Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

PUSS XXIX: HOT SOAPY WATER [BETA RELEASED]

On 8/6/2023 at 3:36 PM, MtPain27 said:

Title: Time (it's MAP02)

Music: "One Billion Skittles" (version 1)

Sky: None

Difficulty Settings: No

Build Time: 5-6 hours

Comments: An homage to @Benjogami. I suggest turning the volume way down when the clock strikes 10 and midnight. Tested on ZDoom. I included one custom texture, 'MEM256.' Happy to make any necessary changes. Hope it isn't too shitty. Remember, time is the most valuable thing you have.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/lia9mjwihcp8q4l/Time.wad/file

Delightful :) I had a fun (and meditative) time. I couldn't kill all the PEs, but I mostly blame GZDoom and its weird flyer and autoaim behaviors for that (maybe my settings aren't quite right). I would've played in dsda-doom but the resource pack said nuh-uh.

15 hours ago, Benjogami said:

I would've played in dsda-doom but the resource pack said nuh-uh.

Im considering compiling a Hot Boomy Water so folks can play boom/limit-removing maps in ports of their choice without having to use GZDoom. With the base resource pack this is possible, and it’s be fairly easy to implement with my plans for this wad (we did the same thing for PUSS X 2 years ago [fun fact about PUSS X SOS, this project was intended to actually follow Summer of Slaughter in August of 2021, but plans changed as they do])

But yeah, in summation, expect a HSW.wad that is boom compatible. 

edit: there will have to be some careful consideration on what the maplist for the boom compatible set looks like because insofar we’ve uh… we’ve gotten two submissions that have 32 maps

With UMAPINFO, it’d be possible to throw them into the set but since they both play best as standalone sets that you can witness as exhibits within the master wad’s museum hub, I *may* include those wads in a sub folder

I also wanted to add that there are some super super cool submissions that I personally think should be played in boom simply by how impressive they are by having been made in Book format; I’d like to give players the experience of being like “WOAH! This doesn’t use ACS??” — all challenges of presentation. Will have to do some finagling

Edited by BluePineapple72

Title: Cremaster Threeish

Artist: YagaCaw

Music: D_ddtblu (ID software)

Sky: SKY2

Medium (mapping format): UDMF GZDOOM required

Difficulty Settings: Not applicable 

Build Time: 13 versions

Comments: 

Welcome to The Gablogian Museum of Fictional Art. I based this fictional building of The Guggenheim in NYC, and named it after a twice fictional character. Mathew Barry set his Art Movie Cremaster 3 in the Guggenheim and it is Bonkers level wild, I was inspired to see what kind of wild shit i could do, but also to make a commentary about Stuffy institutions like art museums: why is the hoarded junk of dead kings displayed in giant buildings? and why do school trips keep sending kids there to be bored out there skulls? what makes some art worthy of being displayed next to giant marble columns? Can the world of art Museums exist without the wealthy patrons who seem to be using High Art as a way to cheat on there taxes? So I thought: what if the Art itself could change and give meaning to the building its displayed in, instead of the opposite? Lets find out shall we!

Note: This is either my final entry into this project and will serve as a warning for being overambitious, or the first third of my project plus the Fictional art Museum that gives the project context. If I don't update after this, and August 29th passes, then its the former.  I was going for a non violent Mod that would be a living Collage, and in the Spirit of Collage, anyone is free to use this wad or any assets found for your own creative projects. 

Wad File: Requires DOOM2.wad GZdoom.pk3 and Custom art pack for this project 

CremasterThreeish.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

cremasterthreeishV13Screen1.jpg

cremasterthreeishV13Screen2.jpg

cremasterthreeishV13Screen3.jpg

cremasterthreeishV13Screen4.jpg

cremasterthreeishV13Screen5.jpg

cremasterthreeishV13Screen6.jpg

Title: We're going for a ride!
Artist: Heich AKA DynamiteKaitorn
Music: Carnival Night Zone - Sonic 3
Sky: NONE
Medium (mapping format): UDMF
Difficulty Settings: NONE
Build Time: Ermm.... 12 hours? I literally have no idea since there's no normal time limit for this event... :l
Comments:
It's... not... easy having yourself a good tiiiiiime!
Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_181838.png.bbca2a5790cd0cc8fc6001c18cf699bd.png

Darkness...

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_181848.png.8b64f3d09a4e0237c9a0515c936ff139.png

BLIMEY that's a lot of rocket's ol chap!

