Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

purpleyoshi13, you should add multiplayer flagged monsters especially big ones, like cyber demon on your map.

Started working on a new map:
Name: Schlachthause
Homage: 1- MAP09
2- Name: Schlachthaus means Slaughterhouse in German, the "e" at the last is a typo from me, "Abattiore" is the original name, Abattior means slaughterhouse in French, the "e" at the last is a typo, so that's the inspiration.

Screenies:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8778/map09.png
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9980/map09s.png

"Gambit" has been completed.

Testers, check your PMs!

PRIMEVAL, I sent you a copy of this map in case you want to compose something. Nothing too heavy or quick. Pretty much anything else will fit this map.

And to follow suit...

Layout is done, gameplay is about halfway there. It's a bit of a different approach than usual, inspired a bit by the Malcolm Sailor school of thought.

I also came up with a fun list of guidelines I've managed to stick to for this one:

• Low-ish monster count ( < 100 if possible, absolutely less than 150)
  • No hitscanners
  • No SSG, Plasma, or BFG
  • Make Barons actually dangerous
  • No VPOs, even really-hard-to-find ones
  • Time Travel!
If I get this done within a week, it'll be the quickest I've ever done an SP map before. Yikes.

I might also be hiding something. But that's okay, because spoilers suck.

In other news, I'm psyched to see what the final project is going to be like. "Gambit" here has got me really curious.

MAP31 Cyberdemon Vertigo:

Overall final layout. hawkwind is currently fixing some issues he found with it in Risen3D.

Xaser said:

And to follow suit...

[HOLY CRAP]

It baffles me how you can make such things within the confines of Vanilla Doom, Xaser.

So much lack of time of mapping because of the exams, 2 days left so then i could get my map finished in a smaller time!

Added some multiplayer monsters, progress is going faster than I had expected, if I keep up this pace, the map will be finished in this week!

(NEXT POST WILL FEATURE IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS!)

I like the screenshots that everyone made during these past days especially Whoo, Xaser and Mista_T's map layouts.

Whoo said:

Overall final layout. hawkwind is currently fixing some issues he found with it in Risen3D.

There was only a very rare glitch with Risen3D. It might have been a problem with other ports too. I cannot verify. There was, however, serious issues with this for all ports. I have fixed those too. Whoo should have the fixed version by now.

Keep up the good work people :-) Nearly there!

I'd like to make sure those who has finished their maps and have not sent in their final version, please do so now. If you have sent it, I apologise for not being organised and do please send it over again. :3

Just to list the final versions I have:
-That flooded place
-Temple of Cetza
-Stony Halls
-Escape from ghost town
-Bloodbath
-UAC Garden Facility
-Velocity
-The Unholy Crypt
-Undertaker
-Helix
-Sinister Daybreak
-Infested Compound
-Venom
-Slaughter zone
-Asmodeus' Circle
-Suicide Mission
-Terra Incognita
-Planned Overload
-Necrogenesis
-Dance with the Devil
-In the Eye of the Beholder
-Go8It

EDIT: Please also PM me your author information and map information if you haven't.

Joshy said:

-Go8It

Can I speak for PRIMEVAL and re-suggest "Have @ It"? :P

Also, I've sent a "finished" beta of Wicked Garden to the testers. It's a lot shorter than Helix so hopefully the revisions will take infinitely less time :P

"Gambit" may be finalized once I get the okay from one or two more testers by the weekend.

Xaser said:

Can I speak for PRIMEVAL and re-suggest "Have @ It"? :P

Hahaha, I guess we'll never see the end of it :)

Could "@" be displayed on the automap anyway ?
Too lazy to check for now.

purpleyoshi13 : Hmm, not to be harsh, but some screenies seem too square-ish or bland to me ( shots 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, and the last two ones ). You still have some time to polish your map, make the most of it :)
Try to have something that resembles Plutonia !

purpleyoshi13 said:

Send it to Joshy - http://www.doomworld.com/vb/private.php?action=newmessage&userid=9502

Best to ask for his email address and then you can email him your map. Or upload your map to some file hosting site.

purpleyoshi13 said:

i completely finished my map. where do i need to send it to?

Just send them over to the testers listed on the first page. :-)

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Could "@" be displayed on the automap anyway ?

It sure can:

Forgive the pushing and prodding on this, but I feel that somebody must. :P

Xaser said:
Forgive the pushing and prodding on this, but I feel that somebody must. :P [/B]

Yeah, I agree, Have @ It is a very cool name for the secret level, especially since Go 8 It doesn't really make much sense, unless it has some meaning I'm missing behind it.

Xaser said:

Forgive the pushing and prodding on this, but I feel that somebody must. :P

Ok fine, you win. :)
"Have @ It" it is, then.

I forgot to mention that I'm in St. Louis this week and my availability for testing is extremely limited. So, uh... Don't hold your breath for me map designers :(

Also, Have @ It is cool... I still like Go 4 It 2, though!

There's already a Go 4 It, though, and this isn't Plutonia 2:2. :P

On topic: Preliminary testing for Garden is going well. At least one tester has reported it as" playable" now... second iteration of course. :P