Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Claustrophobia 1024: The Sequal to Congestion 1024

ok after waiting all that time to spend 15 minutes in DB to finish my map, i have come to notify that i am done... i shall send the map to death destiny.

PM'd a small revision to DD and M.
Also I guess I'll take the level music from doom2 map 28. I think my map still needs to be 'fused' to the texture file but not sure.

Work on my map is slow, what with school and all, but it's progressing. I'm not sure I can take any good screenshots quite yet but that may be possible soon.

I'm having difficulty making a 3D bridge...

Fine tuning the gameplay, doing difficulty settings and Boom compatibility now, otherwise pretty much done.

I've started on my map again. Yup.

I also made a font a few days ago (not specifically for this though, just more or less for the hell of it). I thought that if I liked how it came out I might contribute it to this. Unfortunately I think it looks like ass, oh well :p. I am still planning on making a completely from-scratch font replacement just for this project though. When I have a finished product, I'll post up screenshots (same goes for the map).

Well damn...triple post-a-tron GO!

Made a smallfont for this. It's loosely based off of the DeepZ font made for KDiZD and it's clean and easy to read. It looks pretty good in Boom too, though I don't know if the lower-case glyphs will work in it :P

I would have made a BIGFONT too, but it's getting too late and I've got to get up early in the morning. I WILL make a BIGFONT equivalent eventually though when I get more freetime. Feedback on it is very appreciated though!

I'm probably about a third of the way done with my map. I had some technical issues and school has been slowing my progress, but it is definitely getting done. :) I may give screenshots at some point...

see: school blows

@jimbo: Yea maybe, depends on if I can actually make it look any better or not (I don't think it looks bad now, but it seems that most of the guys here weren't too keen on using it for this). More than likely I'll just make it look worse, but we'll see :p

*edit*

Got the rest of my school work caught up pretty early, so here's some progress on Map07:

The top-left corner is where the most recent work has been done. About 25-ish% done I'd say.

It maybe an odd question but what map editor has a brown background like that? I have not seen that before. Map looks interesting though, almost death-matchy ;)

That's Doom builder. In the Configuration dialog box, go to the Colors tab.

Ooh, I did not realize you could change the colors in DB, thanks. That's pretty awesome. You learn something everyday :)

Yea, I use a different color scheme because I have a hard time using the default for some reason...its a bit much on my eyes to distinguish some of the colors.

StupidBunny said:

I'm colorblind. :Þ

Really?

Also, on my DB, everything is turned to white. It takes a TRUE mapper to map with that!

1 more thing, is it possible to release a demo of this?

AFAIK Being color blind doesn't really mean you see stuff in black and white though. It's more a matter of not being able to distinguish certain colors from each other. Like most commonly red and green.