Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Mayhem '16: Juneheim [Map compilation updated October 1st]

Alright so I'll be posting a new resource tomorrow, Urthar was kind enough to clean up the palette and Quake stuff, and I'm converting Darkening 2 + re-adding malice stuff. The textures are under new names, I will be making the arch textures transparent and making blackened versions for midtexture usage. The purple water may be unsavable due to palette limits which kills me but we'll see.

Sorry about all the resource fuckery but it's about done now.

Marcaek said:

The textures are under new names,

No please leave the old names, I have already done half map and don't want to change all textures again...

joe-ilya said:

You can just use the "Find & replace" tool, that'll work too.

That's still a tedious task for me, since I've used a wide variety of textures - that said, if I have to find and replace everything, so be it.

@Alfonzo, delicious shots!

I feel ya. I intended it for the floor, and then I was like "why not the ceiling too!" So it is indeed lazy. I still thought it looked cool though. :P

I probably won't make anything, I haven't even finished my slowly progressing Plutonia map yet, plus this texture pack seems very extravagant so I doubt I'll manage to get used to it. I feel much more comfortable with BRICK10, GSTONE1, SP_ROCK, WOOD and stuff.

Just found out the quake flats mysteriously disappeared so redownload in 5 minutes

EDIT scratch that this'll take over an hour use the old resource for your flats in the meantime, Don't worry about renaming anything we're just going to stick with the original names.

Did somebody say "you'll get the resources later"?

Great news! I get to continue slacking off!

The resource is almost complete, you'll just have to use the old version for all of the flats.

EDIT: i need to fix my slade, urthar's renamed resources somehow replaced the originals despite me making sure i had cleared all of that out and converted the old stuff :|

Resource compromised, sorry. Wait until tomorrow and use the first one as usual.

I'm making something, but it's not worth screenshotting for now.

I feel sorry for Marcaek having to try to fix up this resource pack.. Good luck buddy.

My map is making decent progress - I'm finding the resources quite fun to work with now. Initially they seemed limited and wholly brown, and while that is the case I understand it reasonably well now, I feel.

Why did you take your screenshot with 50% of it being a close-up of the wall? Is the rest of the room unfinished?

Maybe it's an art photography perspective. The main object in the photo is just in the top left golden ratio focal point. :)

Dragonfly said:

Why did you take your screenshot with 50% of it being a close-up of the wall? Is the rest of the room unfinished?

Palette shittiness going on with the column in the middle of the room would probably diminish the overall quality of the shot. It's looking like a nice combination of textures, though.

-updated below-

Version 5, please try it out. Quake flats repalettized and re-added. Fixed animations, palette and added some new skies (which currently tile twice but I'm working on it). Also included midtex arch edits and the big circular windows have full rotations. All Malice resources added.

Also Hi res skies Version 1

I'll check out the resource wad tomorrow, thanks Marcaek.

In the mean time, here's an editor shot for y'all:

Just had a quick look. There's an error in the COLORMAP from the deleted hue:

A quick fix is to select PLAYPAL and then from the Palettes menu use 'Generate Palettes' and then 'Generate Colormaps'

Otherwise looks good so far, though the hud and menu graphics need to be added and converted.

I figured at some point we may end up with custom variations of those, but if not yeah they will be converted.

will check out colormap soon

^ Tried testing my map with the new textures in Zdoom and I got a "Bad Texture Directory" error (been only using Darkening 2 textures currently)

dobu gabu maru said:

^ Tried testing my map with the new textures in Zdoom and I got a "Bad Texture Directory" error (been only using Darkening 2 textures currently)

It's been working fine for me on PrBoom, and I'm using a mix of Darkening and Quake/Malice