Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Really good looking stuff.

Also, I'm without internet right now (posting from a Panera Bread Co., heh) and it'll probably take me a little extra time to send my notes on any maps sent to me in the past week or so. I hope that my new place has wireless installed on Monday, but we'll see...

@evocalvin.

Dude, great shots you have there. If I can make one comment, I think a couple of the screenies have too many colors in them, if you know what I mean. But I like the layouts a lot. Seeing screenies like that makes me really want to get my mitts on this.

evocalvin: Those screenshots truly looks awesome! I like the nice mix of many strong colors and very personal style.

I decided to see if I could try my hand at making a map for this. I've got two going right now, so we'll see which one I finish first (if my sorry ass manages to finish either one of them :p).

First map (inspired by Baron's Lair... duh)

Second map (just started, however, I have a clearer idea for this one though)

If, for some crazy reason, I actually finish both, then I'll just use whichever the testers say is the less shitty one of the two.

Nuxius said:

If, for some crazy reason, I actually finish both, then I'll just use whichever the testers say is the less shitty one of the two.

Or we can use both in the megawad since pics look awesome to me :P

Nuxius said:

If, for some crazy reason, I actually finish both, then I'll just put them in this awesome project that need more awesome maps.

Fixed.

Agreed. Those screens are very nice Nuxius.

pcorf said:

I might make a map for this.

Same here, it's quite interesting.

... But wait, the map's done already. I'll send it to the testers in a few minutes.

Slot : 26
Name : Necrogenesis
Music : something from the Ultimate Doom

Here's some screenshots of my map, placed so far as Map08. It's called "UAC Garden Facility". It's almost finished but I'm awaiting some more testers opinions first for it to be truly done.

The screens (taken in GLBoom+ only for the sharp looks)

By the way, would any of the music makers be interested in making a tune for this map? :) The overall theme is brown brick and "garden-style".

Great, thanks :) If you need the map for inspiration, I'll send you a PM.

PRIMEVAL said:

Waverider, I'll be more than happy to make music for your map, if you'd like.

All nice screenies everybody.

@Nuxius: Looking good, hope you can get these two done!

And great work so far; we've nearly 'completed' half of 32 maps, the November deadline is looking very likely. Keep up the good work people!

pcorf said:

So which maps are avaliable?

There's a list in the first post, that should help you :)

Did anyone try to use the BRFALL* textures from the resource pack ?
They don't seem to animate properly, whereas floor textures SWATER* from the same wad work fine.

I'll send my map to Joshy once the VPOs have been eradicated.

pcorf said:

So which maps are avaliable?

-5 spots in episode one while 3 maps are being worked on for episode one.

-7 spots available in episode 2 while 7 maps are being worked on for episode 2.

-9 spots available in episode 3 while 5 maps are being worked on for episode 3.

As for 'special' slots, Map32 is available. I would suggest either working on episode 1 or 3 if you're up for it. Would love to see what you come up with. :-)

Joshy said:

-5 spots in episode one while 3 maps are being worked on for episode one.

-7 spots available in episode 2 while 7 maps are being worked on for episode 2.

-9 spots available in episode 3 while 5 maps are being worked on for episode 3.

As for 'special' slots, Map32 is available. I would suggest either working on episode 1 or 3 if you're up for it. Would love to see what you come up with. :-)

Sounds good. I will make MAP03.

Slot : 03
Name : -
Music : Doom 2 MAP08 (D_DDTBLU)

I think I'm waiting on one or two testers for any final feedback on the current version of the map before I get to work on the fairly extensive rehaul that will be needed to address balancing issues and SEG/Visplane overflows in the outdoor area. I've had plenty of good suggestions and useful bits of information, so the work should be quite easy when I get started.

waverider said:

Great, thanks :) If you need the map for inspiration, I'll send you a PM.

That may help. Go ahead, let's see what you got.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Did anyone try to use the BRFALL* textures from the resource pack ? They don't seem to animate properly

I've worked out why those texture work in pl2 but not in plutonia revisited.

Viewing pl2 with XWE, the textures used are SLADRIP1 > SLAD2 > SLAD3 > SLADRIP3 with the patches BRFALL1-4.

Plutonia Revisited does not have these textures in the resource wad PRCP02a.wad. In the TEXTURE1 lump, just rename the BRFALL* texture names to SLAD# names. Also the animation with the patches BRFALL3 and 4 is back to front. So BRFALL3 needs to be renamed BRFALL4 and BRFALL4 needs to be renamed BRFALL3.

And once that is done all maps that have used BRFALL1 will have to change them to SLADRIP1.

... just tested and it works ... :)

Awesome project. I'd like to do an Impossible Mission-type level called, "Suicide Mission." Also, are there any other level styles that no one has mentioned yet? I know Joshy mentioned doing something a little like Impossible Mission so if you'd rather I could try my hand at something else if needed be.

valkiriforce said:

Awesome project. I'd like to do an Impossible Mission-type level called, "Suicide Mission." Also, are there any other level styles that no one has mentioned yet? I know Joshy mentioned doing something a little like Impossible Mission so if you'd rather I could try my hand at something else if needed be.

No problem, you can do this. My map only has some areas that reminds of impossible mission but really it has other inspirations as well. You're welcome to make it though. Not sure what other level styles other have said they'd do. I don't think anything like Tombstone, Temple of Darkness, Bunker, NME, Realm, Abattoir, Hunted, Caged (although that'd be similar to Twilight), Go2It, Oddyssey of noises, The Sewers have been made.

Do we have any idea for map 32?

In Plutonia, map32 is a revisitation of DooM 2 map 01.
In Plutonia 2, map32 is a revisitation of both doom e1m1 and doom map02.
How can be the map32 of Revisited Plutonia?

Some ideas for revisitations:
- doom e1m1 + doom2 map01 + TNt map01
- plutonia map01 + plutonia 2 map01

Anyone who want to take up the challenge?

Lorenzo

Lorenzo said:

In Plutonia 2, map32 is a revisitation of both doom e1m1 and doom map02.

Actually it was a revisitation of both E1M1 and D5M1 with a tribute to REQ23.

e1m1 + map01 + tnt01 is a solid idea. I have already seen something like this from a French mapper and it mixed well.

Progress is good so far; I had to remove/change some areas due to visplane overflow and such. Do let me know if anything should be adjusted/changed.

Some screenshots of my progress for Suicide Mission.

Good pics and layout so far valkiriforce. Makes me want to play the original "Impossible Mission" :)

Many thanks. :) By the way I forgot to mention I'd like my map to be in the episode 3 position. I also forgot to switch the map itself in the episode 3 slot, hence why you see the cloudy sky texture instead.

Looking good, it really looks a lot more like Impossible Mission than mine. I would suggest to make sure the map isn't cramped since several areas in the original map was nicely spaced if I remember correctly. Keep it up! :-)

Lorenzo said:

Do we have any idea for map 32?

I like the idea of using only Plutonia Map01 for Map32. Plutonia only had Doom2 Map01 so would be better to keep it simple?

Here are a few shitty screenshots for my MAP.

I am posting to show that I am not doing nothing, but I have a big problem. I have only had one map come to completion and I posted it on youtube for a week and then deleted it because I thought I could do better. The same thing is happening to me here. I've started this map at least 4 times and I delete it and start over every time. Any hints on how to keep from doing this.

I'm also going for a map that is nonlinear and medium sized.

This has been tested in Chocorenderlimits.exe and this is also the beginning of the level. I just used the IDCLIP cheat to go down below.