Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RC5] EVITERNITY II - RC5 Released!

Oustanding issues in RC4 ...

Map14

Should not the lines around sector 4804 be impassable ? Can walk through the switch. Intentional ?

Map18

1. I noticed that the "chandeliers" are not flush with the ceiling. Will need a decohack height change to fix.

2. Might be worth making lines 15303 and 15347 impassable since the player can walk through the torch.

Map26

1. An issue when viewing the upper texture on line 51. Seen from sector 661. I fixed this by dragging vertex 76 onto vertex 75.

2. GZDoom - render issue floor of sectors 2464 and 1116. Need fake sectors.

3. Player notices the height change when walking over sectors 899, 1417, 2454 ( but not sector 1116. A clue I think ... )

4. It was reported 2 black issues on the boat. This is because sidedefs 118792, 118782, 118682 and 118646 need a Y offset of -416.

5. Lowers of sidedefs 23277 and 23282 need the tex OWOODF25 and the aligned x y 0.

6. Different light levels on the ships beams.

Map27

1. GZDoom - Notice glitch when looking up at sector 1289 for example. Could it have something to do with the height of OSKY01 ?

2. New - Sector 126 needs tag # 1. ( See sector 100 ).

Map29
Sector 1380 needs a floor height of -420, since as sector 1789 lowers to -424, not -420.

Map32

1. Where line 35207 is, RAILA03 could use an alignment fix.

2. Sidedef 8982 needs an x offset of 6.

3. Large chain at line 32277 goes nowhere, not rendered on the other side, and where vertex 29476 is, can see part of large chain.

GZDoom issues ?

4. When the cyber tower - sector 847 gets destroyed, the sky is seen in the floor of sector 574 and 848. A partial fix is to change the tag on sector 574 from 1006 to 3.

5. When the cyber tower - sector 847 gets destroyed, sectors 852, 3263, 3229 etc. etc. scroll.

Action 216 for lines 17550, 17551 etc. will fix this.

6. New - Before sector 3220 rises, you can still see the head of the revenant.

Map35

When crossing lines 515, 520 etc. the silent teleport is somewhat lost, i.e. teleport is quite noticeable, due to positioning of sectors.

Map36

1. Some hanging gore sprites near sector 6965 nearly fully render into the "star" section, and some nearby hanging "mid-air" after gaining access to sectors 65, 25 and 66. UPDATE - T's hang mid-air because their radius is 20 ( length 40 ). The others have a radius of 16, so not affected by the floor height change. Need to use either 16 radius hanging sprites here or change their radius via dehacked.

2. New - Sector 876 needs a ceiling height of -64.

3. New - Should not sectors 48 and 67 have the floor flat OROCKC01 ?

Not reported before I believe - map05 GZDoom look straight up at the sky for small glitch.

Edited by hawkwind

So, uh...Map 32 (RC4).  All of the enemies in the final arena seem to alert upon firing a shot at the start of the map.  Running on the latest version of DSDA on ITYTD difficulty. 

Having played it already on RC1, I am quite shook. 

So I finally finished this (on RC2) today and I just wanted to leave a comment on this since the experience is still fresh.

First off I want to start by saying thanks to all the people involved in making this, from the music to the maps. 

The leap of quality has been so high (especially since Eviternity 1) that its unbelievable to me that this level of content is available for free.

It truly felt like a rollercoaster ride of events and wow moments and even though there were certainly parts that I liked better then others and some themes that I preferred above others I can generally conclude that I had a good time. It really has an adventurous feel to it and truly felt like I was going on a grand journey. And like any good piece of entertainment there were standout moments in this that I take with me from this and would like to share here.

*The moment I reached Map 18, wich is a Buuaal map, I just got goosebumps. I was so immersed into the environment of this map that I had a hard time paying attention to the monsters because I was just so busy being immersed. It felt like a living, breathing place to me. The music also went so beautifully with this! (and this deserves a seperate mention aswell).

*I do want to mention Tristans musical work in this wad. Half of the experience was made for me because I was vibing to this  beautifully composed midi accompanying the map. This somewhat melancholic, somewhat jazzy style that he presented in most of those maps is something I personally couldn't get enough of.  I think I would even go as far as to say that's it's been inspirational even. 

