Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomsmokey

Best soundfont?

I've been using SGM-V2.01 through Coolsoft VirtualMIDISynth for years now. So good, you won't even believe it's still midi!

Scc1t2.sf2 is closest to the original Roland sound modules used for most game soundtracks. For other uses Reality modded by falcosoft is the best.

+1 for Scc1t2.sf2.

But I also like the Arachno soundfont, that one's pretty underrated IMO, as well as GeneralUser GS, and the fixed SC-55 soundfont of Patch93. All played back through Timidity (indeed, its quality is noticeably higher than that of Fluidsynth).

Just another Scc1t2.sf2 user passing through (Roland SCC-1). It sounds damn near identical to what comes pre-packed with almost every version of Windoze, which in turn means it sounds excellent for Doom MIDIs.

There are a lot of great soundfonts out there. The Ultimate Sega Genesis soundfont is a lot of fun to play with. There's another great soundfont called Timbres of Heaven which is nice for ambient/orchestral music. I've downloaded a bunch and could keep listing them, but none ever sound better with Doom MIDI than the Roland SCC-1 or SC-55 variants.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Just another Scc1t2.sf2 user passing through (Roland SCC-1). It sounds damn near identical to what comes pre-packed with almost every version of Windoze, which in turn means it sounds excellent for Doom MIDIs.

There are a lot of great soundfonts out there. The Ultimate Sega Genesis soundfont is a lot of fun to play with. There's another great soundfont called Timbres of Heaven which is nice for ambient/orchestral music. I've downloaded a bunch and could keep listing them, but none ever sound better with Doom MIDI than the Roland SCC-1 or SC-55 variants.

I was on the same boat but give this one a chance

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2082514