Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Hey man I'm having shitty mappers block and getting raped by my college course, could you open up my slot rather than me making a half arsed map just for the sake of being in the project, I might still do a map but at this point I dont want to let anyone down. Thanks :)

Marnetmar said:

I guess I have a long way to go then!

Not necessarily.

For a long time between my early works and what I make now, I was messing around with other engines and still toying with figuring out what looked good in terms of map layout and style. Since I was more passive than active in the world of level design, it took me more time than necessary to figure out what works and what doesn't, and in talking to artists and other people outside the medium of "interactive world design" you pick up things like what colors go well together or figuring out aesthetic balance.

Heck, I'm STILL not sure if I've figured it out, yet, but I can only improve, I suppose. There are tons of mappers out there that are a hell of a lot better at this than I am.

Really nice screenies guys. Am itching to play those! :-)

As for reporting my progress, I've finished my Poison Ivy 3 map :D

Some areas do have Visplane Overflow but should be easily fixed (which I am sorta figuring out.. after I get some sleep). Difficulty is perhaps hectic but has its calm moments too. Shouldn't be that frustrating :P. It'll be my last doom map I'll make (apart from the Grotto, which is yet to be polished).

I'll like to say I won't be working on that Map32 with whoever's working on it as I won't have the time to do so.

And just to notify, we do have 20 maps completed. However, out of those, I have only received Map1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,12,13,14,17,18,19,21 and 25 final versions. I'm hoping the others that have completed their maps are working on their final versions, and those who hasn't sent to me, should do so. If you have sent it to me already but not of the mapslot I mentioned, I may have missed it and will need you to resend it.

It is nearly October! Two months before our 'deadline'! Keep up the good work people. :-)

Joshy said:

I'll like to say I won't be working on that Map32 with whoever's working on it as I won't have the time to do so.

Well...second time that's happened. I will make the map myself if no one is willing to collaborate or if anyone else is willing to make a brand new MAP32 since this one has been abandoned a couple of times. Only time will tell...

I will try to have a functional version of my map (map30) by friday.
* I will need 2-3 test-players. I haven't played many doom maps this year so it is hard for me to judge the difficulty.

The map is very short and straight forward. The end-boss looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself :-).

If anyone is interested please e-mail me (see my profile at the bottom of this post).

I will also upload a new version of the resource wad. The current one has some incompatibilty problems with the Plutonia.wad.

* Question: What is going to happen with the map titles that are displayed on the intermission screen? And what about the credit screen? I can make these if no-one else already claimed them.

t.v. said:

I will try to have a functional version of my map (map30) by friday.
* I will need 2-3 test-players. I haven't played many doom maps this year so it is hard for me to judge the difficulty.

The map is very short and straight forward. The end-boss looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself :-).

If anyone is interested please e-mail me (see my profile at the bottom of this post).

I will also upload a new version of the resource wad. The current one has some incompatibilty problems with the Plutonia.wad.

* Question: What is going to happen with the map titles that are displayed on the intermission screen? And what about the credit screen? I can make these if no-one else already claimed them.

The main testers of this wad is Belial, dew, Tendamonsta, Hawkwind and Snakes. I would suggest them to test as they've done quite a good job so far.

If you can make those titles displayed on the intermission screen, that would be greatly appreciated. :-) I can send you the final list of the map names and the credits when the project is about finished? Do you check your email more than your doomworld account? If so, I'll email you the list.

EDIT: On a related note, would anyone be happy to do the dehacked/.deh for the project?

Structure complete, and population is underway.

I'll do the DEHACKED lump. Just titles, correct?

Also, when the time for compiling credits comes, I would like to be credited as "Matt Tropiano," same as everything else I've done.

I am making a new version of the resource wad. The one I originally made and uploaded was called PRCP01.wad

I noticed the resource wad on the first page however is named "PRCP02b.zip".
I cannot download it. It gives me an error message.
So I'd like to know which changes were made to get from 01 to 02b.

And is there another way/link to get 02b?

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
The new version of the resource wad (03) is here:
RESOURCE WAD-03

It is based of version 2b.
Additions:
* Included textures for the new end-boss ("TVICON#")
* Replaced flats: SWATER#
* Included an end picture (BOSSBACK)
* Included a help screen (HELP)

I have a question: who made the "LFALL#" textures that were added in version 02? I will need to know for the credits.

---
Furthermore I finished the beta of map30 and will send them to the test-players tonight :-)
[edit]Just send it to Xaser, dew, tendamonsta and belail (I was too lazy to look up the other email adresses)[/edit]

Here is screenshot of map30:

T.V. I received your map by accident when you were e-mailing me the resource pack to use on my "other" project. I took time to test the map out and I loved it! I sent you a breakdown of my feedback via e-mail :-)

In my testing, I just came across a really bad bug in Chocolate Doom (so maybe, Doom 2 1.9, then). Forgive me if this is already known, but it looks like Mancubus and Revenant Fireballs seem to trigger walk-over linedefs, or at the very least special 88 (WR Lift Lower, Wait, Raise).

