Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

DOOM 3 patch is out

The patch doesn't seem to work with certain mods. When I installed it I found my 'Trent Reznor' sound pack didn't work...

So yeah, I'll wait for the the official patch.

DoomUK said:

The patch doesn't seem to work with certain mods. When I installed it I found my 'Trent Reznor' sound pack didn't work...

So yeah, I'll wait for the the official patch.

Heh, provokes a hilarious thought. It'd be funny if the patch made it so that that mod didn't work. That'd be absolutely fucking hilarious.

Melfice said:

Heh, provokes a hilarious thought. It'd be funny if the patch made it so that that mod didn't work. That'd be absolutely fucking hilarious.

...Well if you follow the link to fileshack you'll see it written in black and white... like I say I'll wait for the official patch.

DoomUK said:

Considering that mod is made from the sounds in the alpha, and so is actually illegal, I don't think you can complain.

AirRaid said:

Considering that mod is made from the sounds in the alpha, and so is actually illegal, I don't think you can complain.

yeah but that might be indicative of other mods

If the sound pack is just that, a pack of sounds, why would the "mod" make it not work? I mean, it's just a set of sounds is it not? Or does it contain some other files? And no I have not downloaded/installed this as I'm perfectly fine with the existing sounds.

I installed this patch and now all it does is ask me for my Doom 3 disc 1 every time. Yes I own a legit copy. I take it no one else has experienced this thusfar?

Mancubus II said:

I installed this patch and now all it does is ask me for my Doom 3 disc 1 every time. Yes I own a legit copy. I take it no one else has experienced this thusfar?

I just made a virtual CD of CD1 which is saved to disk and Doom3 doesn't prompt me.

What's the point of releasing a beta patch? It's only a beta. It probably has more problems than it fixes. I'm just gonna wait until the REAL full patch comes out.

ROFL! Any veteran of idsoftware products should know that most of the patches were considered BETA releases, and were used immediately by servers and clients and mods without hesitation. The "official" patch usually only came with purchase of a mission pack or in the case of Doom3 it won't come out until Quake4 is released. And, most of the "official" patches were simply just the most recent BETA patch like with Quake2 MP2: Ground Zero.

Yes, some mods will not work when a new patch is released, but I'm sure that is not idsoftwares intent. It is up to the mod author to support their work and release a patch for their mod. It usually only takes a few tweaks to a mod to keep upto date, so normally a patch for a mod gets released just a couple of days after a patch is released.

S1lent said:

What's the point of releasing a beta patch? It's only a beta. It probably has more problems than it fixes. I'm just gonna wait until the REAL full patch comes out.

The point of a beta is for people to test it. People cannot test it if it isn't released.

Specifically in the Trent Reznor soundpack, aside from the new sound files, most of the monster sound shaders were changed and some zombie def files were changed. Considering that most mods change these three things, I can't imagine id would disable these changes just for one soundpack even though it would affect everything.

Yes,There is no such thing as a patch that isnt considered a BETA.The only patch that isnt considered BETA is the patch that fixes everything wrong with the game.

Mancubus II said:

If the sound pack is just that, a pack of sounds, why would the "mod" make it not work? I mean, it's just a set of sounds is it not? Or does it contain some other files? And no I have not downloaded/installed this as I'm perfectly fine with the existing sounds.

I found out later this was not due to the patch but rather to the IDE/ATA driver I had installed. I rolled it back and no problems.

I installed the beta patch and everything is working good,but I was wandering if and when the official patch comes out will I have to uninstall the game and put in the new patch in. I dont want to loose where im at in the game.

tav said:

I installed the beta patch and everything is working good,but I was wandering if and when the official patch comes out will I have to uninstall the game and put in the new patch in. I dont want to loose where im at in the game.

You won't need to reinstall the game and you won't lose your savegames. Trust me.

just installed the patch, but i can't understand why the console still reports my game version as 1.0.1279

i thought this was a 1.05 patch?