I was rather nice on this map compared to my other installation to this wad) Not to say that there won't be an archvile to greet you, maybe even two...or five.

Anyway, To answer your question Mik57, the red door is simply to take you back into the central room quicker, you'll understand once you play it.

In the meantime, heres another lovely pic.

Hey TheMionicDonut, i wasn't able to play my map modified by you only in zdoom/st because even with 1024tx v05 it says FLAT15 is missing and makes crash prboom+

TheMionicDonut:
Better still, you could set up some teleport linedefs around the red key pedestal (also some to lower the red key out of sight when you return to the door) then take the player to an area with a different, and hopefully harder to get, red key. Requiem's "Deep Down Below" is a great example of this kind of sneakiness.

Good Idea, but we still only have a 1024x1024 area to work with. It would be difficult to make that, unless there is still a bunch of room.