* (No Spoiler) The climax moment of Antares map. My mouth stood wide open before I truly got hold of myself to realize what just actually happened...in Doom..in Boom! (no pun intended). 

* I loved DMPhobos's Ancient Mexican map aswell as the snowy space lounge map.

Also Ukiro, your map is really evil and it made me feel scared. But I did manage to finish it. 

There were obviously many more moments but I don't want to make this post longer then it already is. It's been a while that a wad made me go through so many feelings and experiences. I just felt compelled to share it.  To think that after all these years Doom provides such high quality experiences almost makes me somewhat emotional. Thank you for this wonderful gift. 💜

Hi, started this yesterday, great stuff so far! Not sure if this has been brought up already but I got stuck here in the crumbly path bit in MAP08 Oblation.

Screenshot_Doom_20231223_010555.png

Found a couple graphical bugs today while continuing my playthrough. Firstly, a very tiny slime trail in the big opening area in MAP34 (not sure how you'd go about fixing it and it is quite minor, I'm surprised I even accidentally caught it):

Spoiler

bPcEdkr.png

And secondly, on MAP18 there's strange midtex bleeding that I got on Woof! past the cool fake 3D bridge. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the port or something fixable on the mapping end; I know Woof! isn't a target port (and it doesn't show up in either OpenGL or Software in DSDA-Doom) but still thought it was worth bringing up:

Spoiler

iTnDeB0.png

10 hours ago, notTyrone said:

So, uh...Map 32 (RC4).  All of the enemies in the final arena seem to alert upon firing a shot at the start of the map.  Running on the latest version of DSDA on ITYTD difficulty. 

Yeah someone added a monster alarm in the final room... rc5 let's go?

11 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Map14

Should not the lines around sector 4804 be impassable ? Can walk through the switch. Intentional ?

Some players move diagonally from one pad to another. Setting the lines impassable would prevent that in one of the corners, so I opted to leave it as is as it doesn't matter much gameplay-wise.

12 hours ago, notTyrone said:

This will be fixed among other things. <sigh>

Guess we'll be releasing RC5 today at some point!

If you or anyone else have other bugs to report, report them now. I'm not working on this over the xmas break. 😅

I don't know if it was posted or not, but in MAP03: Sonder, in the SE arena, blockers can be temporarily broken into pieces if a monster/player stands on top of them. When the rest of the blocker will go up it will become whole again. Present in RC4.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 13.35.57.png

56 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

This will be fixed among other things. <sigh>

Guess we'll be releasing RC5 today at some point!

If you or anyone else have other bugs to report, report them now. I'm not working on this over the xmas break. 😅

Not a bug, just wondering about the possible inclusion of that custom DSDACR lump I wrote up (the post is back on Page 9) for a very minor adjustment to the shade of blue used in the ex hud for stat totals in DSDA-Doom.

Thanks for all the work you and the team have put in, and enjoy your holidays!

13 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Not reported before I believe - map05 GZDoom look straight up at the sky for small glitch.

I've seen this reported a few times - This is a GZDoom bug that is as old as time itself, nothing we, the mappers, can do about it.

Thanks for all the feedback by the way. I'm almost concerned for your time and wellbeing with how much time you must have taken to look at every little corner of every map, then double down by reporting the issues by linedef/sidedef/sector index. Very precise, almost too precise!

8 hours ago, dististik said:

on MAP18 there's strange midtex bleeding that I got on Woof!

As far as I can tell, port issue. I'd suggest you report a bug with Woof Devs. :)

1 minute ago, Bytefyre said:

DSDACR lump / Thanks for all the work you and the team have put in, and enjoy your holidays!

I'll have a look, thanks for the reminder about this. :D

You're welcome! Merry Christmas :)

-----

RC5 planned for later today, as said before, get your bug reports in asap if you have any you're aware of! Thanks :D

I had a great time playing through this wad, thank you to everyone involved in making it! I have a couple of very minor errors to report:

Map 2 - linedef 26 should have lower unpegged unchecked.

Map 3 - linedefs 7042, 7004, 7195, 3807, 3766, 4008 have the wrong texture.