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_181901.png.1bd7bbfdd00942434052862d4687ce15.png

Portals to another... erm... room? :l

Automatic.zip

DOWNLOAD

Title: [Desert Sand Feels Warm At Night]
Artist: [ Snowy44 ]

Music: [ Iblard: Laputa no Kaeru Machi - 07 - Cave ]

Sky: [ Hue-shifted OSKY33 from OTEX ]

Medium (mapping format): [ GZDoom : Doom 2  (UDMF), tested in GSDoom 4.5 and 4.7 ]

Difficulty Settings: [ N/A ]

Build Time: [ Did not time this one, probably within 10 hours or so. ]

Comments: [A level about progress, secrets, exploration and goals.]

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/E78Hq1D

Title: TE2P2E1125

Artist: Danlex

Music: "Grosstown Traffic" by Zan-zan-zawa-veia aka yakfak

Sky: none

Difficulty settings: no

Build time: 2 days

Comments: A map inspired by a volumetric composition that I made for an assignment in college almost a year ago

Jumping must be enabled for this map

TE2P2E1125_v1.1.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230820_144832.png

144_sin_titulo_20230820152103.png

Edited by Danlex

This is the 1 week warning for submissions to this wonderful event!

Don't forget that we're also accepting more than just single map submissions! If you have any texture art or doomcute you'd like to have exhibited in the Doomenheim HUB museum outside of single level submissoins, be sure to shoot those to me sometime before I finish it. Which will be some time.

May or may not finish my level(s) before the due date. I got my own thang going on. But I'm compiling everything submitted to me on my end and will release a Pre Release Beta for folks to check out the maps while I work on finishing up the wad in September and October. Be sure to get those art pieces to me if you'd like to be a part of art history!1!

4 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

This is the 1 week warning for submissions to this wonderful event!

Friend, I'm sorry to back out the last minute but I have to move houses and its been taking up a ton of my free time recently. I feel really bad...

1 hour ago, iiYoNa said:

Friend, I'm sorry to back out the last minute but I have to move houses and its been taking up a ton of my free time recently. I feel really bad...

No worries! Life tends to take precedent over hobby work (hence why puss XV hit RC1 today), so I don’t mind. Also, PUSS is created via free formed submission so there’s no need to ‘sign up’ or be required to make something. It’s all based on what is sent to us during the submission window

Has it been 13 more versions already? I have been having lots of fun doodling, but the 13th son of the 13th son with 7 days to go felt like the right time for the next version of my submission. Will not be the last, I say that now, but who knows!

Title: Cremaster Threeish* Now featuring Parlor in addition to Janus* 

Build Time: 26 versions

Comments: 

Whats new in this Version from Last:
+Added New Art work for the Galleries, 
+Added titles for the art work

+Added Perspective Booths to increase replay value and art appreciation 
+Added additional Red rooms behind the Imp Counter
+Modified the stair cases to Hide the seems of the teleports better 
+Created new Collage inspired from this WAD, named 'Cremaster Threeish' appropriately 
+Added Parlor stub house for setting of GZDOOM visual novel
+Added Story and Lore totems to Parlor house
-Still Missing the ability to talk to the NPCs in Parlor
-Hopefully this motivates me to get to deliver the first chapters end of this doom visual novel/walking simulator in 7 days, The other game mentioned is a pipe dream that i am willing to wait for, will focus last 7 days to clean up and endless noodling,   

Wad File: Requires DOOM2.wad GZdoom.pk3 and Custom art pack for this project 

CremasterThreeishV26.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

cremasterthreeishV26Screen1.jpg.2d52429b0f3af2c37d31433de8b4998e.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen2.jpg.083b28bbbd36c9227dde231eab8ed5ee.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen3.jpg.f3d9a7d4e12a13a0e3c2c9edd552f6a2.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen4.jpg.524f848f7a7dfb117cf2cd35fea50d92.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen5.jpg.524dc5b23bd2314c437ec734e5f5cada.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen6.jpg.35c4f476ade239be81ad38e96250d24e.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen7.jpg.7135fd185ec1e63e6b0649fee1a4dd28.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen8.jpg.4d5ff24231ebb6c20e88aa318f8bc962.jpg

cremasterthreeishV26Screen9.jpg.28a7d8905959ee97abb10524a44ec976.jpg

do I need to submit my map here on DW as well? I submitted it on discord..

well here it is then

Title: Han(gar) (rag)naH

Artist: Amiga Angel

Music: AIVA AI interpretation of the default E1M1 midi

Sky: Fireblu

Difficulty Settings: yes

Build Time: 6 hours?