It looks like this is a bug in Doom 1.2, and fixed in 1.9, but it's happening in Chocolate Doom only for these specific types of projectiles. What the heck is up with this? Is there a switch that I need to set on the command line?

This is normal (although perhaps undesirable) behaviour for Doom 2. Mancubus and revenants projectiles can trigger some special lines and the same also applies for Arachnotron plasma. These projectiles are missing from the bit that checks which missiles shouldn't trigger lines. They can also trigger types 39, 97, 125, 126, 4, 10 as well.

Maybe this could be useful for some concept or trick.

Edit: Types 39, 97, 125, 126 start to trigger but won't actually trigger because there is a later check for missiles to prevent them teleporting.

Oh, well. I can find a way around it, if need be.

Also, I want to take either MAP24 or MAP27 for this, as it would fit that slot nicely. Testers, be on the lookout for the map, probably this weekend.

PRIMEVAL, you want to do the music?

EDIT: I'm thinking something fast-paced would work well.

@tv

I had compiled ( not authored ) BLODGR* in PRCP02b.wad used for the lavaflow. This has now changed in PRCP03.wad. Any reason for this? Authors might have to amend their wads now. Now the LFALL* textures are useless.

BTW nice new patches :)

Also, has anyone noticed the patch M_OPTION ? It is all screwed up. Interestingly, it is also screwed up in plutonia/tnt iwads. Yet the doom2/doom iwads render this fine.

Any reason? Should this be fixed ?

I guess you are using XWE. In XWE M_OPTION displays incorrectly for some reason.
AFAIK There is no problem with M_OPTION itself.

Mista_T said:

Oh, well. I can find a way around it, if need be.

Also, I want to take either MAP24 or MAP27 for this, as it would fit that slot nicely. Testers, be on the lookout for the map, probably this weekend.

PRIMEVAL, you want to do the music?

EDIT: I'm thinking something fast-paced would work well.

Yeah, I can cook something up. Just send me the map when ready ;-)

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

PRIMEVAL, I also have a request. Could you make a remix of 'waltz of the demons'?

Hm, I might be able to. I'll see what I can come up with.

Hello all. I just wanted to say that I am not dead and I have been occupied and I will get right away on my map.

I just have a single question...When exactly is the deadline for the maps. I'm not going to apologize for being absent because real life comes first.

I believe it was December, but the sooner a map gets finished, the sooner it can be tested.

EDIT: In speaking of which, the first version of "Dance with the Devil" was sent to testers. Check your PMs!

hello everyone
here is some screens about my map

85% done
And just following 15% things are still undone
one small room
some brightness adjustment
skill 2/3/4 monster, items placement
fix some the texture misalignment

the map will use custom music which is from (plution 2 map 11 or sunder map5)
all pics are captured from zdoom
hope u like the shots, thanks

Nice shots evocalvin.

I've just put my map in for testing and hope to get MAP24 or MAP27 if possible like Mista_T.

Plenty of good screenies here. :)

I'll try to do map 32, if possible.
Map name : Go 4 It As Well
Music : custom

By the way, PRIMEVAL, I also have a request for you. Here's a link to the SNES version of "Nobody told me about id", and I really like this tune, much more than the original midi.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find / create a faithful midi version of it. Do you think you can make it for me, please ? :)
Jimmy91's "Nobody told me about Plutonia" is damn great but it's not what I have in mind for this map.
Thanks in advance.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
By the way, PRIMEVAL, I also have a request for you. Here's a link to the SNES version of "Nobody told me about id", and I really like this tune, much more than the original midi.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find / create a faithful midi version of it. Do you think you can make it for me, please ? :)
Jimmy91's "Nobody told me about Plutonia" is damn great but it's not what I have in mind for this map.
Thanks in advance.

lol I'll see what I can do!

@tv
I had compiled ( not authored ) BLODGR* in PRCP02b.wad used for the lavaflow. This has now changed in PRCP03.wad. Any reason for this? Authors might have to amend their wads now. Now the LFALL* textures are useless.

It works for me (I don't think I modify them at all). Both Blodgr# and Lfall# will give lava textures in the game. Blodgr# is animated, though Lfall# is displayed as non-animated.

BTW nice new patches :)

Also, has anyone noticed the patch M_OPTION ? It is all screwed up. Interestingly, it is also screwed up in plutonia/tnt iwads. Yet the doom2/doom iwads render this fine.
Any reason? Should this be fixed ?

Indeed this is a bug in Plutonia. It looks smashed up in XWE but is displayed correctly in the game. I don't understand it, but it works none the less :-)