Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurricane hoatzine

What do you think of midnight

46 minutes ago, Li'l devil said:

NbXNXin.jpg

LOL he calls a goddamn PUZZLEWAD depressing.

It's a shame that some people might get introduced to Classic Doom with this crap instead of something respectable. It may give them a skewed perception of what the community is like.

I think Midnight has a fetish for making the same thumbnails and titles over and over. Just in that screenshot, I counted "YOU CAN'T WIN" x2, "YOU CAN'T ESCAPE" x1, "SOMETHING'S WRONG" x2, "THIS IS ILLEGAL" x2, and some attention-grabbing variation of "THE END" or "NEW DOOM".

firefox_KbsqASpi7a.png.8e367d23380f2edcdff5e451da1b50ef.png

I can smell the irony from 50 kilometers away here.

Don't forget the fact he's milking controversial mods for content. Just scroll down and you'll see how many times he's done videos on the same mods.

Modern video games don't suck at all, 2023 has been one of the best years in over a decade. AAA games might suck, but that's like 10% of the market at best right now. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Modern video games don't suck at all, 2023 has been one of the best years in over a decade. AAA games might suck, but that's like 10% of the market at best right now. 

You're completely right, but you see, videos titled "Gaming is in a good spot right now" don't get much attention. Its all about the ragebait to farm more and more clicks and views, because making someone angry is a sure way to guarantee they'll interact with your content and drive the numbers up.

17 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Even AAA has had some cool stuff the past couple years or so. The remake of Resident Evil 4 was even better than I hoped for. I think a lot of modern trends suck (used sometimes even in good games) but there's too much out there at any given time to ever really say "modern gaming sucks". I think people mainly mean that the industry and the aforementioned trends suck, which I mostly agree with depending on which specific thing we're talking about. Some of the most annoying trends occur in the G A M I N G community itself, for example these dumb cunts like Midnight who resort to attention-whoring tactics because they lack creativity, humor, intelligence, personality, looks, significant other, and probably some other stuff too.

not a huge fan of his content, however he does seem like a good person, if i ever do go to a quakecon i'd love to meet him.

I think it's funny how he says modern gaming is "money over quality", when his channel is exactly that - money over quality. I'm pretty sure he's made at least 5 videos on the same 'controversial' mods.

I have no opinion on modern games, as all I play is old stuff. My PC is not a powerhouse, and all I have is a PS3 - which, as we all know, has no games.

He seems nice as a person but his videos are so so.. 

I don't like that he keeps start talking Spanish for 5-10 seconds and be like "Oh sorry for that" 
Nothing against other languages but please choose and stick to 1 language only when uploading a video. 

And pretty boring with the ol Thumbnail click bait tricks 

I found it a bit disappointing that he purported the...shall we say, "tasteless high school mod" as real, despite pretty clearly being a troll effort. It seems very wilfully ignorant for the sake of sensationalism. 

Kudos to midnight for managing to constantly change his opinion about what's the mos-

Hold up a second... *cough cough*

TRULY DOOM'S MOST DEPRESSING, HORRIFYING, TRAUMATIZING, PSYCHOTIC, CONTROVERSIAL, DISTURBING AND SINISTER MOD.

BUT FIRST, A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS!

RAI-

*logs off*

Can't watch shit in YouTube anymore...

Edited by Midway64 : More concise.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:25 AM, VoanHead said:

He's basically what MRBOSSFTW is to GTA content.

MrBossFTW is also a manchild so nah

I don't like his thumbnails but some of his contents are fine

36 minutes ago, DiceByte said:

I honestly like his content. And there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

Good for you. Also, you're not treading on anybody's shoes by enjoying a YT channel, so don't worry. You're good.

Update: Tho him blatantly lying about finding that infamous wad (starts with real) was kinda low

I get that you wanna make content but jesus dude

It is honestly hard to think of bad content and Doom. I see little to none of it. Unlike GTA and Garten if Banban (damn I have not said that game name in a while), it is not really all too popular among immature children/adults (GTA is still good, I think, no real offence to them). Meanwhile the Doom community is full of mature adults (and mature children). I just can’t see Lankybox playing a Garten of Banban Doom wad. I believe nobody in the Doom community is stupid enough to do it, really.

thanks to his goofy lore videos which are comedically wrong in every sense possible, now people use doomguy as some sort of ultimate character in every single discussion ever and it's infuriating.