Comments: E1M1 but with additional partially mirrored bits and some rearrangement of the default rooms plus more

screenshot:

MAP-H-HSW.png

more screenshots on discord

download:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1136075076249342002/1139204032016162856/hannah-hsw.wad

Title: Erased Impressions of McGee's #02
Artist: Sneezy McGlassface

Music: D_WOODBLOCK by the talented @Snaxalotl

Sky: stock

Medium (mapping format): boom

Difficulty Settings: n/a

Build Time: 1-2 hour

Comments: This map is inspired by the modernist piece Erased de Kooning Drawing by Robert Rauschenberg. It is a drawing by abstract impressionist Willem de Kooning that has been erased over the period of several weeks to leave nearly blank paper. It was then framed with a caption to mimic the style of display pieces at the Royal Academy in London.
Please use software renderer playing this map for the intended experience.
Thank you

Screenshots:

image.png

Download: (resources not included) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XXzTsLEVK1zSswgvLvMvmHrYV36BIN8w/view?usp=drive_link

Title: Guitar

Artist: Ash4Ash

Music: Orphan Tears Part 1 - YFM (Midi by me)

Sky: Doom 2 episode one sky

Build Time: A few hours.

Comments: this map is very very short but I thought it would do well in this.

Guitar.zip

Title: Pole Exhibition
Artist: Sneezy McGlassface

Music: Can't Get there from Here by John Broomhall (Transport Tycoon Deluxe OST)

Sky: n/a

Medium (mapping format): hexen format / doom in hexen

Difficulty Settings: n/a

Build Time: ~5 hours

Comments: What is more artistic than platforming poles? There are so many different kinds, shapes and sizes, and all deserve to be remembered in one way or another. Our humble gallery took on the work of displaying a small selection of crudely remodeled samples to get visitors interested, and perhaps spark and desire to tackle some of these platforming sections themselves in the original maps. Thank you very much, please stop by the gift shop before you leave.
Additional thanks to @baja blast rd. for caption of the Frog and Toad section.

Screenshots:

image.png

Download: (resources not included) https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Jrv4XbZsHYreSWCEbJ2HE8pzn1Cv9WW/view?usp=drive_link

@BluePineapple72 if you want to copy/paste this somewhere in the hub or pull them apart or morph it into whatever you like, you're welcome to do so. it doesn't have to be separate level if you think it could serve better purpose in another way. totally cool.

Edited by Sneezy McGlassFace

Title: The Doll

Artist: Klear

Music: Shawn's got the Shotgun by Bobby Prince

Sky: SKY1 from Doom 2

Medium (mapping format): Boom, baby!

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Build Time: Full month

Comments: A short and straightforward map with a sewer and a big battle at the end. Uses a few boom tricks for effect. Coop tested on a single machine in GZDoom only, but otherwise it should definitely work on any boom-compatible port.

Best played with kills/items/secrets counter visible and the compatibility flag "Sector sounds use center as source" set to true.

Screenshots: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230828_010249.png.a0af2b0a46f576ebf2a57e12b6d3e522.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230828_010345.png.7896e6c9d80ec54ab010c4f9b7495ea2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230828_010358.png.265294cdfd5adc477193c134fb6c8ce4.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230828_010654.png.6c9c8aad27b39984c774a0f47ee2de15.pngScreenshot_Doom_20230828_010658.png.e47d64720260eeee0f9f91eb45c8a9f8.png

Download: doll.zip

Edited by Klear : A few minor bugfixes. For example the meat should no longer walk around.

2 hours ago, Klear said:

Title: The Doll

Played an older version of this map earlier this month and I think this is one of the most creative maps I’ve ever seen. Super fun gimmick. 

Oh good I got it just under the Original Deadline fingers crossed...

Enjoy what this turned out to be!

This is either my final entry, but knowing me im going to create a 'directors cut' version with the last 2 days...

will see what happens! been a whole lot of fun making this...

hope y'all like it!

