Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Fun unexpected moments when monsters kill other monsters

It's fun when you see silly chain reactions like this happen - glad I got this on film 

I guess another time this funny thing happened to me too:

what fun accidental monster on monster mayhem do you find amusing?

3 minutes ago, Li'l devil said:

On very rare occasions pinky pies can gib zombiemen (maybe even sergeants) and that's hilarious.

I've had this happen two times this week for some reason and was amazed by it. Crazy.

Enemies of the same type infighting via barrel explosion is always fun, especially when they have no melee attack and can't hurt each other.

Chaingunners have no chill and can often take down much beefier enemies. Been a while since I've seen one take out a Baron by itself, but it has happened.

Pain elementals killing anything without making a whole mess of the area is pretty rare, that's an excellent clip Clip.

Believe it or not, my fondest memory of this happening is actually in Quake 1. I was running from a spawn when it somehow found itself surrounded by zombies, which kept getting back up to fight it until it gibbed them with its dying explosion.

Edited by SiFi270

14 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Believe it or not, my fondest memory of this happening is actually in Quake 1. I was running from a spawn when it somehow found itself surrounded by zombies, which kept getting back up to fight it until it gibbed them with it's dying explosion.

good, spawns deserve nothing but torture

A cyberdemon killing another cyberdemon as a result of their in-fighting because of the fact that one of them blew a barrel next to the other one would be gorgeous!

1 minute ago, Geniraul said:

A cyberdemon killing another cyberdemon as a result of their in-fighting because of the fact that one of them blew a barrel next to the other one would be gorgeous!

Impossible without modding because they're immune to each others rockets

The comedic timing of an imp confidently winding up for an attack just to get blown up by a distant cyber's rocket that I could see coming a mile away...that will never get old

Also when an archvile is canned in a confined space, trying in vain to murder a cyberdemon trapped right next to it until the idiot archie dies of its own blast damage

Once several years ago, while testing one of my maps (...which I've still yet to release the WAD it's a part of because I'm a lazy bum), I somehow ended up with a Cyberdemon pinned against a wall by three Spectres, which slowly chomped away at it and killed it without retaliation.

When I played Hell Revealed 'recently', I got to see an imp kill a spider mastermind on Post Mortem, and both cyberdemons on Dead Progressive get eaten by demons/specters.

Always fun to see an Archvile with little health left off itself because it got aggroed by the Imp right behind it and ate its own splash damage.

Just earlier today in an Oblige wad, I managed to use an Arachnotron as a body shield against two Chaingunners.
It was disporportionately hilarious, and my admittedly spartan description doesn't do the situation justice.
I was backed in a bloody corner, if it helps lol

The other day I was on single digit low health and fighting some zombies and low tiers, a bit tense. One zombie walks out in front of me, and before I could shoot, it catches the first bullets coming from a distant chaingunner I hadn't seen and buys me a second to dive to cover. That enemy that was the most obvious deadly threat also saved me, and I love little decisions and moments like that in Doom.

I once gibbed a 1 hit point Zombieman with the non berserk fist when playing using Boom many years ago.

Also a Zombieman accidentally killed a Cyberdemon with single digit hit points once while I was circle strafing. His reward, some lead upside his head.

54 minutes ago, thiccyosh said:

I once saw an Imp claw a full health Spiderdemon to death. ONE. SINGULAR. IMP.

Yes you can get the spider cornered and the Imp will deliver it a long slow painful death from 3000 hit points to 0.

14 hours ago, Li'l devil said:

On very rare occasions pinky pies can gib zombiemen (maybe even sergeants) and that's hilarious.

Not as rare as you think. Lost souls can do the same to Zombiemen= gib them.

There was one time where Arch-Vile would infight with a Hell Knight & it would cast its attack so close to it, it would kill itself.

It's quite a rare thing that happens.

Not exactly uncommon, but it always amuses me to see an Archvile resurrect a monster, and then immediately kill it again because it ran right in front of its projectile.

While playing Doom 32X Resurrection, I came across zombieman gibbing another zombieman. It happens in original Doom 32X as well because each bullet shot by a zombieman/sergent deals up to 24 damage

Moment 1, Moment 2. Open them in a new tab manually

Posted (edited)
On 12/12/2023 at 6:24 AM, pcorf said:

I once gibbed a 1 hit point Zombieman with the non berserk fist when playing using Boom many years ago.

Are you sure? The non berserk fist's max damage is 20 and to gib said zombieman you would have to deal 21 points of damage.