Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

Wait who's taking the place? I saw it said <untitled by someone> and I took that as being empty. Who has it then?

EDIT: nvm I just noticed that some mappers have two spots. :(

JohnnyRancid... <untitled by someone> means that someone has booked the spot, but hasn't submitted a finished map yet. So all the spots are filled at the mo. If anyone drops out tho, I think you are first in line... :)

Oh, and thanks Mik57 for the comments on my screenies. :)

JohnnyRancid said:

:(

One or more might drop out thus leaving you a space. There was also talk of having another 1024 megawad after this possibly so you could maybe use it for that.

Ha ha.. my map is completely awesome imo (I know I previously wrote it sucked but, um, just ignore that). Nearing completion.

another 1024 wad?? cool......

<-- volunteers for the next one early. I've already got a map finished for it!! :P

gggmork said:

There was also talk of having another 1024 megawad after this possibly so you could maybe use it for that.

That's probably what we ought to do. Ever since all of Claustrophobia's slots were claimed, there have still been several more people who have expressed interest. I expect, if some people from this project also participate in the next, that there will be more than enough participation for another 1024 megaWAD. More maps is never a bad thing for anyone. ;-)

I'd be happy to join another of these 1024 megawads. I really like community projects.

Is it possible to have more than 32 maps and still have it be Boom compatible? It seems like I saw a Boom-compat wad that had 32+ maps...not sure though, but if the opportunity arises, we could possibly just have more than 32 maps.

Also regarding the BIGFONT, I agree that the white letters looks a bit off. If folks aren't happy with it (I think it looks pretty cool but maybe just a little glossy and not very Doom-esqe), then I'll go ahead and try my hand at a new font. I've made about 15 different fonts so I've got a pretty good handle on how to make it look good in-game. We'll see though, it is a pretty tedious and time-consuming process.

esselfortium said:

You can include as many maps as you want, but Boom won't be able to play any of the extra ones.

Aha...well that sorta defeats the purpose then :P

@Mechadon: How about I send you my font, and you can see if you can improve it at all? I used my hudmessage method to make the patches with ZDoom, so I'll send you the WAD I used. Perhaps try CR_WHITE instead of CR_UNTRANSLATED for the white ones? Maybe white would look better on the menu than red?

In any case, check your PMs in a while. :P

Back to what Dutch said, do we really need a new font? The standard font is already pretty solid. The perfect way to make a project seem tacky is to include a font that the audience will look to skeptically. Besides for the title pic, the font is the next thing that will make a first impression, not to mention it will be present throughout the megaWAD.

I personally feel that it's unneccesary and it increases the workload.
If you people really want a new font, that's cool, but it would need to be pretty kickass, though, as it will make the first impression even before map01 does, making it one of the megaWAD's most important features that needs to be taken rather seriously.

@Jimbo: Check your PM box.

@Death-Destiny: Sure, that's fine with me...most of the fonts I've made aren't even being used, so if I make something for this and it isn't used, it's not a big deal at all. I enjoy good looking graphic replacements...emphasis on good looking though. To me, it helps to distinguish a wad from others, which is always a good thing. Of course, I'll reiterate; it only works if it looks good and doesn't clash with the rest of the wad.

Anywho, I'm going to work with Jimbo's current font and see if I can't tweak it a bit. I think it will look just fine if the highlighting is toned down a bit (and I may do some other tweaks to it, not sure). We'll see...I'm probably going to make a smallfont equivalent too, even if it's not used in this project.

If this is the case, and we are going to do another one of these, then I have no problem whatsoever if you give my mapslot to JohnnyRancid, since he already has his done. Like I said, if we are indeed doing another one after this one, that is. ;)

Really it doesn't bother me to wait a bit before my map is released. I just want it to be in a 1024 megawad project, because to me, these maps are just a bit too small to work well on their own outside of a megawad.

So yeah. :)

Nuxius said:

I just want it to be in a 1024 megawad project, because to me, these maps are just a bit too small to work well on their own outside of a megawad.

So yeah. :)

They can make a good starter map to a small mapset if they aren't too difficult. There's really no rule that says maps must be such and such a length and where they should be put. Making 1024 maps actually taught me that smaller maps can be as exciting as big maps if made properly. We all usually get this idea in our heads that every level must be grandiose or it isn't exciting. Not necessarily true.

Try mapping with a 1024 mindset, only without the limitation itself. You might be pleasantly surprised with what you end up with.

POTGIESSER said:

Try mapping with a 1024 mindset, only without the limitation itself. You might be pleasantly surprised with what you end up with.

<--quickly grabs this idea and runs out of the room and slaps a patent on it before anyone else sees it.

Good luck on getting a patent for a neurological state that can only be achieved on an individual basis. Unless you've some kind of self-help Doom mapping system in the works *sargasms*

Sargasm - A non existent word used to reflect self pleasure achieved through usage of sarcasm

"I would like to announce that I was totally serious in regards to gaining a patent on Potgeissers idea, and definitely was not at all merely paying a ccompliment on an idea well expressed."

Hmmm.... You know this sargasm thing is pretty cool. I could get used to it. :P

...All of a sudden I feel a strange need to have a cigarette.

Im still interested in this, but I've scrapped my scroll project but am still making map31.

The map is called Somewhere Thats Green, and whatever you are thinking about it...it is probably 100% correct.

BEHOLD!

Somewhere near the beginning (Though you wont see it from this angle)

Whats a green map without a toxic waste area?

Mik57 said:

So.. Hows this project coming? Its been 19/32 maps done for a while nowz.

Unfortunately. All the expeditious people got done with theirs, so now we wait for the lazy ones. Get busy, you lazy bums. >:|

JK..., but do get some work done. ;-P

Oh, Kingkill, you need to check your e-mail more frequently. I sent you one about why your map crashes Boom that you need to attend to.

@ MionicDonut: The all green thing would make a neat secret map if well executed. Keep at it.

I wonder if JohnnyRancid still wanted to contribute a map. I bet he doesn't check this thread anymore, so I'll have to PM him. =/

Just wondering is there any more than 19/32 maps submitted?. Its been 19/32 for a couple of weeks now.

pcorf said:

Just wondering is there any more than 19/32 maps submitted?. Its been 19/32 for a couple of weeks now.

LOL.

Quick, somebody call Captain Obvious! :p

pcorf said:

I honestly don't know. I'll have to look into this intruiging topic. Despite the constantly updated numbers listed in the first post, it's really rather difficult to judge what the project's current progress is, ATM.

It's quite honestly up for discussion. Who can say if the project is really at 19/32?

TheMionicDonut said:

and whatever you are thinking about it...it is probably 100% correct.

Well..... I think it looks great. And I am, of course, 100% correct. Green ammo boxes, green walls. No doubt there is a green armor somewhere on the level. This wad gets my "Award for services to a secondary color." as well. :P

I've actually started on my map. Having been gone for a while I didn't really have a chance to start, but I have a concept to work off of now and I should have something for submission...at some point.

I like all that has been shown so far...and the texture pack also. :)