Changes since the last version

+13 more versions

+Added 'Doom Too' art installation to the Museum 

some other stuff too i forgot about

4 player Co-op now supported

Title: Cremaster Threeish* Now featuring 'Doom Too' in addition to Parlor and Janus* 

Build Time: 39 versions

CremasterThreeishV39.zip

Edit: I forgot all about the text i added to the 'Parlor' Script

also forgot to add screenshots, so here is a sneak peak of the Grim Lovecraftian walking simulator 'Parlor'

Spoilers For parts of Parlor Bellow

Spoiler

final 1.jpg

final 2.jpg

final 3.jpg

final 4.jpg

final 5.jpg

final 6.jpg

final 7.jpg

final 8.jpg

final 9.jpg

final 10.jpg

final 11.jpg

final 12.jpg

final 13.jpg

Edited by Yagacaw : added screen shots

Got mine in with plenty of time :)

Title: Beginnings
Artist: Neil Forshaw
Music: Doom 1 E1M2
Sky: Included in the WAD
Difficulty Settings: N/A
Build Time: ~10 Hrs
Comments: This year is Doom's 30th anniversary. I thought of doing a little tribute to celebrate.
Screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20230830_233510.png

Download: Beginnings.wad

Submissions close tonight at midnight, at which point PUSS XXX will open. I’m without internet at home and won’t be getting it again until Saturday morning, so I’ll privately work on the HSW.pk3 before I post it publicly onto my server and onto here whenever it’s ready. I’m also submitting my map(s) late because I can. 

If you would like to contribute your first map (literally, first map ever made) into the firstmap.wad exhibit, please dm me.

Title: Mondriaan Art Quiz

Artist: Peccatum Mihzamiz

Sky: None Format : GZDoom UDMF

Difficulty Settings: Yes, implemented

Build Time: About 8 hours?

Custom textures: included in a separate wad file in the zip file

Comments: I only finished about 10% of what I wanted to do, but I'm still happy with it.

File: on the PUSS discord server
Screenshots: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230830_164058.png

PeccaScreen04.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230830_101124.png

Buzzer beater! 

CremasterThreeishDirectorsCut.zip

Edit: first post was to get the wad file in last minute, edit to explain the changes

Title: Cremaster Threeish*
*: This version is The Unrated Directors Cut With Bonus Content The censors and unnamed establishment did not want you to see!

Difficulty Settings: Only In the Directors Cut Version was I allowed to implement Ultra Violence and every other difficulty 

Build Time: 40+ versions

Additional Content in this version 

-Added 'The Frog Wife's Lair' Collage 
    +Found in museum gallery with Wads only secret
    +Collage was made during August Crunch. See what i made instead of the museums missing content
    +Collage contains secret second collage on the back of the photos frame
    +second collage contains Blurry black and white photo i found in a thrift store book, is the Blurry figure a Ghost? is this Wad now Haunted? make it to the Frogs wife lair to find out!

-Added final Art Installation that is this fictional Art Museums "Real Ending" called "Janus 2: Venus"

-fixed bug in "Parlor" of missing script error

-Added Difficulty settings, you can now Visit the Museum on any other difficulty settings

-Swapped out Parlors Script for this Version and All previous Versions
    +Parlor is no longer a visual novel set in a Lovecraftian hellscape with heavy themes of obsession and madness
    +Its now a walking simulator light-hearted comedy that sometimes is an erotic thriller
    +Kind of like how they made the movie "Wake up Ron Burgundy" using only deleted scenes from "Anchorman"

Screenshots of Parlor as it is now

Spoiler

1356617526_cre1.jpg.c3b8b7da283dbbc3a529eb160a644b0d.jpg870522692_cre2.jpg.b3b4f6fdbac9fb7bd99a114fd6e2008a.jpg

1265047313_cre3.jpg.4e43822f7d1de19cd83ffd78f13093de.jpg1424029597_cre4.jpg.993d19d320b29299f5505e86dd7c9df7.jpg200933121_cre5.jpg.1ff237ad61aff0e717e76fac5300908f.jpg592302093_cre6.jpg.5727437438aeaf797e5fdc307556ffff.jpg328385045_cre7.jpg.8ec0e00f80c2751c3d2cb62ebdec175d.jpg977177318_cre8.jpg.7abe0b83db8146b17be2f032bf1116fb.jpg822696230_cre9.jpg.2db2d713fa87e2938648efedd07ed28e.jpg8296302_cre10.jpg.bd11564775b646df8085843a2c0b042f.jpg1123505768_cre11.jpg.7cae6c2ea91c570dabd83e8d8bd7fe36.jpg1558411074_cre12.jpg.d7aa36f6eaf6c4d61899baba7587d95d.jpg369933710_cre13.jpg.f3d74907699cecbe348e51f378987ce8.jpg

Well here is the final version of my submission, It has been a lot of fun creating what this turned out to be and its given me a lot of ideas going forward. 

I am looking forward to playing all the submission so far,  but I might be slow with that part. Seems like a healthy thing to do right now as I am shocked its now September so should probably  unplugged from the computer for a bit. Cheers!

