Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apex Veiko

What would be the worse game universe to be stuck in?

Thief : The Dark Project, and every stealth and tactics games who need patience to progress.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:40 AM, P_A_Z said:

Thief : The Dark Project, and every stealth and tactics games who need patience to progress.

Living in that universe doesn't mean you have to live the life of the game's protagonist.

On 12/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, P_A_Z said:

You can do a lot worse then a medieval-ish society with electric lights, plus for some reason getting knocked unconscious doesn't seem to cause anyone lasting problems

Probably Contra ( Shattered Soldier era ), Command & Conquer, Metal Gear, and some of the later iterations of Mass Effect - the latter for reasons I will not give on here ( I'll probably get into trouble if I do ).

I thought of another bad universe. Dying Light. But essentially any zombie game applies.

Hexen is the game that brought me here, and it's basically a post-apocalyptic medieval world overrun by demons. So yea, that'd be pretty rough. Cool artifacts & magic though!

As for which world I'd want to live in: the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, and various RPG worlds all seem like good choices.

Remember how some people want all id games to be part of the same continuity so Doomguy is actually the great-grandson of Wolf3Dguy? Imagine Earth in that universe. WW2 was won by the Nazis, then there was a demon invasion (Doom II), then there was a monster invasion (Quake), then there was an alien invasion (Quake II), then there was another demon invasion (Doom Eternal)...

Likewise, the Command & Conquer universe, if they hadn't made the timeline diverge between Red Alert and the original series, would be a non-stop series of world wars followed by a non-stop series of tiberium wars culminating in aliens coming to harvest the world.

Speaking of worlds that are constantly at war, the Strangereal planet from Ace Combat is a sucky place to live, too.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:05 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Living in that universe doesn't mean you have to live the life of the game's protagonist.

Alright, i had misinterpreted the question, so i could say BioShock and STALKER Shoc, they are very immersive.

image.png

You know what's way scarier than zombies and mutants and shit is being at the bottom of a giant claustrophobic maze full of fire and boulders where you'll be trapped alone forever if you fuck up one time

On 12/18/2023 at 5:02 PM, Xcalibur said:

Hexen is the game that brought me here, and it's basically a post-apocalyptic medieval world overrun by demons. So yea, that'd be pretty rough. Cool artifacts & magic though!

not to mention the lore in the manual saying that before the whole serpent rider debacle happened, the leaders of the 3 world-ruling factions essentially enslaved everyone else and suppressed their individuality in the name of The Greater Good(tm)

(would probably be worth it for the cool weaponry though. cmon i wanna have a railgun wand and cast some lightning from my hands that would be so rad)

11 hours ago, Stupid Bunny said:

... a giant claustrophobic maze full of fire and boulders where you'll be trapped alone forever if you fuck up one time

// Mt. Doom in New Zealand ?

People playground would be an absolute nightmare. You will either die a painful death or be the person who does that. Unless you’re a maniac both of those roles would be a nightmare.

On 12/19/2023 at 5:02 PM, 129thVisplane said:

not to mention the lore in the manual saying that before the whole serpent rider debacle happened, the leaders of the 3 world-ruling factions essentially enslaved everyone else and suppressed their individuality in the name of The Greater Good(tm)

(would probably be worth it for the cool weaponry though. cmon i wanna have a railgun wand and cast some lightning from my hands that would be so rad)

lol yea, that's for sure. And you're right, I should've mentioned that Cronos was a harsh, tyrannical realm even before all hell broke loose. It mentions that magic was tightly controlled between the Triumvirate, with even the Legion using magical weapons & artifacts. Thus, the best time to explore and experiment is post-apocalypse (when the game takes place of course).

Minecraft would be pretty bad too. Everything is fucking blocks and you have giant spiders, zombies, skeletons and damned creepers sneaking up and exploding on you and if you get no sleep... phantoms in your hair, not to mention all the other annoying creatures that constantly spawn and you go to town for some snacks and everybody is talking in grunts 'Hrmmmm, Haaaaaahhh, Haaaah, HrRrrRRRMMM'.

On 12/23/2023 at 4:24 PM, DiceByte said:

People playground would be an absolute nightmare. You will either die a painful death or be the person who does that. Unless you’re a maniac both of those roles would be a nightmare.

Never mind I was wrong. I’d rather spend an eternity in hell instead of five minutes as in Gacha Life.

Call of duty zombies, especially during the moon Easter egg because you would have to find a way to survive 3 missiles striking the earth, the most bullshit bus route known to man (Tranzit) and the most unsafe skyscraper ever built (Die Rise), not to mention the endless hordes of undead and the fact that the universe was ended except for one linear timeline.

On 12/26/2023 at 5:11 AM, DiceByte said:

Never mind I was wrong. I’d rather spend an eternity in hell instead of five minutes as in Gacha Life.

T R U E

On 12/12/2023 at 1:43 AM, Tetzlaff said:

The world of INCISION, where the evocation of an unholy "flesh god" turned everything into a rotting mess of rusty steel and flesh, inhabitated only by soulless drones and gruesome monsters.

This reminded me of Saya no Uta (visual novel). Kinda shares the same gore aesthetics

Posted (edited)

That Japanese game named Mushihimesama, that would be a living hell!

Living in Elden Ring's universe should not be fun