Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

DTWID: Project is done, check the release thread

Marcaek said:

I was messing around with visual style combinations in DB, I came up with something that involves a lot of PIPE, METAL1, and REDWALL\RW1. Nothing really came of it but perhaps I'll go back to it.

Care to post a screenie?

Turns out I didn't get as much done on it as I thought :\

Anyway, the idea was to have a very heavy industrial theme, with a lot of metal and stone, but done differently than E4's rusted goth look. There was some SP_HOT and REDWALL1 contrasting with PIPE and METAL.

Lorenzo said:

In the Xaser index we have 44 maps, most part completed.

I think we can really start finalising this project.

Hmm. On that note, I've been really latent in putting up something along those lines. Might have to wait a week until I'm no longer ridiculo-busy, though.

Mr. Freeze said:

Anyone looking to collaborate on e3m8?

Damn, more competition for that slot :(

Marnetmar said:

E3M8, huh? Here's something I managed to cook up in about fifteen minutes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k952308bhkubdsk

I call it...Nucleo Interno.

I still think we should switch the spiderdemon and cyberdemon around but oh well.

Nucleo Interno... I love Italian names!!!

Lorenzo

Marnetmar said:

I still think we should switch the spiderdemon and cyberdemon around but oh well.

That map is going to need a lot of work before it becomes viable. The good news is that I see a lot of potential in it. Give me a day or two and I'll adjust it accordingly.

Mr. Freeze said:

That map is going to need a lot of work before it becomes viable. The good news is that I see a lot of potential in it. Give me a day or two and I'll adjust it accordingly.

Sweet! I'll be excited to see the finished result.

Marnetmar said:

I like how you made the lava inescapable. All inescapable pits suck, but id did use them, and I think this is the only place where they'd be suitable.

However, this was way too easy with the BFG; I was able to beat it in a few seconds with IDFA.

Also, I think the face texture will cause a tutti fruti in vanilla doom (I only tested with zdoom though)

Also, having the last map in a pentagram is cool, especially since I did it first you no-good idea-stealing hack!!! :p

BTW, I think a good name for my E3M8 would be "core"

Hah, thanks and yikes, I had no idea my map was that similar to yours! I'd never even played yours before until you mentioned it :P

Yea, I believe SP_FACE1 is 96 units tall so anything more will cause tutti-frutti.

Well, I've decided that I'm going to make the "new" Recycling Plant be an E1M2 map (now I need to decide another name for it) and keep the current one as E1M3 (with a few changes of course).

Here's a little preview video, sorry for the horrible quality, that's on Youtube's end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3yITexyOVw

Also I have no clue who that other marnetmar guy is or how we coincidentally came up with the same usernames.

Just went through Iori's "Logic Core", 40oz's "Cooling Towers" and Mithran's "Pumping Station" and they're all fantastic. Iori should contribute more to this project, that map was one of the best classic maps I've ever played.

Mr. Freeze said:

E3M8 updated. Get it at: http://www.mediafire.com/?7d0z1s3kfdyniw4

TBH, I'm really not feeling the layout. If you don't mind, I'd like to use my own design.

I actually really like what you did! The only problem is that I had to noclip into the arena.

I don't really see the point in completely changing my design, though. I'd at least want it to be recognizable. But if you want to, be my guest.

Windowpain said:

Just went through Iori's "Logic Core", 40oz's "Cooling Towers" and Mithran's "Pumping Station" and they're all fantastic. Iori should contribute more to this project, that map was one of the best classic maps I've ever played.

You silver-tongued devil! Actually I was working on an E2 map but I am not happy with it at all. Imagine the scatterbrained mess of a Sandy Petersen map without any of the redeeming gameplay.
I am however seriously considering making an E4 map, with the wood/marble/orange sky theme being one that I naturally gravitate towards.

Marnetmar said:

I actually really like what you did! The only problem is that I had to noclip into the arena.

I don't really see the point in completely changing my design, though. I'd at least want it to be recognizable. But if you want to, be my guest.

I'll keep the basic shape unchanged. Right now, it plays well ENOUGH, but I still think it's too narrow.

If you want, you can work on weapon/item balance (currently, ammo is too anemic to make a pistol start work correctly) while I adjust the architecture. Up to you, though.

Bonus question: Which map is the best IYO E1, E2, E3 classic gameplay from Xaser's page?

DoomHero85 said:

Good Idea Archvile78. Done. Now the BFG is damn-hard to get. Good luck everyone. It is now very well hidden, and I added another secret.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/crcse3rmyledjbe/Sheol%27s%20Spiraling%20Descent.wad

DoomHero, is this your most recent version of your level? Maybe you've made a fixed version since, but this particular version of your level is broken in vanilla, and also PrBoom when running under Ultimate DOOM compatibility (and presumably v1.9 compatibility, as well). The wall (sector 97, specifically) that's supposed to lower shortly after you go through the blue door instead gets stuck, since the Lost Souls are trapped inside it. You'll need to increase the ceiling height/lower the floor height of that sector in order to give the Lost Souls clearance so they don't get trapped.