Edited by Yagacaw : added all the stuff missing from the post

Howdy howdy! Quick project update time! 

Good news and bad news!

Good news is that I have all of the submissions and am now in the fabled PUSS "work on other things" part of this project. Bad news should've been implied from that message: I don't have a release just yet. The main difficulty with this .pk3 being that I'll need to create a HUB level that'll allow testers and mappers to access all of the maps of the project; that'll take a lot of time to make considering that this hub is also going to be a feature for several other exhibits, some of which are wads within the main wad (rather complex isn't it?). I will release a super barebones compilation sometime this week that'll allow testers to get their feet dirty and to allow me to make sure all of my monkeys are in a row before I start decorating the hub with art that was submitted to me for this project and also creating an interesting layout instead of 10 portals in a big room.

Oh yeah, there are also going to be some maps added to this after the public submission window because I have god powers in these projects and can cheat and allow myself and trusted others to submit maps late (life happens!)

With all that said, here is the maplist:

MAP01 - ENTRYWAYTOOBIG - @myolden

MAP02 - Underhalls - idsoftware

MAP03 - DOOM 2 explained to Gen Z - @Walter confetti

MAP04 - Missing inaction - @Cammy

MAP05 - Time - @MtPain27

MAP06 - Hi i am MtErebus37 and this is nail of doom - @Walter confetti

MAP07 - HannaH - @Amiga Angel

MAP08 - Cremaster Threeish* - @Yagacaw

MAP09 - We're going for a ride - @DynamiteKaitorn

MAP10 - Desert Sand Feels Warm At Night - @Snowy44

MAP11 - TE2P2E1125 - @Danlex

MAP12 - Sprout - @Death Bear

MAP13 - Erased Impressions of McGee's #02 - @Sneezy McGlassFace

MAP15 - Guitar - @Ash4ash

MAP15 - The Doll - @Klear

MAP16 - Food Poisoning - @TheEvilGrin

MAP17 - Mondriaan Art Quiz - @Peccatum Mihzamiz

MAP18 - Beginnings - @NeilForshaw 

MAP19 - Persistence - @Weird Sandwich

MAP20 - Acceptance - @Weird Sandwich

MAP21 - Adherence - @Weird Sandwich

MAP22 - Over the Rainbow - @Egregor

MAP23 - Bonus Map to No Where - @Egregor

Additional wads (these both have 32 maps)

SWITCH.wad - @Death Bear

Enough Houses - @muumi

Firstmap.wad** -Various

I have three maps planned, and I believe Bear is working on another one so we'll end up with around 26 base maps with an additional 64 from the two megawad submissions and who knows how many maps from Firstmap.wad. This will be a wad fan's wad fan wad if you get what I'm saying.

*There were several version of this wad submitted to the thread, each with a subtitle. I may end up compiling each separate version as a distinct map. Have to coordinate with Yaga first.

**If you want to be included in this and have your first ever maps featured in this special exhibit, please DM me.

I am also launching an additional thread for an exhibit of unfinished maps. Check that out right here: 

EDIT:

@Peccatum Mihzamiz just reminded me that the HUB museum will also include a special feature exhibit of our Pretty Exciting, New & Intelligent Speedmapping event that we ran last April. It launched on April 1st so the maplist isn't super important.

Edited by BluePineapple72

On 8/24/2023 at 1:13 PM, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

@BluePineapple72 if you want to copy/paste this somewhere in the hub or pull them apart or morph it into whatever you like, you're welcome to do so. it doesn't have to be separate level if you think it could serve better purpose in another way. totally cool.

Did want to mention that since you may not have seen this in the maplist, I will find a way to include this into the HUB. Lest you think of course it should stand alone as a level (you did include music with this which will lead me to believe it may work)

5 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Did want to mention that since you may not have seen this in the maplist, I will find a way to include this into the HUB. Lest you think of course it should stand alone as a level (you did include music with this which will lead me to believe it may work)

The music there is just in case you wanted to keep it separate. It's yours now, do with it as you see fit

I was hoping there will be a readymade in the list. Didn't mention it because I had faith soneone else will have the idea and I'm happy to see I was right.

Just now, Klear said:

I was hoping there will be a readymade in the list. Didn't mention it because I had faith soneone else will have the idea and I'm happy to see I was right.

I remember their being talks of readymades being made for this somewhere on my server. Once RC1 goes live I'll add some interesting things to the museum HUB that could homage this.

Speaking of: all of the maps have been added to a compilation on my end, I'm just tracking down some loose ends before I post. Maps will have to be IDCLEVed to in order to reach them.