I love how these are "terrifying" and yet look absolutely hilarious/goofy, are just basic hallways, or Lilith. You can't win? Really?

image.png.e55fdd0cc3dd052fabf3a3cccee48ec6.png

I'm curious as to whether this render is just from Google and if it's even credited, but I don't feel like searching right now.

image.png.7f10610bd94dd311f86ae6c979f95b98.png

I love the midnight! While I haven't been seeing it nearly as often after getting my new job and waking and sleeping more standard hours, I still love going out on walks or just screwing around when noone else is awake

Midnight is content slop incarnate, it's honestly kind of embarrassing.

I used to watch him when I first got into classic doom since I didn't know any better, but thankfully I didn't watch him for very long. The screenshots people have been posting of his thumbnails speak for themselves. Clickbait, misinformation, garbage takes, pumping out content, the works. He sucks, 'nuff said.

I watched him before.

When I was looking for creepy wads, I came across his videos like ROOTPAIN, it was cool, I admit, because I had never seen anything like it before.

And then his content became forced and made up. He also shielded (a little) the authors of the Moonman.

Now in his videos he is very lazily trying to express at least some interest and tensely portrays false emotions.

All his videos now look like this: “Ah, oh, oh, how scary. Oh, oh, oh. Oh, wow, it’s scary. Puta madre cabrón, very scary.”

And yes, the dude really thinks that swearing in absolutely every video in his native language is funny

His content is fairly uninteresting overall (he just plays mods that have already been reviewed and analysed at lengths by people who are much more invested in the DOOM modding scene and calls them the "most terrifying/depressing/controversial/etc"), and I'm not a fan of the way he represents the newer generation of DOOM-focused youtubers (I'm 22 so I'm definitely in that age group) with clickbait thumbnails and such.

However I don't really have a reason to actively hate him either, I just don't care.

I just watch knowledgeable people like Doomkid, Dwars, or everyone's favourite pumpkin man Decino instead.

Edited by ArpeggioPegasus

I used to watch some of his content on and off. But stopped because all I kept seeing was "MOST CONTROVERSIAL DOOM WAD EVAR!" or "THIS DOOM WAD IS ILLEGAL ETC ETC"

Also not sure how many times he's made a video about if there will be a new Doom game or a Quake reboot etc. Anyway like Pegasus said, he just reviews mods that already been reviewed and slapping the "most terrifying/depressing/controversial/etc" label on it with clickbait thumbnails.

Whenever I am in the mood to watch a Doom video, I just check out Doomkid's channel and a few others I might not know too much about. Then again, I tend to watch vintage computing videos most of the time.

He's just another clickbait youtuber playing on the algorithms for views. He focuses on nothing but the titles that give the game and the community a bad name. I've sat through maybe a dozen of his videos and it's just the same old hat bs. Oh and you cant forget his trademark line, "YouTube doesn't like disturbing Doom videos so can you please leave a huge like my sanity, lower back, and especially my eyes would greatly appreciate that.". I think that alone says it all.

Although yes, I do kinda like his content, I can also agree that his thumbnails are always like “This is illegal” and “Something’s not right…” ect.

I watched him when I first got into doom. I stopped now because I got sick of the “THIS IS ILLEGAL” and “MOST CONTROVERSIAL MOD” thumbnails. Just watch decino or doomkid 

Terrible content or clickbait, or just reading news posts. They're both completely useless, why did I want to listen to some random guy's wish list about what he thinks is going to happen to some franchise? Seriously, why does that type of content generate so many views on YouTube? I don't understand, do people find it surprising in some way? Talking about some news is a little more justifiable, in case I'm too lazy to investigate and I like to be notified when something new happens in the franchise that I like, but what's up when it's all your content?

When you make wad videos, at least it's "pretty unique" content and if it's not unique, it at least requires a minimum of effort on your part. Unlike the rest

image.png.be7850e69ca47c567bc88e18de64cf1c.png