Map 25 - linedefs 542 and 544 I believe should also have lower unpegged unchecked.

Playing map 15 again as I'm trying to do single segment runs, and I was caught off guard by the changes to the secret fight. I'm curious if the changes were intended to make it harder?

Spoiler

It feels that way, because the nightmare demons are the most dangerous element with their high speed, and previously you could just BFG them quickly before other enemies showed up. But even before the changes map 15 was already a significant difficulty spike compared to previous maps (including 31/32).

Also in map 15, I noticed there's a very cheap way to deal with the fight before the red key:

Spoiler

I was really struggling to find a consistent approach there since you're in a small space and both the astral mancubi and the cyberdemon can blow you up easily. But if you just hide in the switch alcove after pressing it, none of them can see you, and you can just wait for all the laser barriers to go down, rocket the group of imps, and escape.

On 12/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, ukiro said:

I think I'm never making a map this big again. testing is a nightmare and sooo many things can break. Anyway, I *think* it's sorted out now and we'll just do a bit more testing and then another update.

Aww, this is sad to hear you get so demotivated like that.

Your maps are unique and add special flavors with their intricate, non-linear design to the wad overall!

Anagnorisis gave me a good Immersive Sim vibe. And Kenosis's challenges are also top-notch (Ok, maybe not the one with tons of astral-cacos, when playing on DSDA with infinite high).

I really hope that Kenosis is not gonna be your last!

About Kenosis,

Something about this map's atmosphere hit very differently compared to most of the rest of the set, part of it being the use of dark ambient music and the other being the use of mostly gray and dark rock textures combined with a heavily overcast gray sky, but also the way it's designed. A long lonesome treck through some godforsaken place. 

There's just this really heavy, raw and grim feeling to this map and it's the only map in the set that made me feel somewhat scared and alone, not many maps manage to do that. I'm really curious where that came from and if the author also felt it while making it (and intended it).

Edited by OniriA

I was about to ask which number Kenosis is but they are updating the doomwiki, map list and names here: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Eviternity_II, 36 is indeed an amazing map!

Merry Christmas to you as well @Dragonfly, @Tristan, @Bauul@ukiro and all the others, thank you again for this amazing gift!

* Remember to send some $$: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DragonflyOS

Edited by CacoKnight

Who could have possibly guessed that the sequel to 

Spoiler

Frimaire

would be such a ball-buster...

And that ending!  What in the what?!

Edited by faceplant641

Looks like there is an area of HOM in Map 08 in the red key area in Software only.

Software

doom20.png.bd519bacbd565023bb6888c0f52de247.png

OpenGL

doom21.png.6c542fd544b46238420e68f44b36202a.png

Yep. Looks fine in an editor. Must be a dsda quirk. Can be fixed by changing sector heights for sector 22 to floor 0 ceiling 500, then attaching another sector behind it with a floor/ceiling height of 0. Same for sector 125.

8 minutes ago, hawkwind said:

Yep. Looks fine in an editor. Must be a dsda quirk. Can be fixed by changing sector heights for sector 22 to floor 0 ceiling 500, then attaching another sector behind it with a floor/ceiling height of 0. Same for sector 125/

It's more than just DSDA-Doom; I got the same HOM viewing that area in Woof which is Software-only.  Thanks for lending your mapping knowledge!

5 hours ago, Bytefyre said:

Looks like there is an area of HOM in Map 08 in the red key area in Software only.

Software

doom20.png.bd519bacbd565023bb6888c0f52de247.png

OpenGL

doom21.png.6c542fd544b46238420e68f44b36202a.png

I'm facepalming myself because I meant to set that up properly for software but I forgot in all the excitement. Thanks for alerting me to it!

4 hours ago, Bri said:

I'm facepalming myself because I meant to set that up properly for software but I forgot in all the excitement. Thanks for alerting me to it!

No worries!  Happy to help!

On 12/11/2023 at 7:37 AM, Dragonfly said:

We are looking arranging somewhere for people to get art prints at some point, though I imagine bugfixing comes first!

The full image is 3x the scale linked here, so we should be able to get some good high quality prints! :D

Out of curiosity, what sort of prints would be most interesting? Posters, t-shirts or something else?

Blankets for all the common bed sizes.