Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

Hah yeah I foolishly updated to Windows10 and it has been nothing but problems. If there's time I'll play through more of the wad tonight and report any issues.

I am not getting too serious with multiplayer. Only really designed for single player.

Are you sure? The multiplayer coop/survival scene is still pretty popular.

scifista42 said:

Good that I have auto-updates disabled. :P

I am turning off updates from now on. That is it!

Now let's get back to business in getting PC_CP2 complete.

Memfis said:

Bill Gates is forcing people to finally update to GZDB.

Don't worry. In 100 years he will be in the portal of the blue screen of death.

Captain Toenail said:

Hah yeah I foolishly updated to Windows10 and it has been nothing but problems. If there's time I'll play through more of the wad tonight and report any issues.

Are you sure? The multiplayer coop/survival scene is still pretty popular.

The text file says "Player starts only" .... and I never play multiplayer.

I just got a large Windows 7 update last night, and I checked this morning to see if I was having the same problems as you guys. There were definitely some issues with DB2, though not on the level some of you guys are describing -- many levels were loading, but some weren't.

Anyway, then I saw that Windows wanted me to do yet another system update. I figured it must have been MS realizing they had screwed something up (presumably with more programs than just Doom Builder), and sure enough, the new update fixed my problems in DB2 -- the levels that weren't loading before are loading now. So if you guys turn off auto updates, you might want to at least get the next one and let them fix this problem for you.

MAP10 has loads of bugs (played with 2nd beta) :
1)

2)Got stuck behind this stalgmite.

3)

4)Bleeding sector on bottom right

And MAP13 has a bug too :

i found the same trouble with DB2... actually it works on other iwads (Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife) if i made new maps on it... but if i open maps or trying doing new Doom 2 maps with vanilla or boom it crashes down, but not if you do a new map using using zdoom, i tried something with UDMF, and works fine, so... wtf is this weird bug?

Let's see if DB2 will work with the new upgrades...

rhinoduck said:

MAP25 - bars (tag 33) trapped people in MP (twice, apparently)

Lol, that specific section of the map is meant to be a timed mini-boss location.
It happens twice in this map.

My map (along with a few others) are not multiplayer friendly, but I implemented the player spawnspots just for the heck of it.

Baphomet_15 said:

Lol, that specific section of the map is meant to be a timed mini-boss location.
It happens twice in this map.

My map (along with a few others) are not multiplayer friendly, but I implemented the player spawnspots just for the heck of it.

Yep. PC_CP2 is intended for Single Player.

With MAP10, those slime trails are very minor mishaps. I barely can find them.

I found no issue in MAP13 with the fireplace.

joe-ilya said:

And MAP13 has a bug too :

I have no idea why I still kept that thing there. That was when my map still had the ghost demons coming out of the "fireplace". I thought I removed it in the update (I didn't have the visual glitch when playing it in Prboom+). Oh well.

also dear lord that gamma.

Getsu Fune said:

I have no idea why I still kept that thing there. That was when my map still had the ghost demons coming out of the "fireplace". I thought I removed it in the update (I didn't have the visual glitch when playing it in Prboom+). Oh well.

also dear lord that gamma.

What I did is I changed the light level by 1 unit in front and behind the fireplace to stop the texture from bleeding into the floor.

I have returned. But I took my laptop with me when I was away.

- Made some various minor fixes.
- In MAP47 you can no longer get stuck.
- Will probably replace the music in MAP32.
- Apart from that, it is looking pretty good.

yakfak said:

please don't =P

Oh I hope you are being facetious about that, lol.

I get why it has that sound track, the map is very fun and surreal, but that music is horribly out of sync and its a NIGHTMARE on the ears.

Yeah, please don't replace MAP32's music. That'd be going against the wishes of both the mapper (me) and musician (yakfak). It's a bizarro song for a bizarro map.

I'm confused by the "horribly out of sync" comment -- is there something technically wrong with the track? Or is that just meant to be a general "I don't like it"?

Allow me to back up Xaser and yakfak. Nothing sounds *wrong* with the track from what I can tell, it's just wonderfully whackadoodle, and is essentially a perfect fit for the map as well.

It's really painful to listen, the map isn't painful to play, should be changed to something garish and random but also listenable and melodical.

Xaser said:

I'm confused by the "horribly out of sync" comment -- is there something technically wrong with the track? Or is that just meant to be a general "I don't like it"?

At the start, the song plays random broken chords using, "piano." At 0:22 some random sounds come in to mesh with the song that also do not have any chord progression. At 0:45 it gets interesting and sounds really good for about 15 seconds, then the random noises come in at the 1 minute mark.

I fail to find any structure in the song, and I enjoy listening to "brutal death metal" and "neo-classical black metal."

But hey, I respect the fact you want the song to stay the same from an artist's standpoint, afterall most people use ZDOOM so they can issue CHANGEMUS D_(titlehere) console command or people can use the IDMUS cheat and type a number between 1 and 34.

I'd appreciate it if the music remained as is.

I thought the extensive quirkiness of it only complimented the map, and as a mapper I agree with the concept of "mapper's wishes".

It seemed to remind me loosely of Mouldy's works, possibly not as good but that's merely opinion.

Like already stated if people dislike it that much, disable audio or change to another track using cheats / console commands.

joe-ilya said:

should be changed to something garish and random but also listenable and melodical.

This is a perfect description of the existing track though, IMO. :P

I guess it's to be expected that some folks won't like it, but I'm probably going to keep playing the extra-stubborn card since frankly I wouldn't know what on Mars to replace it with.

I would have to agree with the others here, map 32's music seems to be a good fit. I like that I don't like it, even though that makes no sense. It's bizarre, and should be, after all this is map 32, the secret SECRET map, if there is a place in Doom for bonkers experimentation it should be this map slot.

yakfak said:

please don't =P

It was a hard song to replace because of it's rather dizzy approach but that really suits the map. So it is staying in!

I think PC_CP2 is pretty much complete and I'll get this ready for the upload to idgames over the next few days. It will be good to get this done and dusted. Thanks for all who contributed.

pcorf said:

Thanks for all who contributed.

You're welcome! It was fun participating, and the end result seems pretty solid!

Did you fixed credits screen, Pcorf? There are typos in nicknames:

ANNONIMVIO should be ANONIMVIO

FRANKFRAG should be FRANCKFRAG

GEBERAL RAINBOW BEACON should be GENERAL RAINBOW BEACON

And Dragonfly isn't listed at all.

AnonimVio said:

Did you fixed credits screen, Pcorf? There are typos in nicknames:

ANNONIMVIO should be ANONIMVIO

FRANKFRAG should be FRANCKFRAG

GEBERAL RAINBOW BEACON should be GENERAL RAINBOW BEACON

And Dragonfly isn't listed at all.

Thank fark for dat! ( <- deliberate typo )

I removed the credits screen as it is just totally ruined and if I do another one I will make more typing mistakes and there is no way to correct a still image unless you re-do it all over again. I tend to rush when I type and always stuff up when typing. My weakness.

No custom intermission texts will be included.